• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 10000 posts for a Husker Conference Championship Thread

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and if you want more posts. i can post stupid random news articles and comment away on them.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and shit like this: Water meant for Puerto Rican hurricane victims dumped on farmland

there is a part of me that really wants to know how i could apply and move up the ladder of a disaster recovery organization. I know how to get shit done and wouldn't let stuff like this go to waste. i just don't understand where any of the money went for Puerto Rico when we are still talking two years later and hardly anything done. the last statement about 6 govt officials embezzling $15M, seriously, i hate people.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My parents had the old school stereo system with the tuner dial, the
From May 15th - July 9th (55 days), we had 500 plorsts or 9 PPD on average.

From July 9th - today (20 days) we've had 267 plorsts or 13 PPD on average.

At current pace we'll be at appx 8700 plorsts for the Husker's first game of 2019.

At current pace we'll be at appx 9000 plorsts for opening of conference play Sept 21st @ Illinois.

At current pace we'll hit 10,000 plorsts on appx Dec 9th.

To get to 10,000 plorsts before the Buckeyes come to town on Sept 28th (61 days) we'll need another 1733, which is appx 28 PPD.

maxresdefault.jpg

Jesus. Get a job, man.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, this is an idea I was thinking about starting a new thread for, but considering that this is for the championship, I'll just work from here!
A couple of weeks ago, there were some comments about Chris Stapleton(BTW, how was the show, as if I have to ask...I know it was FANTASTIC!), and I got thinking about musical tastes, and how they change through the course of my life, and am interested to know what you guys and gals have to say. What are yall's top 5 musicians, bands, albums, etc. and how much have they changed from, say, the age of 20? I pick the age 20 because that was a turning point for me. This was the late 70s, and was in college, and was being exposed to a LOT of different kinds of music, and that's when I started getting away from radio noise, and delving into the roots, instead. Now, 40 years later, I'm STILL listening to that same music I "discovered" back then, and never get tired of it. It's just about impossible to pick just 5, but this is today's list for me.
Top of the list is some "brand new" music, from mid 2000s- The Steeldrivers, with Mr. Stapleton. I am a huge Bluegrass fan, so that's the good stuff. And to keep the list at 5, I'm gonna cheat and add all the usual Bluegrass names here with The Steeldrivers.
Allman Bros...Greatest band that ever was or ever will be. It is not open to discussion or debate! And, again, I'm going to cheat and include Warren Haynes, and Derrek Trucks with them. These guys really understood the Blues, and knew how to put themselves into the music. Haynes and Trucks are still rocking, but the rest of the surviving ABB are retired.
JJ Cale...I'm a sucker for great songwriting, and JJ was one of the best. He had this very unique style of playing the guitar...Very intense, but relaxed at the same time. He did an album with Eric Clapton in 2006 that I had been waiting for for 30 years; "Road to Escondido"
Warren Zevon...Another GREAT songwriter. This was one of those people who just bear their souls when they write. Rather dark and cynical, but some his lyrics just give me goosebumps. He also had a talent for attracting the best musicians to play with him and cover his songs.
Stevie Ray Vaughn...'Nuff said.
Of course, there many others, but this is already long enough.
All of these except for the Steeldrivers are people I have been listening to for decades. I certainly listen to lots of other things, but this is what I consider "My music"!
So, have at!

Words. So many words.

tenor.gif

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, maybe. probably have threads specific to football, so not sure how much the pace will pickup here. i'll just post more BS about my life.

Oh for the love of God

source.gif

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just keep politics out of here. unless you want to struggle to hear the truth and end up blocking me
did that one count as political? I don't do politics. i run away from those convos faster than i do from diet plans.

i guess the other was somewhat political with the comment about govt officials embezzling money, but both were more about just how i hate people in general.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of ozigbo in that them highlights. sure hope one of these new guys can replace him.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know football season close! My son is at 2 a days for band for his high school and he a senior!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of ozigbo in that them highlights. sure hope one of these new guys can replace him.

Yeah, he made some nice plays. However, RB is actually one of my least concerns.
Ozigbo only came to life once in Frost's system. Even then he didn't get drafted. It's not like he played behind great talent his Fr, So, Jr, seasons.
Terrell Newby - Undrafted free agent cut Sept 1st. Played 2 months in AAF.
Imani Cross - Undrafted. Played for Omaha Beef
I have read where some think he was the RB steal of the draft and that he'll make the Saint's roster. We shall see.

As a talented dual threat, Martinez has to be respected. Martinez also executes Frost's zone read as good as Frost could probably expect. I think any average RB will make big plays in this offense as long as they know where they're supposed to be.

Last edited:

cavecookie

Pickin' and Grinnin'!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm going to have to go out of my way and actually find this stuff. i've probably heard it on the radio but not realized it was them.
Yeah, it was longer than I meant, but I am hoping this subject has some legs...remember, it's for the championship!!
So, here's some examples.
This is my favorite Stapleton song.
I'm sure you have heard JJ Cale songs, but just didn't know he was the writwer. Clapton had big hits with "Cocaine", and "After Midnight", And this one here was covered by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Warren Zevon was the guy who did "Werewolves of London", "Lawyers, Guns and Money", and "Excitable Boy". Linda Ronstadt also covered some of his work, like this one.

On the subject of Queen, I just learned recently that Brian May holds a doctorate in astrophysics. Actually does work with NASA. What a true Renaissance man! You may call him Doctor!

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning Huskers fans! Last day before fall camp starts.