• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Not-Too-Early-Any-More 2014 Free Agency Thread

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Whom do you want? Whom do you want to walk?

Like I said in another thread: the #1 guy I want is Alex Mack. That OL would be friggn' suhweeeeet!!!

Antonio Cromartie will almost definitely be cut due to cap reasons, and he's the #2 guy I want. One of the most underrated corners in the NFL IMO.

Is there anyone who wants a guy like BJ Raji? I personally wouldn't want to spend that kind of money on a NT when the Niners have a pretty good one in Dorsey & Ian will be back. I don't think there's any way he hits URFA, but maybe some people here would want him.

One guy I'd love to have is Antrel Rolle if he gets cut for cap reasons. Obviously it would depend on who else the Niners sign.

I'd love to get Everson Griffen if he isn't too expensive. He could compete with Tank for snaps at DE. In fact, I'd sign him to a 5 or 6 year deal; that's how much I like him. But the big question is how much?

Tedd Ginn JR? Yes please. I'll spare you the "Baby come back" youtube link this time.

Anquan Boldin? You too. Come on back please!

...this & draft either Marqise Lee or Bradley Roby & I'd be pretty happy.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Switch Roby or Lee with Landry or Beckham and I'm with you

You think the LSU WRs will be better than Lee? Or are you just advocating the drafting of those two because they'll be around later in the draft than Lee?

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chances are, the 49ers won't be a player in any of the medium to large ticket players... This off season will be a lot like last season, low-key signings and draft fillers...

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the NinerSickness we all love. Am i the only Kelvin Benjamin fan? Cromartie would be great but for how much? Also i don't see anyway niners let Boldin walk he knows he's not gonna get big money so why not stay.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hmmm... I hadn't really considered Benjamin. I thought he was going back to school for some reason. I'll have to give him some more consideration.

But at this point, the only 2 receivers I really want would be Lee or Watkins. The Niners need a deep threat to play flanker IMO, and those 2 guys are burners.

I like Moncrief later in the draft, but I see him as more of a Patton kind of guy.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on the price tag, I would love to see the Niners go after Hester. I don't think he would demand too much money and he would be a huge upgrade in the return game.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't touch Raji with a ten foot pole that's stuck up Toby's ass. No thanks.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whom do you want? Whom do you want to walk?

Like I said in another thread: the #1 guy I want is Alex Mack. That OL would be friggn' suhweeeeet!!!

Antonio Cromartie will almost definitely be cut due to cap reasons, and he's the #2 guy I want. One of the most underrated corners in the NFL IMO.

Is there anyone who wants a guy like BJ Raji? I personally wouldn't want to spend that kind of money on a NT when the Niners have a pretty good one in Dorsey & Ian will be back. I don't think there's any way he hits URFA, but maybe some people here would want him.

One guy I'd love to have is Antrel Rolle if he gets cut for cap reasons. Obviously it would depend on who else the Niners sign.

I'd love to get Everson Griffen if he isn't too expensive. He could compete with Tank for snaps at DE. In fact, I'd sign him to a 5 or 6 year deal; that's how much I like him. But the big question is how much?

Tedd Ginn JR? Yes please. I'll spare you the "Baby come back" youtube link this time.

Anquan Boldin? You too. Come on back please!

...this & draft either Marqise Lee or Bradley Roby & I'd be pretty happy.

I'm down for Alex Mack if we can afford him. I'm a fan of griffin, but not for what he will be asking.

I'm interested in bringing in Hakeem Nicks for a look. He's probably asking for too much, though.

Rogers is probably gone as well as Brown. The main need is obviously in the secondary at Safety and CB. Unfortunately we will probably be leaning on the draft for those positions this year.

There's no point in having Raji when our NT's only play a low percentage of snaps anyways. It's in our strength to have Aldon, Justin Smith, McDonald, and Ahmad Brooks out on the field. Especially if we want to work Tank and Lemonier in there and continue to stick with the nickel package.

Last edited by a moderator:

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm down for Alex Mack if we can afford him. I'm a fan of griffin, but not for what he will be asking.

I'm interested in bringing in Hakeem Nicks for a look. He's probably asking for too much, though.

Rogers is probably gone as well as Brown. The main need is obviously in the secondary at Safety and CB. Unfortunately we will probably be leaning on the draft for those positions this year.

There's no point in having Raji when our NT's only play a low percentage of snaps anyways. It's in our strength to have Aldon, Justin Smith, McDonald, and Ahmad Brooks out on the field. Especially if we want to work Tank and Lemonier in there and continue to stick with the nickel package.

Not with that ten foot pole when clyde gets done. He is a conceited horses ass. He thinks he is a top tier WR but in rality he gives up way too much on plays. He only plays when he wants. He is a way less talented Randy Moss. During the season every Monday I had to hear Giants fans get pissed at him for his play. and that was if he was healthy.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I gotta say nothing really stood out to me in terms of a major upgrade with the expected cost of the associated possible contracts. I am sure Mack is gonan get 8m per.. Raji will be at similar I expect..

I honestly don't want much spent on these people that I wouldn't see would give us a good r. o. i.

Only flyer would be Britt I think at a Manningham style contract.

I am sure there will be additions to the FA market from what walterfootball.com has coming avail, but just bleh.... just a big ole bleh pile.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on the price tag, I would love to see the Niners go after Hester. I don't think he would demand too much money and he would be a huge upgrade in the return game.

I wouldn't mind that pick up at all. Maybe he could give us a good deal so that he could be on a winning team. If we would of had any kind of return game last game this thread wouldn't exist right now. Ugh.

Other than that I would like Mack but I don't think we could fit him.

Not sure how I feel a out the free agent CB class. None really strike me as must signs. But it's no question we need help there.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think from watching a lot of college football that they will be both better than Lee and available later although it is easily debatable. Beckham also brings explosiveness to the return team. Lee and Landry are a bit more polished than Beckham but I just think Beckham has the highest ceiling. And it's not always easy for me to be complentary of LSU players I feel the same way about LSU as I do about the Seahawks. In order I would rank the receivers Watkins- Evans- Beckham- Landry-Lee - Benjamin. But I know Watkins and Evans will be long gone before the Niners pick. Good chance Lee is gone too.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to extend Aldon and Crabs. Free agent money isn't available folks unless you plan on letting Boldin, Gore, and Dawson walk.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to extend Aldon and Crabs. Free agent money isn't available folks unless you plan on letting Boldin, Gore, and Dawson walk.

Forgot to mention this is AFTER we let Whitner walk. I don't see the coin to even keep him. We gotta use the space to extend guys first. They won't all fit under next year's cap if we have to hand out 4 massive deals then. We gotta front load two this year.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. We have to take care of out own guys first. Only guy I would try for is Hester or ginn. Even they might ask for too much. I can see us addressing the return game via the draft.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to mention this is AFTER we let Whitner walk. I don't see the coin to even keep him. We gotta use the space to extend guys first. They won't all fit under next year's cap if we have to hand out 4 massive deals then. We gotta front load two this year.

Ray, what would you sign Crabs for? I'm hoping he has a good season in 2014 much like 2012.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything, you have or should have Crabtree coming in healthy and closer to 100% than before... not that it was an excuse but building back his stamina/conditioning will be huge once again...

Any other time, I would like Raji here... however, last yr he decline and throw in what num said about not using NT as much therefore I would agree we shouldn't throw cash there(a lot).... Lets see what Ian can do.

Resign our guys first n foremost... other than Mack, there's not a real cant miss FA...