• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Sanheim and Morin both playing next year... happening sooner than you think.

Well, I don't expect that young of a defense to be dominant right out of the gate, so I am giving them a couple of seasons to get their bearings.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't expect that young of a defense to be dominant right out of the gate, so I am giving them a couple of seasons to get their bearings.
At the same time they are being seasoned in the AHL some guys are brought up immediately so by next year I can see them both sticking or as Awaz said possibly Myers. NHL teams can't leave any player down there for too long in todays cap league.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the same time they are being seasoned in the AHL some guys are brought up immediately so by next year I can see them both sticking or as Awaz said possibly Myers. NHL teams can't leave any player down there for too long in todays cap league.

Myers definitely seems like he could even be our second best defender shortly. It will be interesting to see what Hexy does before the deadline and in the offseason. Will he empty the blue line out for the young guys coming up or will he sign a couple veterans to short term deals and ease them in? You would think the latter.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a tough call because if you sign defensemen and then several of our young crop make the team in training camp, you are stuck with some extra players. If you don't sign anyone, that puts pressure on the young guys or sort of gives them the impression that the spots are already theirs. Basically, they need someone to compete against in training camp to essentially beat out.

I am sure guys like Morin, Sanheim and Myers will be gunning to make the team straight out of training camp. These are some bigger guys that can also skate and should really be able to clear the front of the net for us.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmer scores first in the AS game.

Uh, you are correct sir. Wayne train opens the scoring in the second game of the afternoon...Lol

Damn and he just put in another one...

I remember him saying in a interview before that he was just hoping to score a couple goals. Well, he's accomplished that mission already just five minutes into the 20 minute game.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmer scores first in the AS game.

Great call Dude!!!!

Now when you're done toying around with us, how about the winning power ball numbers huh!!! :lol:

:first:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia-Flyers-17-Wayne-Simmonds-White-2017-All-Star-Metropolitan-Division-Stitched-NHL-Jersey-18nr1Z.jpg

13s.jpg

mvp-award-213185.png

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few thoughts on the all-star game.....
If I was a goalie picked to go to the all-star game, I'm afraid I'd have to say no......
Some of those guys unfortunately get schooled like crazy, ya feel bad for them, lol, well somewhat.

And for fuck sake, that announcer sounded like he had a three some with crosby and ovechkin. All he could Fuckin talk about was those two.....but let's talk about what he didn't tell us!!!! I think All but 3 out of 9 goals were scored against Cindy cuntsbys line..... these two were talked up so much and sucked ass so bad.....Simmer scored more than those two put together!!!!
Even the headline on nhl.com read Penguins captain crosby scores to help metro division.....get fucked....his goal and his boyfriend ovechkin goals were meaningless. They scored the last two of game one in a 10 - 6 game.
This was Simmer's game, and the MVP is Simmer!!!! Congrats to Simmer, and fuck off Cuntsby and Ovechkin!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OV was cherry picking (unsuccessfully) for basically the entire first game. That's probably why his line was giving up goals...Lol

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OV was cherry picking (unsuccessfully) for basically the entire first game. That's probably why his line was giving up goals...Lol

Maybe he was picking flowers for his two lovers, the announcer and Cuntsby.

I mean how can you continue to talk up two assholes that have done nothing.....NOTHING, all day???
Only thing that would of made it worse was if Chris Colinsworth and Phil Simms were in the booth announcing also.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few thoughts on the all-star game.....
If I was a goalie picked to go to the all-star game, I'm afraid I'd have to say no......
Some of those guys unfortunately get schooled like crazy, ya feel bad for them, lol, well somewhat.

And for fuck sake, that announcer sounded like he had a three some with crosby and ovechkin. All he could Fuckin talk about was those two.....but let's talk about what he didn't tell us!!!! I think All but 3 out of 9 goals were scored against Cindy cuntsbys line..... these two were talked up so much and sucked ass so bad.....Simmer scored more than those two put together!!!!
Even the headline on nhl.com read Penguins captain crosby scores to help metro division.....get fucked....his goal and his boyfriend ovechkin goals were meaningless. They scored the last two of game one in a 10 - 6 game.
This was Simmer's game, and the MVP is Simmer!!!! Congrats to Simmer, and fuck off Cuntsby and Ovechkin!!!
Yep they just love that cocksmoker....its sickening. I was calling for Simmer but thought no way this can happen... I guess the west coast isn't as biased. Even Gretzky threw him out there to close the game good on him!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see this kid in the line up. Anyone that gets compared to Pronger needs to be playing.
Let's don't get too excited I agree that these kids need to earn it but they are working hard in the AHL they didn't make the NHL immediately after the draft. I think they'll stick because of this maybe even get a little taste this year.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's don't get too excited I agree that these kids need to earn it but they are working hard in the AHL they didn't make the NHL immediately after the draft. I think they'll stick because of this maybe even get a little taste this year.

I've seen Morin play and get better, he seems like the real deal especially on the defensive side The Flyers need a gritty Dman. Would love to see him get a call up.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAmo6K1.img

Six years ago, Simmonds was traded from LA to the Flyers. Coming back to the Staples Center for All-Star Weekend was an especially sweet moment. He returned to big cheers from the hometown crowd and had three goals in the All-Star Game, including the game-winner. After the game, Simmonds spoke about how much the honor and win meant to him.

"It's a great situation to be in, and I'm just really happy right now," Simmonds said. "It's all pretty surreal right now. Obviously I realize what's going on, and I've got family here, and I got to enjoy it with my finance, so it's been awesome."