• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2017 Chicago White Sox Thread

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, Jerry Reinsdorf is in the hall of fame being presented by Phil Jackson and Scottie Pippen...

so what? is it nothing but awards that does it for you? i suppose you think guillen was a great manager because the sox won in '05 too? awards themselves have nothing to do with talent. in reihnsdork's case, nothing to do with the teams he owned when they were successful.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You earn loyalty through shared success.

WRONG! this is exactly what's wrong with loyalty. it so easily misplaced. the loyalty guillen and KW got because of '05's success gave us over ten years of garbage! KW destroyed our whole minor league system! are you freaking blind? the loyalty ventura got because he was a good 'PLAYER' got us the worst manager in baseball (possibly ever!) for 5 years!

the more you add to this conversation the more ridiculous you look.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG! this is exactly what's wrong with loyalty. it so easily misplaced. the loyalty guillen and KW got because of '05's success gave us over ten years of garbage! KW destroyed our whole minor league system! are you freaking blind? the loyalty ventura got because he was a good 'PLAYER' got us the worst manager in baseball (possibly ever!) for 5 years!

the more you add to this conversation the more ridiculous you look.

You can be loyal to a fault as with any trait

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what? is it nothing but awards that does it for you? i suppose you think guillen was a great manager because the sox won in '05 too? awards themselves have nothing to do with talent. in reihnsdork's case, nothing to do with the teams he owned when they were successful.
That's your opinion and you are welcome to it. Add it to the other 10 million or so "I hate our owner" posts on sports forums and enjoy company with your misery

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to my original point, I'm a big believer in pitching. At face value (despite all 3 being horrible for us upon retrospect), I much prefer moves like Jaime Navarro or David Wells vs. Albert Belle, despite the latter probably being the most "hyped." One of the biggest reasons the Sox were so good in the 2000s (good as in relatively competitive most years) is one guy, honestly. Buehrle. When any semblance of pitching was provided around him, we competed. In 2005 our rotation was nuts around him and we had Jenks out of the pen, so there we were. This is why losing Sale is so dumb. Pitching wins. If you have a guy that anchors like that, just round it out and, well, you won't be some sh*t 60 win team. You might not hit 90, but you won't be 60. Then you work from there to tweak the pieces.

We f*cked up royal. But hey, you believe in us in the next few years idseer. Or do you? Not sure since you think we're screwed because of Reinsdorf. Hmmm...Perhaps you are the true doomsayer? Thanks for giving me zero hope. You were my last bastion man. Now it's over...Into the pit of despair.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your opinion and you are welcome to it. Add it to the other 10 million or so "I hate our owner" posts on sports forums and enjoy company with your misery
misery? a little strong i think. discontent would be the better word here. and just because every fan might complain about their team's owner's doesn't make them wrong. i have proof on my side. you got nothing!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to my original point, I'm a big believer in pitching. At face value (despite all 3 being horrible for us upon retrospect), I much prefer moves like Jaime Navarro or David Wells vs. Albert Belle, despite the latter probably being the most "hyped." One of the biggest reasons the Sox were so good in the 2000s (good as in relatively competitive most years) is one guy, honestly. Buehrle. When any semblance of pitching was provided around him, we competed. In 2005 our rotation was nuts around him and we had Jenks out of the pen, so there we were. This is why losing Sale is so dumb. Pitching wins. If you have a guy that anchors like that, just round it out and, well, you won't be some sh*t 60 win team. You might not hit 90, but you won't be 60. Then you work from there to tweak the pieces.

We f*cked up royal. But hey, you believe in us in the next few years idseer. Or do you? Not sure since you think we're screwed because of Reinsdorf. Hmmm...Perhaps you are the true doomsayer? Thanks for giving me zero hope. You were my last bastion man. Now it's over...Into the pit of despair.

i believe that as long as reinsdork owns the team that only luck will get us anywhere. could i be any clearer?

you never got it. you're mad because they didn't take advantage of having sale. i've been trying to explain to you that they didn't know HOW to do that. they aren't baseball smart. that is why sale had to go, in hopes of starting over and fortune doing for us what the idiots in charge can't! your method of doing the same stupid thing year after year with sale on the team wouldn't work.
you look back, i look forward. your way couldn't work, mine may.
so .... back to your pit.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe that as long as reinsdork owns the team that only luck will get us anywhere. could i be any clearer?

you never got it. you're mad because they didn't take advantage of having sale. i've been trying to explain to you that they didn't know HOW to do that. they aren't baseball smart. that is why sale had to go, in hopes of starting over and fortune doing for us what the idiots in charge can't! your method of doing the same stupid thing year after year with sale on the team wouldn't work.
you look back, i look forward. your way couldn't work, mine may.
so .... back to your pit.

e91cd232d8afcbd0c200f0fd9af0cf3f.gif

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
misery? a little strong i think. discontent would be the better word here. and just because every fan might complain about their team's owner's doesn't make them wrong. i have proof on my side. you got nothing!

Not really. Some guy who is just like "ONLY CHANCE WE HAVE IS LUCKBOX GUIZE" is pretty much in misery category.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna trigger idseer now:

Jerry Reinsdorf: 'I'm not loyal to people who don't deserve it'

"I try to be loyal only to people who deserve the loyalty," he said while addressing Markour during the trade publication's Intersport Brand Engagement Summit at the Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago. "I hope I'm not loyal to people who don't deserve it. We try to run this place like a family business. In our employee manual, people are directed to call everybody by their first names, no Mr. or Mrs. We want everybody to feel free to talk to everybody and go into any office to talk, any time they want. When you do that, you get good people, you get people who like their jobs.

"So the fact that somebody might be here 25 years is not because I'm loyal, it's because that person is doing a good job and enjoys the work environment."

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna trigger idseer now:

Jerry Reinsdorf: 'I'm not loyal to people who don't deserve it'

"I try to be loyal only to people who deserve the loyalty," he said while addressing Markour during the trade publication's Intersport Brand Engagement Summit at the Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago. "I hope I'm not loyal to people who don't deserve it. We try to run this place like a family business. In our employee manual, people are directed to call everybody by their first names, no Mr. or Mrs. We want everybody to feel free to talk to everybody and go into any office to talk, any time they want. When you do that, you get good people, you get people who like their jobs.

"So the fact that somebody might be here 25 years is not because I'm loyal, it's because that person is doing a good job and enjoys the work environment."
yeah ... and kw and rv did such great jobs.

what a waste of post.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah ... and kw and rv did such great jobs.

what a waste of post.

Ozzie was the best coaching move ever, though. Well, until he went all crazy politico. F*cking guy won a world series AND called Jay Mariotti a fag to the press.

That's the kind of sh*t that I dreamed of as a pre-2005 White Sox fan. Like seriously, if I found a f*cking genie in a bottle and had 3 wishes in 2004, it is highly probable that one of my wishes would have been a White Sox World Series while publicly humiliating Jay Mariotti. So you get your good with your bad...I know...I know...Luckbox. You don't have to say it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F*cking guy won a world series AND called Jay Mariotti a fag to the press.

Lol... That's awesome. I love Ozzie. I don't care.

Those was fun times.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozzie was the best coaching move ever, though. Well, until he went all crazy politico. F*cking guy won a world series AND called Jay Mariotti a fag to the press.

That's the kind of sh*t that I dreamed of as a pre-2005 White Sox fan. Like seriously, if I found a f*cking genie in a bottle and had 3 wishes in 2004, it is highly probable that one of my wishes would have been a White Sox World Series while publicly humiliating Jay Mariotti. So you get your good with your bad...I know...I know...Luckbox. You don't have to say it.

i can't deny everything worked out in '05 ... even tho oz did try to blow it near the end

still and all .... kinda far from the original discussion, isnt it? (remember? the sale thing?)

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't deny everything worked out in '05 ... even tho oz did try to blow it near the end

still and all .... kinda far from the original discussion, isnt it? (remember? the sale thing?)

We're in a holding pattern on sale until he either gets lit up or dominates tonight...THEN AND ONLY THEN SHALL THE UPPER HAND BE DELIVERED.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're in a holding pattern on sale until he either gets lit up or dominates tonight...THEN AND ONLY THEN SHALL THE UPPER HAND BE DELIVERED.
geez! tonight's game determines NOTHING! wow you can be THICK!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geez! tonight's game determines NOTHING! wow you can be THICK!

One man's "it doesn't matter" is another man's "I'm right and now you're my little b*tch puppy dog for the rest of time"

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gee! you got awful quiet there, jiddy. hehe wonder why???

Last edited: