• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official: 10,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup! (.. eventually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way that everyone minus Boston is struggling in the Atlantic, I feel it's still a very real possibility that five teams from the Metro get in. If this happens, I don't see us not making it as the Canes and Caps look about done.

Either way, the home and home this weekend is going to go a long way toward deciding who plays who in round one.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way that everyone minus Boston is struggling in the Atlantic, I feel it's still a very real possibility that five teams from the Metro get in. If this happens, I don't see us not making it as the Canes and Caps look about done.

Either way, the home and home this weekend is going to go a long way toward deciding who plays who in round one.

i love playing the penguins.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love playing the penguins.

Well, if we grab the second wild card and the Pens take the top seed or we grab the first wild card and the Bruins take the top seed, this home and home will be a preview of a round one matchup.

However, if we beat the Pens now, it is less likely that we'll see them in round one.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if we grab the second wild card and the Pens take the top seed or we grab the first wild card and the Bruins take the top seed, this home and home will be a preview of a round one matchup.

However, if we beat the Pens now, it is less likely that we'll see them in round one.

thats ok, i'm just excited for this weekend because i love playing them haha.. i hope it gets good and nasty saturday so sunday is just utter chaos

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats ok, i'm just excited for this weekend because i love playing them haha.. i hope it gets good and nasty saturday so sunday is just utter chaos

I just hope we have some experienced officials on the ice this weekend or this will just be a special teams competition and we're likely to lose that battle. You have to let two huge rivals like this just play the game.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we have some experienced officials on the ice this weekend or this will just be a special teams competition and we're likely to lose that battle. You have to let two huge rivals like this just play the game.

ideally playoff fleury comes out for the weekend.. Five-goal Fleury is my favorite fleury

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets go Flyers kick some Penguin ass and please Gee make Crosby look stupid of the opening face off again

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ideally playoff fleury comes out for the weekend.. Five-goal Fleury is my favorite fleury

Which just reminds me again that I'm carrying both Fleury and Mason on my fantasy squad, so I'm not going to know what the fuck to do this weekend. I'm glad I have the top seed locked up and it's meaningless.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which just reminds me again that I'm carrying both Fleury and Mason on my fantasy squad, so I'm not going to know what the fuck to do this weekend. I'm glad I have the top seed locked up and it's meaningless.

penguins on your team :tsk:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
penguins on your team :tsk:

Well, if fantasy hockey extended into the playoffs, I'd have never taken Fleury. He is leading the league in wins among goalies and his other stats are solid too. Otherwise, fuck him after April 13th...lol

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if fantasy hockey extended into the playoffs, I'd have never taken Fleury. He is leading the league in wins among goalies and his other stats are solid too But otherwise, fuck him after April 13th...lol

and this weekend. :nod:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
today's interesting tid bit (via downgoesbrown)

if the season ended today, the flyers would play in the atlantic division playoffs because the bruins would be the 1 seed and the lowest wild card (flyers currently) goes to the division with the highest seed.

so it would be:

"Atlantic Divsion Playoffs"
Flyers/Bruins
Bolts/Leafs

"Metro Division Playoffs"
Habs/Pens
Rags/BJs

winners of those pairs play each other, and winners of the 'divisional playoffs' play in the conference final

i either didn't know that, or didn't remember that's how they were doing the playoffs now

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
today's interesting tid bit (via downgoesbrown)

if the season ended today, the flyers would play in the atlantic division playoffs because the bruins would be the 1 seed and the lowest wild card (flyers currently) goes to the division with the highest seed.

so it would be:

"Atlantic Divsion Playoffs"
Flyers/Bruins
Bolts/Leafs

"Metro Division Playoffs"
Habs/Pens
Rags/BJs

winners of those pairs play each other, and winners of the 'divisional playoffs' play in the conference final

i either didn't know that, or didn't remember that's how they were doing the playoffs now

I never thought of that either, but that'd be interesting to say the least

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought of that either, but that'd be interesting to say the least

ya.. kinda bizarre way of doing the playoffs, but DGB said he checked with the NHL a few months ago and that's correct.

i actually think i want the flyers to stay in the metro for the playoffs.. aka get a top 3 seed in the metro..

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya.. kinda bizarre way of doing the playoffs, but DGB said he checked with the NHL a few months ago and that's correct.

i actually think i want the flyers to stay in the metro for the playoffs.. aka get a top 3 seed in the metro..

The advantage to being in the Atlantic for the playoffs is that if they do get past Boston, the path would probably be a little easier - but I agree, I'd rather them finish top three in the Metro

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The advantage to being in the Atlantic for the playoffs is that if they do get past Boston, the path would probably be a little easier - but I agree, I'd rather them finish top three in the Metro

ya.. i mean i expect boston to come out of the atlantic regardless, but they're the team i really want to avoid if possible

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't want to have to use the last wild card to get in because I fully expect Boston to be the top seed in the east. We'd gladly battle them in the conference finals, but we don't want them in round one and for that matter, they probably don't want us either.

Status
Not open for further replies.