• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Simmer becomes captain of this team is if Gee gets traded which i personally wouldn't mind seeing.

I'm sorry, but I just can't go there right now. I have to believe that Giroux will rise up yet again and put all of the critics to bed. He's too fucking young to be over the hill already.

I remember not long ago discussing this guy as a top ten player in the world. That wasn't misguided praise either.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but I just can't go there right now. I have to believe that Giroux will rise up yet again and put all of the critics to bed. He's too fucking young to be over the hill already.

I remember not long ago discussing this guy as a top ten player in the world. That wasn't misguided praise either.

I agree. Until I see his play on a steady decline I wont give up on him.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im already there and have been for a while. His whole game is PP points and has little to offer other than that.When you say rise up i have to assume you are only talking about getting the PP going .

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im already there and have been for a while. His whole game is PP points and has little to offer other than that.When you say rise up i have to assume you are only talking about getting the PP going .
Also you have to add in the factor that we only have somewhat of a top line. You shut down G's line we have no other pure scorers besides Simmer and he's playing on a pretty shitty line to. Schenn doesn't contribute much 5 on 5.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, Giroux can be a lot better than he has been of late. During our ten game winning streak just two months ago, he was a god among mortals in comparison to now. 12 points and a +10 with 7 of those points not on the power play.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, there's a reason why Jordan Weal comes straight up from the Ahl and immediately looks like one of our best offensive threats. Why? His Phantoms have been lighting it up and he was basically leading the charge. He's confident, while the rest of the Flyers are tight.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Giroux can be a lot better than he has been of late. During our ten game winning streak just two months ago, he was a god among mortals in comparison to now. 12 points and a +10 with 7 of those points not on the power play.
I dont think you are but i hope you are right.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Simmer becomes captain of this team is if Gee gets traded which i personally wouldn't mind seeing.

I said it before, He just seems to be a my stats guy.
I like him, he is a good face for the team, but he is no team leader.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is good for the team, but he is not a leader.
After that one game and he answered 4 out of 5 questions with, 'I don't know' that just isn't leader worthy.....IMO

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this rate ts looks like a rebuild will last 4 to 5 years. SMH

God I hope not, There is a lot of talent around this team, should have picked up a better coach, not sure Haks can teach at this level. Hopefully I'm wrong and things gel quicker than anticipated for this team.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. And it's not just G. That's the easy blame. There are plenty of vets on this team. I think are biggest problem is we've had too many coaches in the last 5-6 years. Hard to get a solid rebuild with new systems all the time. Again though how long is our rebuild going to last?

Agree

Ride this season out,and with all the changes we're bound to have next year,that is the time to change the coach,if need be.

IMO, Hakstol is not the right guy for the job.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pout:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess at this point chasing the playoffs is a waste of time. This team runs on too many inconsistencies to make a dent even if they did sneak in. If Hakstol is worth anything as a coach he should start seeing what will work for this team as far getting some kind of chemistry working, even if it's to carry over into next year. Also all of the dead weight needs to go, trade what you can now for a possible gem and bring in new blood at camp time. Let's work on a future because this isn't working. Unfortunately I think we end up with another new coach to.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Jordan Weal will be out now with an upper body injury :L

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers sit in 18th in the league this morning.

3 games ahead of a hot Florida team (1 point back)
2 games ahead of a better LA team (1 point back)
2 games ahead of a better TB team (4 points back)

Not that unrealistic that they could have a top 10 pick this season. Probably not top 5 (barring a lottery win) because the teams at the bottom really suck.

Outside of Patrick and Heschier though this draft seems super weak.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so cause again we carry the play and Boom! Down 2-0!
Such bull shit that these guys suck so bad. Guys taking cheap shots at Manning all night and nobody does anything. I want Jake Simmer Prov and everyone else gone ASAP.