• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official: 10,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup! (.. eventually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played a fairly sloppy game with his rebounds and managed to somehow get away with it. It still goes down as a loss. Mason beat St. Louis handily. I can't get over the wide difference in their respective stats regardless.

Steve Mason beat the Blues handily because Ryan Miller wasn't as good that day - he was way better last night - Flyers were still pretty solid regardless, and both teams were sloppy - it wasn't just the Flyers - the ice wasn't that great as the game went on, both teams had trouble with pucks bouncing etc

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm fine w/ wanting mason to start over emery. i am. thats what i want too. but there's literally nothing more emery could've done last night. you literally could've built a brick wall and installed it in front of the flyers net, which, would be a better way of stopping pucks than steve mason, and the flyers still wouldn't have won the game.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks to me like the Flyers need 6 points in their last 7 games to clinch a playoff spot. I won't say more than that for fear of jinxing them...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm fine w/ wanting mason to start over emery. i am. thats what i want too. but there's literally nothing more emery could've done last night. you literally could've built a brick wall and installed it in front of the flyers net, which, would be a better way of stopping pucks than steve mason, and the flyers still wouldn't have won the game.

This is part of why Mason is so much better than Emery. We flat out score a lot more goals with Mason in net than Emery. It's not even close. I could dig up stats to back it up, but it'd take forever. If you go back through and look at their games, it quickly becomes evident.

That can't just be some very strange coincidence. The team simply just doesn't produce goals with Emery in net and that puts a lot of pressure on him to stop them all.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish our shootout record was 6-4 instead of 3-7, then we'd basically have a top three spot clinched, a leg up on the NYR for the second spot and this game tonight wouldn't matter half as much.

Instead, it's almost like a must-win or the Jackets sit two points back and within striking distance as we head to Boston.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is part of why Mason is so much better than Emery. We flat out score a lot more goals with Mason in net than Emery. It's not even close. I could dig up stats to back it up, but it'd take forever. If you go back through and look at their games, it quickly becomes evident.

That can't just be some very strange coincidence. The team simply just doesn't produce goals with Emery in net and that puts a lot of pressure on him to stop them all.

that's not on emery though. that's on the players. there's no legitimate way to blame the goalie for the team not scoring goals.

team-wide, sure, its a reason to start mason over emery, but there are many reasons to start mason over emery. but you can't blame a loss on a goalie that pitched a shutout.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's not on emery though. that's on the players. there's no legitimate way to blame the goalie for the team not scoring goals.

team-wide, sure, its a reason to start mason over emery, but there are many reasons to start mason over emery. but you can't blame a loss on a goalie that pitched a shutout.

Not agreeing or disagreeing, just want to point out that a team's confidence in their goalie does have some effect on how they play in front of him. When you feel like you have a rock back there, you tend to gamble offensively a bit more. When you're feeling less sure about the goaltending, you tend to cheat a bit more defensively. This may or may not be the case here.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not agreeing or disagreeing, just want to point out that a team's confidence in their goalie does have some effect on how they play in front of him. When you feel like you have a rock back there, you tend to gamble offensively a bit more. When you're feeling less sure about the goaltending, you tend to cheat a bit more defensively. This may or may not be the case here.

I do agree with this, it wasn't Ray Emery's fault the last couple of times he's lost but in general there is a bit of difference when the two are in net, they seem more aggressive offensively when Steve Mason's in net, but that doesn't mean it's Ray Emery's fault when they lose

It's about finding the right balance - I think Ray Emery has played better lately and has given them better chances to win but I would like to see Steve Mason continue to get the bulk of the playing time - hopefully the practice time he's been getting will help him get sharper like it's been doing all season

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya, i'm not arguing for emery over mason. i'm picking mason 90% of the time now.

all i'm saying is emery deserves a little respect for shutting out the blues and i feel like he's not getting it on here, he's just getting the blame for only getting 1 point instead of 2, which shouldn't be the case. i dont even think it's arguable, the fault for not getting 2 points lies 100% with the skaters.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya, i'm not arguing for emery over mason. i'm picking mason 90% of the time now.

all i'm saying is emery deserves a little respect for shutting out the blues and i feel like he's not getting it on here, he's just getting the blame for only getting 1 point instead of 2, which shouldn't be the case. i dont even think it's arguable, the fault for not getting 2 points lies 100% with the skaters.

I thought Emery played a great game the other day and was a major reason why we even got a point. With Berube choices sometimes make me scratch my head. I want Mase in net tonight and get ready for playoffs by not giving up a softie per game like he has been, Mase is our chance to go deep into the playoffs without him we are one and done.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Union in our Frozen 4 pool. who does everyone else like?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Union in our Frozen 4 pool. who does everyone else like?

"There will be 29 total NHL Draft picks on the rosters of the two teams playing in the late game. North Dakota has 15 and Minnesota has 14.

Comparatively, Union has just one -- Shayne Gostisbehere. The Dutchmen's opponent, BC, has 10."

Status
Not open for further replies.