• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NFL is lying

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say or imply it was all or even most of them. Just talking to the few here who are making these head scratching claims. Not that many have chimed in at all.

Heard from a radio talk show host in Boston on Friday and they said most fans out there are just sick and tired of the BS from this staff and are embarrassed by it. There is a lot of criticism going on all over the place.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say or imply it was all or even most of them. Just talking to the few here who are making these head scratching claims. Not that many have chimed in at all.

Heard from a radio talk show host in Boston on Friday and they said most fans out there are just sick and tired of the BS from this staff and are embarrassed by it. There is a lot of criticism going on all over the place.

Now tell me really how you think?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm guessing it was the Felger and Mazz show? Becareful using them for your information if it was. (Felger happens to be a Packers fan fyi)

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, so it's absurd to suggest the refs didn't do anything wrong, but there is no way the Pats cheated, despite them having a long history of doing just that. :L

Care to list out that long history for all of us to review?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Because when Seattle players kept getting popped for PED's I was fucking pissed and called them out on it EVERY TIME. Including Sherman. Not ALL fans have to be blind fucking homers making shit up in a desperate sort of denial.

Scream payoff? Maybe some will, but that's no worse than speculating it was the refs causing it. I haven't made any claims. I have said I doubt the refs have anything to do with it and I'm not buying the temperature thing until someone more credible proves it, but that's about it. You guys are all over the map in these wild defensive positions, some of which are purely ludicrous.

When you say "...refs causing it." You make it sound intentional. It could simply be they didn't do their jobs. That's the reason A. Rogers sends his in to be inspected over inflated, he knows they don't always actually check them like they should. (And for the record I'm perfectly fine with it if he gets away with it. Who gives a crap what the ball is inflated too?)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most fans are fags who spend the majority of their time following others and each other all over Facebook, Twitter and whatever other crap social media outfits are out there designed to woo followers.

Most fans worship ESPN like its gospel, believing in whatever the agenda being pushed that day is.

Most fans happily jumped on the the repulsive public slandering of replacement refs, only to see the real ones come back and pick up flags.

Keep following the herd, fans. Cause that's what you're a fan of - not a fan of the truth - in this case still unknown, but fans of following others around.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most fans are fags who spend the majority of their time following others and each other all over Facebook, Twitter and whatever other crap social media outfits are out there designed to woo followers.

Most fans worship ESPN like its gospel, believing in whatever the agenda being pushed that day is.

Most fans happily jumped on the the repulsive public slandering of replacement refs, only to see the real ones come back and pick up flags.

Keep following the herd, fans. Cause that's what you're a fan of - not a fan of the truth - in this case still unknown, but fans of following others around.

:clap::clap::clap::agree:

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol,.......I don't know what radio show you listened too, but the majority in the Boston/New England area still believe in B.B./Brady/Kraft/pats..........nuff'said....!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol,.......I don't know what radio show you listened too, but the majority in the Boston/New England area still believe in B.B./Brady/Kraft/pats..........nuff'said....!

Agreed MM. That's why I was guessing it was the Felger and Mazz show, since they were pushing that narrative this past week, even though it doesn't seem to be the actual case.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the officials can tell the balls are inflated or deflated and did not use a guage when the checked them before the game, why would they not notice them when the game was being played?

The blame for this will fall squarely on the officials for not checking the balls properly.....

This has to be one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard. The blame lies with the person who did the deed/told someone to do the deed. Not with the refs. Sure they have culpability to a degree but they are not to blame.

Mr Steeler

ReMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to be one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard. The blame lies with the person who did the deed/told someone to do the deed. Not with the refs. Sure they have culpability to a degree but they are not to blame.

That is basically the whole problem. I mean I think that everyone will agree that somebody deflated the balls, and logically it had to be either a member of the Patriots staff or the NFL staff. The NFL are doing the investigation, so what are the odds that they are going decide that it was the incompetence of their staff? I mean it hasn't been a stellar year for NFL officiating has it? So you got to figure that unless they are going to fall back on the Catholic church mantra of "It's a mystery" they are going to find a goat within the Patriots. Is that going to satisfy anyone? Doubt it.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you post is full of ignorance. One of the possible scenarios, of which there are several, is that the refs never actually checked them like they are supposed, which there is information out that that is not an uncommon thing with offiicials. Some apparently only do a squeeze test of the ball and not a gauge test.

Even if the offiicials did a gauge test and the balls were set to 12.5 per Patriots request, because the refs often will take air out or put air in if they are out of compliance, at 12.5 the balls will drop below the compliant amount through no fault of the Patriots, nor the officials.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is basically the whole problem. I mean I think that everyone will agree that somebody deflated the balls, and logically it had to be either a member of the Patriots staff or the NFL staff. The NFL are doing the investigation, so what are the odds that they are going decide that it was the incompetence of their staff? I mean it hasn't been a stellar year for NFL officiating has it? So you got to figure that unless they are going to fall back on the Catholic church mantra of "It's a mystery" they are going to find a goat within the Patriots. Is that going to satisfy anyone? Doubt it.

A private firm is doing the investigation. And there are scenarios where the balls could end up in that state with not tampering. So no everyone will not agree that somebody deflated the balls at this point in the investigation.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, has anybody ever used a pressure gauge and not have some air escape?

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed MM. That's why I was guessing it was the Felger and Mazz show, since they were pushing that narrative this past week, even though it doesn't seem to be the actual case.

.....Mazz is Definitely the "Debby-Downer" of the two on that show,......haven't listened to "Dennis and Calahan" in awhile but I can only imagine John Dennis's opinion......he's been anti- B.B. For a decade.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, has anybody ever used a pressure gauge and not have some air escape?

And does anyone know if it was an ANSI/ASME rated gauge that was used? It wouldn't surprise me if the NFL officials used a non rated one not realizing that if it's non rated it's for reference only not accuracy.

For example,

The degree of accuracy required should be determined to ensure that the proper gauge is used. Winters utilizes the ANSI/ASME standards for accuracy grading. We offer pressure gauges with accuracy from +/- 0.25% (ANSI/ASME Grade 3A) to +/- 3-2-3% (ANSI/ASME Grade B). Generally, the more critical the application, the higher the accuracy required.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

......I always check my tires (by sight) everyday.... esp. This time of the year.in the northeast,......it was real cold up here prior to that one warm day last Sunday, maybe the balls were in a cold place prior to Sunday's "weigh-in",......?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....Mazz is Definitely the "Debby-Downer" of the two on that show,......haven't listened to "Dennis and Calahan" in awhile but I can only imagine John Dennis's opinion......he's been anti- B.B. For a decade.

JD still is.

The thing with Felger and Mazz is they jump to a conclusion, then at that point consider it a fact.

I've been switching over the afternoon show on WEEI lately. It's gotten better recently, and still a work in progress since all the changes were made. And Michael Holley, spelling?, comes across as fair and impartial on topics.

Mr Steeler

ReMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A private firm is doing the investigation. And there are scenarios where the balls could end up in that state with not tampering. So no everyone will not agree that somebody deflated the balls at this point in the investigation.

Actually the investigation is headed by NFL Executive Vice President Jeff Pash,Ted Wells of the law firm Paul, Weiss is working with the league. And I'm sorry but I think that the fact that the balls were underinflated is an accepted fact at this point.