• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 10000 posts for a Husker Conference Championship Thread

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34 Days to Husker Football

54aebccb24357.image.jpg

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is the first Nebraska game I ever watched on TV from start to finish.
yep me an my brother was preparing fer the winter cuttin wood on our farm

the game was on in our basement black and white tv set

we would dip in ta watch a few times

great times it was

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is the first Nebraska game I ever watched on TV from start to finish.

'71 Nebraska @ Oklahoma was mine. Thanksgiving Day with a house full of relatives. It was nuts.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was too busy being a delinquent hood rat to watch that one.

Not sure I'd have watched it if it weren't Thanksgiving Day with grandparents, aunts/uncles, and cousins over for dinner.
I'd only lived in Nebraska 2 years at the time. I'd lived in Florida and California my first 7 years. Any other Saturday I'd been outside with my buddies riding bikes, shooting bb guns, hanging out at the creek, or something of the sort. I do remember seeing 'parts' of the Orange Bowl win over LSU the previous season. I remember Tagge holding the ball over the goal line for the TD and becoming a hero that day.
The '71 win @ Oklahoma made me a Nebraska fan forever. From that day on if they weren't on TV (which wasn't often in the pre-cable 70's) then my buddies and I would listen to them from start to finish on our AM transistor radios.
Not only was it my first full Nebraska football game, it was kind of my introduction to Lyell Bremser. My dad would have the games on TV with the volume down and Lyell blasting on the radio.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, I am watching Inglorious Bastards. Have any of you ever seen it?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is the second or third time I've watched it, I'm not too crazy about it however there are a few good scenes like what you said.

I do want to see Quentin Tarantino's new film but his last movie "hateful eight" was garbage in my opinion

cavecookie

Pickin' and Grinnin'!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'd have watched it if it weren't Thanksgiving Day with grandparents, aunts/uncles, and cousins over for dinner.
I'd only lived in Nebraska 2 years at the time. I'd lived in Florida and California my first 7 years. Any other Saturday I'd been outside with my buddies riding bikes, shooting bb guns, hanging out at the creek, or something of the sort. I do remember seeing 'parts' of the Orange Bowl win over LSU the previous season. I remember Tagge holding the ball over the goal line for the TD and becoming a hero that day.
The '71 win @ Oklahoma made me a Nebraska fan forever. From that day on if they weren't on TV (which wasn't often in the pre-cable 70's) then my buddies and I would listen to them from start to finish on our AM transistor radios.
Not only was it my first full Nebraska football game, it was kind of my introduction to Lyell Bremser. My dad would have the games on TV with the volume down and Lyell blasting on the radio.
Almost my story exactly. I wasn't living in Nebraska then, but was in Boulder. Us old farts remember that year...Big 8 had the top 3 teams in the nation, so I was right in the middle of the hype. Huge build-up even before the season started. Before that year, I was more into NFL, and didn't pay much attention to college foosball. My folks were from Nebraska, so they sorta followed the Huskers. Back in those days, I might get to see two or maybe three Husker games on TV, so, I didn't see much in the way of college ball. That day, mom's folks were down from western NE for the Holiday, and the game and long weekend. Planned dinner for halftime, and made quite an event out of it. HOLY MOLEY...What a game! I also became a Husker fan, and have been from that day to this.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost my story exactly. I wasn't living in Nebraska then, but was in Boulder. Us old farts remember that year...Big 8 had the top 3 teams in the nation, so I was right in the middle of the hype. Huge build-up even before the season started. Before that year, I was more into NFL, and didn't pay much attention to college foosball. My folks were from Nebraska, so they sorta followed the Huskers. Back in those days, I might get to see two or maybe three Husker games on TV, so, I didn't see much in the way of college ball. That day, mom's folks were down from western NE for the Holiday, and the game and long weekend. Planned dinner for halftime, and made quite an event out of it. HOLY MOLEY...What a game! I also became a Husker fan, and have been from that day to this.

Same here. Having lived in California I was more into NFL. I was a Rams fan, and Roman Gabriel was my favorite player. I eventually switched to the KC Chiefs because they drafted Kinney, and my dad would take us to occasional games down there.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
33 Days to Husker Football

55b3e4f9aa73a.image.jpg

cavecookie

Pickin' and Grinnin'!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. Having lived in California I was more into NFL. I was a Rams fan, and Roman Gabriel was my favorite player. I eventually switched to the KC Chiefs because they drafted Kinney, and my dad would take us to occasional games down there.
I was a Raiders fan. Loved Stabler and the old man, George Blanda. Always looked forward to the Raiders/Chiefs games back then. They had a real blood feud going in those days and played some pretty rough games.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel bad for kids these days who don't have the memories of listening to Husker games on the radio while outside replaying the game with a football by yourself in the backyard on an autumn afternoon.

G.D. millennials