• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm a Columbus fan I'd be livid if they used the 3rd pick to move bad contracts. The 3rd pick is probably the most valuable asset/player they've had since Rick Nash, to use it to get out from under bad contracts.. man.. that's basically signing up that this is the start of a massive rebuild that will take a year or two to even get started.
I would be livid too. When I first saw the rumors I said no way does columbus trade that pick it would be stupidity imo. But Im also not sure I can say Ive seen that many bad long term contracts since the beginning of the cap. But the future of columbus is bleak. And this is the jackets I cant say it would be a surprise if they do trade the pick :L We have some bad contracts but this is awful

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-22%20at%201.00.49%20PM_zpsobquwfdu.png

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the rumors I'm seeing are

3rd overall pick
Hartnell
Clarkson

for top tier young player
1st rd pick

hm, that would be interesting. i hope theres a couple deals on Friday, that'd be exciting :)

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hm, that would be interesting. i hope theres a couple deals on Friday, that'd be exciting :)
Im hoping to see a couple deals too. Draft day trades are fun. Then we have free agency and a long wait for the puck to drop again :L I cant do baseball. Where do you guys think Stamkos goes? I can see Detroit as the potential front runner. But I have Buffalo as A dark horse,maybe Toronto. Cooperate could be an interesting option for someone. Most of the FA depth is on defense tho imo

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be livid too. When I first saw the rumors I said no way does columbus trade that pick it would be stupidity imo. But Im also not sure I can say Ive seen that many bad long term contracts since the beginning of the cap. But the future of columbus is bleak. And this is the jackets I cant say it would be a surprise if they do trade the pick :L We have some bad contracts but this is awful

View attachment 130233
Wow that is a lot of bad contracts.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that is a lot of bad contracts.
I remember Chicago and Boston having some bad contracts. But those were players that were A lot easier to move. Columbus is flooded with players that either. Have clauses,are paid far beyond their production and worth,have injury problems or are part of their future and cant be moved. They also have players like Seth Jones who you know is getting a raise. I thought the Zajac and Greene contracts were bad but Columbus is in bad shape

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3rd overall pick
Hartnell
Clarkson

1st rd pick

anyone taking this deal is a moron. That is 10 million in contracts for 3 years. Clarkson's contract is just absurd for what he brings and Hartnell is due to decline. Neither of them really jump at me as players to get a team over the hump and 3rd overall pick just won't bring the impact necessary, let alone giving up a first rounder and a premiere prospect.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hoping to see a couple deals too. Draft day trades are fun. Then we have free agency and a long wait for the puck to drop again :L I cant do baseball. Where do you guys think Stamkos goes? I can see Detroit as the potential front runner. But I have Buffalo as A dark horse,maybe Toronto. Cooperate could be an interesting option for someone. Most of the FA depth is on defense tho imo

I don't know where Stamkos goes, I just really hope it's not Toronto. If they roll out Stamkos, Matthews, Marner, and Nylander next year and for the foreseeable future, we're going to have a problem haha

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone taking this deal is a moron. That is 10 million in contracts for 3 years. Clarkson's contract is just absurd for what he brings and Hartnell is due to decline. Neither of them really jump at me as players to get a team over the hump and 3rd overall pick just won't bring the impact necessary, let alone giving up a first rounder and a premiere prospect.
I agree while the 3rd overall pick is very alluring. Giving up a top tier young player and exchanging a 1st rd pick. And absorbing the hit on Clarkson and Hartnells contracts isn't something I'm interested in. Especially with no movement clauses in the mix. Unless A GM works some serious magic. Thats dressing 5 million dollar plus players on the fourth line

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know where Stamkos goes, I just really hope it's not Toronto. If they roll out Stamkos, Matthews, Marner, and Nylander next year and for the foreseeable future, we're going to have a problem haha
Haha Toronto is the spot i was really hoping he doesn't land. But it will not surprise me either. He could be scary in Buffalo with Eichel too tho

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that Drager is reporting that Buffalo is prepared to offer Stamkos 12 million per season no mention of years.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that Drager is reporting that Buffalo is prepared to offer Stamkos 12 million per season no mention of years.
I didn't see that one yet I'm going to have to look. But I do think Buffalo is the better fit for him. IMO theyre A lot closer to A legit run than the Wings. The Wings have a lot of holes to fill on defense imo. Signing Stamkos would hand cuff them imo. And I think the wings still have to pick up part of Datsyuks contract

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3rd overall pick
Hartnell
Clarkson

1st rd pick
Seriously thought you were joking when you brought up this rumor. Wow, Devils would be really stupid to take on even one of these contracts, but to take on both contracts would be beyond moronic. If Shero were to make that deal, he deserves to be fired & possibly sued IMO.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously thought you were joking when you brought up this rumor. Wow, Devils would be really stupid to take on even one of these contracts, but to take on both contracts would be beyond moronic. If Shero were to make that deal, he deserves to be fired & possibly sued IMO.
Im seriously hoping that trade rumor doesn't happen. Giving up Blandisi and their pick for Clarkson,Hartnell and the 3rd overall. Would be sheer stupidity :L

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Shero doing it. He likes to trade away draft picks & prospects for missing pieces. Doubt if he sees David Clarkson & Scott Hartnell as missing pieces.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be a Sabre.. Book it! It makes perfect sense. The Sabres can give him north of $10 mil/per, they have a great young up and coming corp of players, and they can focus on building their defense via draft this season. The sabres are going to be a scary team in 2-3 years.