• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Not-Too-Early-Any-More 2014 Free Agency Thread

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything, you have or should have Crabtree coming in healthy and closer to 100% than before... not that it was an excuse but building back his stamina/conditioning will be huge once again...

Any other time, I would like Raji here... however, last yr he decline and throw in what num said about not using NT as much therefore I would agree we shouldn't throw cash there(a lot).... Lets see what Ian can do.

Resign our guys first n foremost... other than Mack, there's not a real cant miss FA...

If Raji is smart he signs with a 43 team so he can play DT and get some pass rush going.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland runs a 34 or 43? I think they have cap room to feed a nation for years...

They run a 43. Raji would fill a need for them and McKenzie should be familiar with him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
We need to extend Aldon and Crabs. Free agent money isn't available folks unless you plan on letting Boldin, Gore, and Dawson walk.

Couldn't disagree more about extending Crabtree's contract, but yes on Aldon. He's the most important player on the team.

And this will depend on what the Niners do with #7.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't disagree more about extending Crabtree's contract, but yes on Aldon. He's the most important player on the team.

And this will depend on what the Niners do with #7.

You trust this personnel department to replace Crabs and Boldin within 2 years via the draft?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You trust this personnel department to replace Crabs and Boldin within 2 years via the draft?

More than I trust 'em to replace other positions of need with the tiny bit of cap room left over after Crabs is signed.

I don't think he brings 10 million dollars worth of value to the team. I think that money could bring a lot more value elsewhere. And he'll get 10 at least; Santonio Holmes did, and that was a few years ago.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than I trust 'em to replace other positions of need with the tiny bit of cap room left over after Crabs is signed.

I don't think he brings 10 million dollars worth of value to the team. I think that money could bring a lot more value elsewhere. And he'll get 10 at least; Santonio Holmes did, and that was a few years ago.

If he wanted 10 then I would look to deal him ASAP. It is not like we will have the room to tag him after next season.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So not only get rid of our qb but take away all the weapons for the next qb. Setting up for complete disaster right there.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to extend Aldon and Crabs. Free agent money isn't available folks unless you plan on letting Boldin, Gore, and Dawson walk.

Gore has to walk and Rogers has to get cut, IMO.
I wouldn't be looking to sign Iupati either, not worth it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm a fan of griffin, but not for what he will be asking.

Unfortunately you're right.

Everson Griffen says no to contract extension offer- "wasn't in the ballpark"

"Vikings DE Everson Griffen says the team has offered him a contract extension but it "wasn't in the ballpark."

Griffen, 25, is in the final year of his rookie contract. LE Brian Robison signed a new four-year deal Wednesday, and Griffen would seem to be the next guy in line for a new contract. With Jared Allen seeming unlikely to re-sign with the Vikings after the season, Griffen could be asked to start opposite Robison in 2014. He's going to need a contract first. Griffen has amassed 13 sacks over the last two-plus seasons. The two sides are still talking, Griffen confirmed
"

I'm still mad the Niners didn't draft him. I was screaming for him and / or for Jimmy Graham and / or Mike Wallace in that draft. :( Would've been a lot nicer seeing Griffen take the snaps that went to Dobbs the last couple of seasons.

Oh well. Maybe Dominique Easley tumbles way down the draft board...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore has to walk and Rogers has to get cut, IMO.
I wouldn't be looking to sign Iupati either, not worth it.

I think Iupati is a goner when his deal is up.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
After news that Red Bryant is due to make 8.5 million next season, there's a good chance he'll be cut. YAY! I hate that guy! And I'd love to get him in red & gold!

1. Red Bryant. Could back up all 3 D-line positions. Could get revenge on Seattle for cutting him. Could bring some of those PEDs over.
2. Antonio Cromartie. Still a very under-appreciated CB; could be the #1 guy in SF.

Neither would count against the Niners as far as the comp' pick formula goes 'cause they'll have to be cut to be FAs (and it's likely they will be).

3. If the Niners could possibly trade for Darrelle Revis I'd also be open to that, but they'd probably also have to trade Ahmad Brooks to free up enough cap room. Maybe even cut Gore.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After news that Red Bryant is due to make 8.5 million next season, there's a good chance he'll be cut. YAY! I hate that guy! And I'd love to get him in red & gold!

1. Red Bryant. Could back up all 3 D-line positions. Could get revenge on Seattle for cutting him. Could bring some of those PEDs over.
2. Antonio Cromartie. Still a very under-appreciated CB; could be the #1 guy in SF.

Neither would count against the Niners as far as the comp' pick formula goes 'cause they'll have to be cut to be FAs (and it's likely they will be).

3. If the Niners could possibly trade for Darrelle Revis I'd also be open to that, but they'd probably also have to trade Ahmad Brooks to free up enough cap room. Maybe even cut Gore.

I wanted the Niners to draft him back in the day from the start... but no one listens to me... however, how much will it cost? maybe not even a consideration...

Revis commands a lot of cash now right? tough call...