• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen this team perform much better though, they just completely laid an egg tonight. Every time we had the puck, we were either hesitating or turning it over, while Carolina was moving it quickly to a teammate. We're much better then the horrid display I just had to watch. Whenever the puck bounced somewhere it was right on one of their sticks and we were outnumbered in seemingly every battle. This doesn't normally happen and also we are usually very resilient when down by multiple goals. Not the case this time. Zero push back.

Oh I agree with your whole post, I know it's still a rebuilding stage it just seems compared to some other teams, the depth is severely lacking and isn't much better than Minor leagues, Not enough good players to balance the bad plays. I also think the constant line up changes aren't helping too much either lol,

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to go with Ghost to break out of his first half slump tomorrow night vs Carolina

Well, you were right. Ghost was on the ice for the first goal of the game. Fucking -19 on the season now. -11 in January alone. Pretty unreal when you think about it. He was hanging in there, but now the wheels have completely fallen off.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst part of this is that we the fans have to endure 4, 5 or 6 days on end with no Flyer hockey only to see them get completely railroaded in the first game back. It's fucking depressing.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was an absolute embarrassment. Carolina played very well, but this may have been our worst performance of the season. What is the deal with our boys coming out slow after every single long break this season?

Literally nothing went our way in this game until midway through the third period and by then it was 1-5, which was too little, too late.

Don't even get me started on the fucking refs. Jeff Skinner scored a goal immediately after he crosschecked Manning in the face, then left him lying in the corner. The hooking call on Ghost was a joke. I even remember them calling icing on the Flyers early in the 3rd when Carolina was clearly the team that shot the puck down into their own zone...Lol You rarely ever see horribly blown calls like these, let alone all in one game.

That said, we were a step slow for about 80% of the game and lost most all of the battles. I mean, we looked like a bad minor league team there through two periods. Six shots and three scoring chances? Are you fucking kidding me!?! It's an absolute disgrace.

I can't for the life of me understand this team. Sometimes they are extremely resilient and other times they just bend over and take it for 40-60 minutes. I'm sorry, but once we see the "never say die" attitude, we expect to see it all of the fucking time.

Also, I expect Mase to now be out several weeks with the tweeked groin that he for some fucking reason appeared to play through for about the last...what...25 minutes of the game?
A step slow is putting it very mildly. we were embarrassed in the speed department by a ton with Gee leading the way. Its like he is skating up a down escalator with a refrigerator tied to his back. How can our first line score a goal 5 on 5 when Voarcek is doing all the work one on three into the zone and has to wait for any help at all. we are totally wasting Jakes speed with gee on his line. Couts glides around the ice like its a Sunday afternoon if he ever gets to top speed he fumbles the puck away or passes into a player who is double teamed. Carolina buzzed around our zone with such ease because they had no fear of anyone actually throwing a check. They knocked over Mase three times without any retaliation whatsoever. If i was Mase i would've faked an injury after nobody even bothered to stand up for him on multiple occasions. That was just a shit show of a game.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you were right. Ghost was on the ice for the first goal of the game. Fucking -19 on the season now. -11 in January alone. Pretty unreal when you think about it. He was hanging in there, but now the wheels have completely fallen off.
He was extra bad in the defensive zone yesterday and what the heck happened to Manning. The first couple of weeks i thought he actually turned into a real dman we could count on. Im disgusted today.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst part of this is that we the fans have to endure 4, 5 or 6 days on end with no Flyer hockey only to see them get completely railroaded in the first game back. It's fucking depressing.
Something needs to change we need a shake up of this team. If we are going to be this slow we need to get big so that teams a'rent just laughing at us while they go by. If we arent going to go big lets get some guys with speed we cant stay in the middle like this.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres a thought at 3-0 how about any of the following stop being pussies and start and win a fight to spark the team:
Frenchie
Lubi
VV
Couts
Cousins
Read
McDonald
Delzotto- not in the line up but same goes for you
Weise - not in the line up but same goes for you

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitchkok is available-bring him back-at least he knows how to teach defence,how to share goaltending duties,and how to hold players accountable-all things we lack.

He could be an advisor,if Hextall doesn't want to can Hakstol.

I feel the only reason that Hakstol hasn't been canned,is that Hextall would have to admit he fucked up by hiring him.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I best get him back on my fantasy roster, because he's probably going to light us up if we put forth the same effort as Tuesday night.

I fucking benched Aho that night and he had a hat trick with four total points against us...Lol

So, enough of that shit. I'm just going to start my guys. Our defense is bad, that's just the current state of things.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to be all doom and gloom at this juncture, but if we're already getting slaughtered by young and fragile teams like Carolina when we have 10-12 veterans on any given night, we might as well throw in the towel now and forget about the playoffs.

I'm sorry, but we're a far better team than that. I'm going to pray that this was just one very off night for us, because that was an absolutely embarrassing display of hockey. It's the kind of game you have a team meeting after with no coaches. Like, boys are we going to at least play for one another or not!?!?

It brings me back to wondering what the fuck our players are doing during these long breaks off. Maybe they're having too much sex. Women weaken legs, right?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It brings me back to wondering what the fuck our players are doing during these long breaks off. Maybe they're having too much sex. Women weaken legs, right?

And make their sticks soft!!!! :pound:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot tell you how it angers me when people instantly go on the rampage about this player sucks that player sucks, we need to get rid of so and so...... I mean in an attempt to learn the game I joined several Flyers groups and tried some Fantasy hockey....all that jazz.

I have since last year left 8 groups for the Flyers and was booted out of 2....LOL.
But I just can't stand hearing the bullshit day in and day out. IDK, I have been told it's the Philly fans in general and have been told to ask Mitch Williams if I didn't believe it. After a win, they are all God's and after a loss, the shit talk on our players was just crazy.

I look at it like this,
Last year we were very fortunate to get into the playoffs, and it was nice. We are still in a rebuilding process, and it takes time. Just look at the guys, one week they have a firm grasp on Hakstol's system and the next week they are lucky to have a firm grasp on their own asses. We have a ton of highly regarded kids on the Phantoms that will be coming up within the next year or so and it's only gonna get better. Right now we have the talent, but we also have a lot of holes on each line, and with Hakstol continuously switching lines its rough on the guys, but he's is just seeing if he can get a couple of guys hooked up together that can give that wow factor....Like how G, Ghost, and Voracek click together in OT. There has been some to little success in finding that. And with Ghost, what pro athlete doesn't hit that sophomore slump...Last year no one knew shit about him and he lit everyone up. This year, every time he gets the puck up by the blue line, they rush up and get in his face, and he can't get those shots off like last year. So they are looking for him to step up on D, and he is struggling there big time. To which Hakstol has sat him twice, and rightfully so. Ghost does lack the physicality for D at times and it shows.
But there is tons of talent on this team, but there are also a lot of holes.....Will we make the playoffs again, probably. But the team is gonna have to fight like hell to get in, and they probably won't make it out of the first round.....But again, we probably shouldn't be there, but IMO we will be!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitchkok is available-bring him back-at least he knows how to teach defence,how to share goaltending duties,and how to hold players accountable-all things we lack.

He could be an advisor,if Hextall doesn't want to can Hakstol.

I feel the only reason that Hakstol hasn't been canned,is that Hextall would have to admit he fucked up by hiring him.
Even though i ripped this team because they deserve it i dont think its Hakstol. The base core of this team has been through enough coaches now where i have to start putting the leadership of the players in question.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I best get him back on my fantasy roster, because he's probably going to light us up if we put forth the same effort as Tuesday night.

I fucking benched Aho that night and he had a hat trick with four total points against us...Lol

So, enough of that shit. I'm just going to start my guys. Our defense is bad, that's just the current state of things.
Hate when that happens but Aho seems to play well against us. Hopefully we realize that and maybe cover him once in awhile. Hope Galchenyuk doesnt get you any points tonight.:D