• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost wish that there was no break as they are playing a lot better now. Team D is the key they win when they focus on it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to add that it's also nice to see the Pens, Jackets and Rangers all falling back down to earth as of late. While we're way behind right now, if we can beat them head to head, that could change in a hurry.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, despite the win, I thought the referees missed no less than three clear penalties on the Leafs. I believe it was Raffl and Cousins who were high sticked and Voracek was the victim of interference at least once as well. Surprised that none of these were called after Gudas was called for kneeing, which was extremely questionable and we had killed off six full minutes of power play in the first period with none of our own.

I was thinking at the time that those non-calls were going to be a storyline, but the late goal by Lyubimov fortunately changed that. Nonetheless, it should still be brought up during a win as it could be during a loss. I'm sorry, but terrible job by the refs.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, despite the win, I thought the referees missed no less than three clear penalties on the Leafs. I believe it was Raffl and Cousins who were high sticked and Voracek was the victim of interference at least once as well. Surprised that none of these were called after Gudas was called for kneeing, which was extremely questionable and we had killed off six full minutes of power play in the first period with none of our own.

I was thinking at the time that those non-calls were going to be a storyline, but the late goal by Lyubimov fortunately changed that. Nonetheless, it should still be brought up during a win as it could be during a loss. I'm sorry, but terrible job by the refs.

image.png

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win boys-enjoy your few days off,then back to winning ways!
Great team victory wish we could play like that every game. Cousins looked like Gretzky minus the goals and assists last night where is that on a nightly basis

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These last three wins are enormous for us. Now we have some breathing room over teams like the Devils, Hurricanes, Islanders, Wings, Sabres, Lightning and Panthers. Unfortunately the Leafs and Isles still have three games in hand on us, so we will need to keep pushing hard after the All-Star break.

That said, this little streak of wins were all over teams competing directly with us for the last few playoff spots, so they were absolutely critical points. This gives us some hope finally that we do have a very competitive, resilient squad. One that will make the playoffs and strike fear into some of the top teams.
It really looked like the refs were trying to give that game to Toronto and some of those bad calls need to be looked at by the NHL.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmer scores first in the AS game.

Well, there are only 8 players in the entire Nhl right now that have scored more than Simmonds has this season, so it's always a good bet to pick him to score first...Lol

Actually, Schenn and Simmonds are #1 and tied for #2 respectively in power play goals also. Pretty decent at cleaning up the garbage in front and getting deflections.

We just need to get Giroux, Voracek and especially Ghost going on the power play. Only 8 goals between the three of them. That's way too low for such a talented, potent and lethal unit. Ghost only has one. That's ridiculous, considering what he did last season.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore on the defensive side of things. I think we're going to be the envy of the Nhl once we have Sanheim, Myers, Morin and Hagg in the top six along with Ghost and Provorov. Yes, we'll be young, but Provorov is a legitimate top pairing guy and Sanheim/Myers both could be as well. That's a lot more depth on defense than we've probably ever had.

I'm not talking about next season either. This is two to three, maybe even four seasons from now. By then, Ghost and Provorov will still be young, but also experienced and ready to lead the charge on defense.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore on the defensive side of things. I think we're going to be the envy of the Nhl once we have Sanheim, Myers, Morin and Hagg in the top six along with Ghost and Provorov. Yes, we'll be young, but Provorov is a legitimate top pairing guy and Sanheim/Myers both could be as well. That's a lot more depth on defense than we've probably ever had.

I'm not talking about next season either. This is two to three, maybe even four seasons from now. By then, Ghost and Provorov will still be young, but also experienced and ready to lead the charge on defense.
I can see Sanheim and Morin both playing next year... happening sooner than you think.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Sanheim and Morin both playing next year... happening sooner than you think.

Agreed. And honestly I think Myers is ahead of both of those guys.

They'll be eased in, as they always are, but I could see all 3 of them making a case in training camp next summer.