• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly Hope your right!!!!
The kid needs to pull out of his funk!!!!

For sure. By this time last year, Ghost had 8 goals in only 29 games and was in the midst of his 15 game point scoring streak. Only 4 goals and 20 points so far this season in 47 games.

Part of this is due to Provorov becoming our best defenseman and now getting about 23 minutes per game, so we can live with it for the time being.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. By this time last year, Ghost had 8 goals in only 29 games and was in the midst of his 15 game point scoring streak. Only 4 goals and 20 points so far this season in 47 games.

Part of this is due to Provorov becoming our best defenseman and now getting about 23 minutes per game, so we can live with it for the time being.
Ghost needs to pick up his offensive game as well as defensive. He is shell of himself from his rookie season. He starts to come back to the Ghost we all love tonight.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost needs to pick up his offensive game as well as defensive. He is shell of himself from his rookie season. He starts to come back to the Ghost we all love tonight.

He definitely needs to bulk up a little in the off season, he gets knocked off of the puck pretty easy.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely needs to bulk up a little in the off season, he gets knocked off of the puck pretty easy.
On this site it is well known that i am in favor of getting a bigger team Ghost needs to hit the gym especially if he is going to be our 6/7 Dman in a few years playing against 3rd and 4th liners. It didn't matter so much last season when his offense was off the charts but now that has come down it stands out that he gets pushed off the puck easily in the defensive zone.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this site it is well known that i am in favor of getting a bigger team Ghost needs to hit the gym especially if he is going to be our 6/7 Dman in a few years playing against 3rd and 4th liners. It didn't matter so much last season when his offense was off the charts but now that has come down it stands out that he gets pushed off the puck easily in the defensive zone.

That's a great observation, he reminds me of Tyson Berry, great offensive skills but way to soft in the D-zone.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems to usually do well against Carolina so this may be a good team to get him going.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He seriously lacks the physicality to be an effective Dman.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough punishment for tonight.A couple of minutes into the 3rd and they've managed a whopping 6 shots total on net.4-0 Canes

This game was really painful to watch.

And fuck now let's call it 6 - 1.....well scratch that no goal. Probably the best call of the night.

:L

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was an absolute embarrassment. Carolina played very well, but this may have been our worst performance of the season. What is the deal with our boys coming out slow after every single long break this season?

Literally nothing went our way in this game until midway through the third period and by then it was 1-5, which was too little, too late.

Don't even get me started on the fucking refs. Jeff Skinner scored a goal immediately after he crosschecked Manning in the face, then left him lying in the corner. The hooking call on Ghost was a joke. I even remember them calling icing on the Flyers early in the 3rd when Carolina was clearly the team that shot the puck down into their own zone...Lol You rarely ever see horribly blown calls like these, let alone all in one game.

That said, we were a step slow for about 80% of the game and lost most all of the battles. I mean, we looked like a bad minor league team there through two periods. Six shots and three scoring chances? Are you fucking kidding me!?! It's an absolute disgrace.

I can't for the life of me understand this team. Sometimes they are extremely resilient and other times they just bend over and take it for 40-60 minutes. I'm sorry, but once we see the "never say die" attitude, we expect to see it all of the fucking time.

Also, I expect Mase to now be out several weeks with the tweeked groin that he for some fucking reason appeared to play through for about the last...what...25 minutes of the game?

Last edited:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never fails flying before the break then boom stink it out. It was everyone too....i was scared that this would happen all the bad defensive habits come back.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was an absolute embarrassment. Carolina played very well, but this may have been our worst performance of the season. What is the deal with our boys coming out slow after every single long break this season?

Absolutely nothing went our way in this game until midway through the third period and by then it was 0-5, which was too little, too late.

Don't even get me started on the fucking refs. Jeff Skinner scored a goal immediately after he crosschecked Manning in the face, then left him lying in the corner. The hooking call on Ghost was a joke. I even remember them calling icing on the Flyers early in the 3rd when Carolina was clearly the team that shot the puck down into their own zone...Lol You rarely ever see horribly blown calls like these, let alone all in one game.

That said, we were a step slow for about 80% of the game and lost most all of the battles. I mean, we looked like a bad minor league team there through two periods. Six shots and three scoring chances? Are you fucking kidding me!?! It's an absolute disgrace.

I can't for the life of me understand this team. Sometimes they are extremely resilient and other times they just bend over and take it for 40-60 minutes. I'm sorry, but once we see the "never say die" attitude, we expect to see it all of the fucking time.

Also, I expect Mase to now be out several weeks with the tweeked groin that he for some fucking reason appeared to play through for about the last...what...25 minutes of the game?

Oh yes you can, it's exactly what you said and what I highlighted in your post. This team needs a pure scorer to help balance at least 2 solid lines. The roll players on this team suck! Sorry to sound all negative but I can't see for the life of me players like Bellemare, Raffl etc being legit NHL players. Konecny should be given a little more time on a better line, He's not big but he is creative, Just my 2 cents sucks watching these games.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes you can, it's exactly what you said and what I highlighted in your post. This team needs a pure scorer to help balance at least 2 solid lines. The roll players on this team suck! Sorry to sound all negative but I can't see for the life of me players like Bellemare, Raffl etc being legit NHL players. Konecny should be given a little more time on a better line, He's not big but he is creative, Just my 2 cents sucks watching these games.

I've seen this team perform much better though, they just completely laid an egg tonight. Every time we had the puck, we were either hesitating or turning it over, while Carolina was moving it quickly to a teammate. We're much better then the horrid display I just had to watch. Whenever the puck bounced somewhere it was right on one of their sticks and we were outnumbered in seemingly every puck battle. This doesn't normally happen and also we are usually very resilient when down by multiple goals. Not the case this time. Zero push back.

I like Bellemare and Raffl. Konecny is only a little young and small. He just needs to mature some, put on a few pounds and he'll be fine.

Yes, we could use a big, scoring winger. We all know that, but it's not the reason we got throttled tonight.