• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couturier looks like a man playing against boys often here while slotted into a third line role. He has really turned it around. No complaints whatsoever. I wasn't complaining about him anyway, but he really has hit another gear now.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eichel may be the best offensive player in the Nhl right now. Yeah...I know.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs do win, but the Panthers lose and the Islanders are tied. This could be a very productive night for us. All we have to do is beat the Leafs on Thursday and keep this train rolling.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope last nights game was an eye opener as to what this team can do when they play a solid 60 minutes, we need to cut down on stupid penalties and stay strong 5 on 5. We now have a couple of more good puck movers in Weal and Filpula, I see us making a damn good run here towards the end.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go with Read. He's been playing well and is due.

congrats2.gif
nice call Dude.

Just got 13 staples out of my head today. Maybe that will bring good luck tonite lol.

Damn dude, hope all is well for you!!!! Got caught between the boards with Gudas, did ya....:lol:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from our penalty kill and letting them come at us a bit midway through the second and late in the third, that was a pretty dominant effort last night and all at even strength too.

Six even strength Flyer goals scored in one night. Get this stat. That is equivalent to the number of even strength goals we scored in the last SIX FULL GAMES COMBINED. That's absolutely mind-blowing!!

While we probably should've scored on the power play in the first period and been up 2-1, 3-1 or 4-1 at intermission, we still managed to pot six goals once our luck changed in the second period after we kept pressing.

I don't want to get overly excited here, but this is the kind of game that could springboard us into a serious playoff run. Why? Ten different players had a point. Thirteen different players were positive in the plus/minus area. Five different players with multiple points. Guys who hadn't scored in awhile like G, Konecny, Read and to a lesser extent VV all lit the lamp.

We may finally get a true look at what this team is all about in these last 17 games and I am fucking grateful for that.

Last edited:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats2.gif
nice call Dude.

Damn dude, hope all is well for you!!!! Got caught between the boards with Gudas, did ya....:lol:

Might as well have been lol. Caught my head on the corner of an RV where the beds slide out. I'll upload a pic for ya later if you like head gashes, It was fun for all involved except me, My wife even filmed them putting the staples in.:D

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from our penalty kill and letting them come at us a bit midway through the second and late in the third, that was a pretty dominant effort last night and all at even strength too.

Six even strength Flyer goals scored in one night. Get this stat. That is equivalent to the number of even strength goals we scored in the last SIX FULL GAMES COMBINED. That's absolutely mind-blowing!!

While we probably should've scored on the power play in the first period and been up 2-1, 3-1 or 4-1 at intermission, we still managed to pot six goals once our luck changed in the second period after we kept pressing.

I don't want to get overly excited here, but this is the kind of game that could springboard us into a serious playoff run. Why? Ten different players had a point. Thirteen different players were positive in the plus/minus area. Five different players with multiple points. Guys who hadn't scored in awhile like G, Konecny, Read and to a lesser extent VV all lit the lamp.

We may finally get a true look at what this team is all about in these last 17 games and I am fucking grateful for that.

This is also what may kill us, there's a big difference when you do score these early goals, it takes the other team out of their game and gives you momentum, we miss out on a lot of it and it comes back to haunt us, hopefully we turn that trend around.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes the win last night so sweet is that we may have just walked into their building and eliminated Buffalo from playoff contention. They are now a full seven points back, having played two extra games already. That's probably too much to overcome.

We are only three points back with an even amount of games played, plus we're starting to dominate now.

Tampa and Florida have been passed. Now we have the opportunity to beat the Leafs tomorrow night and begin to put them away for good too. Only the Isles will be left if we keep rolling and we have a date with them on March 30th in our building.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid has speed and talent. 2 goals in 8 games projects to 20 for a season. He certainly has added some excitement.

Next season, after all this BS from the expansion draft is over and they start filtering the kids up from the Phantoms.....Everyday will be like Christmas.

It will be more action than any of us might be able to handle seeing the spark each and every new face brings to us!!!!

upload_2017-3-9_8-35-56.jpeg

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to ride with Bellemare. I know right. I think maybe the A on his chest may have lifted his play, time for the energy guys to emerge and make us doubly dangerous..

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to ride with Bellemare. I know right. I think maybe the A on his chest may have lifted his play, time for the energy guys to emerge and make us doubly dangerous..

Chris Therien...."No Doubt"

:suds:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that game against Buff was so awesome i called out yesterday. :suds:
Gudas with the snipe of the year
Gee scores from within the dots i havent seen that in years
Gudas and DelZ +5
3 of 4 lines dominating

Its so nice when we win i can celebrate like it was a playoff victory because from here on out they are all playoff games.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that game against Buff was so awesome i called out yesterday. :suds:
Gudas with the snipe of the year
Gee scores from within the dots i havent seen that in years
Gudas and DelZ +5
3 of 4 lines dominating

Its so nice when we win i can celebrate like it was a playoff victory because from here on out they are all playoff games.

And if you're thinking anything like I am, I want our boys to make it in and then take our pound of flesh from the Caps in round one. They'll be sorry that we made it.