• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Just got a facebook message from my HS class president mentioning we are having our 25th reunion. Lol. Damn I'm getting old. The years are flying. The same will be for you young folks here.

As everyone else has already said. You are young, I'll be doing 40th HS next year.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christ the PP has got to take advantage of the opportunities.
Refs will try to balance out in 2nd,as they normally ,like to stick it to them

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As everyone else has already said. You are young, I'll be doing 40th HS next year.

10 is this year for me :)

I thought a lot of you were much younger than you are if it makes you feel better!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the first period and then my cable went out. I am glad I missed that game as I was livid after the 5 minute major and the 5 on 3 and we did nothing.

Yea luckily I had it DVR'd and was able to skip a lot of the crappy play. Yea I had a feeling that when we couldn't take advantage of that 5 min PP and then a 5-3 on top of it was going to be one of those games.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the first period and then my cable went out. I am glad I missed that game as I was livid after the 5 minute major and the 5 on 3 and we did nothing.

I friggin missed the game because it was on so late.....
Looked at the box score, WTF happened last night?????????

Shit sake they even have Neuvy hit up for a penalty!!!!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go with Schenn as scoring our goal tonight (note - I deliberately left out 1st before goal). Then again, I have Talbot in the fantasy league, so 5-6 would not surprise me.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much you can say.

We played pretty well 5 on 5, but our dynamic special teams completely wasted a glorious opportunity with the full five minute man advantage, two full minutes of which were a two man advantage. Really, truly fucking hard to believe.

How are we getting outnumbered on the boards during a puck battle while on a five minute power play? There's just no fucking excuse for that shit. We should've been up 3-1 through one period, 2-1 at the absolute worst. Then it's a totally different game.

I don't know if we even want the playoffs or not, because we're playing our way out of them in a hurry.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go with Schenn as scoring our goal tonight (note - I deliberately left out 1st before goal). Then again, I have Talbot in the fantasy league, so 5-6 would not surprise me.
If we do score a goal ill take Read.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much you can say.

We played pretty well 5 on 5, but our dynamic special teams completely wasted a glorious opportunity with the full five minute man advantage, two full minutes of which were a two man advantage. Really, truly fucking hard to believe.

There's just no fucking excuse for that shit. We should've been up 3-1 through one period...at worst. Then it's a totally different game.

I don't know if we want the playoffs or not, because we're playing our way out of them in a hurry.
The first three minutes of that 5 minute major we couldn't even set up in their zone. As soon as we crossed the blue line they had it and sent it back down and then of course we glide back to the puck and lazily skate it up the ice.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I friggin missed the game because it was on so late.....
Looked at the box score, WTF happened last night?????????

Shit sake they even have Neuvy hit up for a penalty!!!!

You were better off sleeping.
This team has no leadership in the locker room and needs to be broken up in the worst way.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first three minutes of that 5 minute major we couldn't even set up in their zone. As soon as we crossed the blue line they had it and sent it back down and then of course we glide back to the puck and lazily skate it up the ice.

It's a fucking disgrace. I'm embarrassed. We have so much skill on that top unit and we can't even gain the fucking zone, let alone even get a shot on net.

The power play is supposed to be our one true strength and we looked like a bunch of fucking scrubs out there throughout it. I would've rather played 5 on 5 for that stretch as we were dominating early.

Not enough of a push late in the third when down by only a goal either. We had them in trouble many times in this game and let them off the hook every time.

Last edited:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has no leadership in the locker room and needs to be broken up in the worst way.

I said it before I'll say it again......

Simmer for the C

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. And it's not just G. That's the easy blame. There are plenty of vets on this team. I think are biggest problem is we've had too many coaches in the last 5-6 years. Hard to get a solid rebuild with new systems all the time. Again though how long is our rebuild going to last?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. And it's not just G. That's the easy blame. There are plenty of vets on this team. I think are biggest problem is we've had too many coaches in the last 5-6 years. Hard to get a solid rebuild with new systems all the time. Again though how long is our rebuild going to last?
At this rate ts looks like a rebuild will last 4 to 5 years. SMH