• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck ya man. Got the pregame on now. Very excited, though it's quite an uphill climb tonight.

How ya been man?
Been busy but doing good. I won't be able to watch the game. But I'm going to try to keep tabs on the score. Lets Go USA :hope:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been busy but doing good. I won't be able to watch the game. But I'm going to try to keep tabs on the score. Lets Go USA :hope:

Heh. That didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Man is Argentina good.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see the game i'm out. How bad was it?

4-0 Argentina. Didn't play terrible, but could've played better. Argentina was just too fast for em. Every time we got a touch they were right there to take it off us. I think possession was 65/35 or so, no shots for the us. Just couldn't get anything going.

Messi had a beauty of a free kick goal, again.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-0 Argentina. Didn't play terrible, but could've played better. Argentina was just too fast for em. Every time we got a touch they were right there to take it off us. I think possession was 65/35 or so, no shots for the us. Just couldn't get anything going.

Still gotta be proud of team USA :suds:

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was painful. I don't know what is worse, losing because you play poorly or losing because you are just flat out not as talented as the other team. It is still mind-boggling to me that the USA is not perennially competitive. I realize our best athletes don't go towards soccer, but man...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was painful. I don't know what is worse, losing because you play poorly or losing because you are just flat out not as talented as the other team. It is still mind-boggling to me that the USA is not perennially competitive. I realize our best athletes don't go towards soccer, but man...

heh no kidding. that was men against boys last night. the US let Argentina in their head to i think. the first touches were just lousy for the US. they were panicking even when Argentina wasn't 2 inches away from them.

i'm hoping soccer really starts growing in the US. i personally think football has reached its pinnacle and will start to come down now. with all the concussions and long term injuries guys suffer through. more important, the significant impacts it has on kids. i think the younger generations will stop playing as much and leaning towards other sports instead, and i think soccer probably has the most to gain from that. i know down here it's crazy. my adult league, in just the coed portion, has 7 divisions of 8 teams.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heh no kidding. that was men against boys last night. the US let Argentina in their head to i think. the first touches were just lousy for the US. they were panicking even when Argentina wasn't 2 inches away from them.

i'm hoping soccer really starts growing in the US. i personally think football has reached its pinnacle and will start to come down now. with all the concussions and long term injuries guys suffer through. more important, the significant impacts it has on kids. i think the younger generations will stop playing as much and leaning towards other sports instead, and i think soccer probably has the most to gain from that. i know down here it's crazy. my adult league, in just the coed portion, has 7 divisions of 8 teams.
You may be right, but unless soccer gets some money behind it it won't make much headway.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The difference in that game last night other than Argentina just being better was they ran at the ball on defense and we jogged on defense

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft is in two days im getting really excited to see what we are going to do.
Theres A lot of potential excitement. Especially with Columbus shopping that 3rd overall pick.But its going to come at a heavy cost. If they trade it it will not just be giving up a solid young player. But picking u some massive cap hits. Columbus needs to dump bad contracts bad. Their cap is a disaster.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres A lot of potential excitement. Especially with Columbus shopping that 3rd overall pick.But its going to come at a heavy cost. If they trade it it will not just be giving up a solid young player. But picking u some massive cap hits. Columbus needs to dump bad contracts bad. Their cap is a disaster.

If I'm a Columbus fan I'd be livid if they used the 3rd pick to move bad contracts. The 3rd pick is probably the most valuable asset/player they've had since Rick Nash, to use it to get out from under bad contracts.. man.. that's basically signing up that this is the start of a massive rebuild that will take a year or two to even get started.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We definitely do need another bad contract. Hextall pulled off some magic by getting rid of some and we don't want to go back down that road.