• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NFL is lying

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What am I looking at, in the giant picture above, besides horrible hair?

Richard Simmons of course. Jk, it's actually DoubleJive. I think I would have left my appearance to the users' imagination in this case but...that's just me.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the refs really wanted the balls to be correct pressure, they would put a gauge in them.

Am I the only one that thinks the NFL wanted the QB's to get the balls the way they wanted them and did not gauge them because nobody cared?
They can solve this issue by gauging all the balls, or
by only officials holding the balls, or
by letting the QB's do whatever the hell they want with them.
Isn't that exactly what they have been doing?????

So you admit Bellickeck was lying today then when he said they tested it and when you take a normal ball prepped the way they do it measures normally and then loses 1.5lbs when taken outside in similar conditions as the game that night.

No, it's the refs. The teams put them out knowing the refs aren't going to check because the league wants it that way. :L

This story went from lame to nuts. Homers are making up all kinds of shit to avoid the most likely causes so they can defend their teams at all costs.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you admit Bellickeck was lying today then when he said they tested it and when you take a normal ball prepped the way they do it measures normally and then loses 1.5lbs when taken outside in similar conditions as the game that night.

No, it's the refs. The teams put them out knowing the refs aren't going to check because the league wants it that way. :L

This story went from lame to nuts. Homers are making up all kinds of shit to avoid the most likely causes so they can defend their teams at all costs.

Simple math says there's a 1 PSI swing from the 20 Farenheit temperature change. BB said there's another 1 PSI swing from ball prep. There are the 2 PSI Mortenson reported.

Unless and until there's a lot more detail, explaining how the 2 PSI identified by BB can't be relevant, there's nothing to cry foul about. And by the way, there never will be such detail, because the Pats didn't cheat.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple math says there's a 1 PSI swing from the 20 Farenheit temperature change. BB said there's another 1 PSI swing from ball prep. There are the 2 PSI Mortenson reported.

Unless and until there's a lot more detail, explaining how the 2 PSI identified by BB can't be relevant, there's nothing to cry foul about. And by the way, there never will be such detail, because the Pats didn't cheat.

Right, so it's absurd to suggest the refs didn't do anything wrong, but there is no way the Pats cheated, despite them having a long history of doing just that. :L

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, so it's absurd to suggest the refs didn't do anything wrong, but there is no way the Pats cheated, despite them having a long history of doing just that. :L

Cmon now. If the Seahawks was in the spotlight you would defend them till death do you part.

Stop with this nonsense. The NFL is looking into it and as most normal people know they will conclude nothing...which in turn will make 98% of the posters in here scream payoff.

It sucks being the Pats and always being in the playoffs.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the NFL was lying about all or part of this to cover their own asses. Not one bit.

We may never know, which is very frustrating as a sports fan.

I'm glad that level headed fans from Seattle and NE won't be pointing fingers at each other no matter the outcome of the game, though. BF4L or whatever his name is just needs to take a deep breath.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and please no more with the Creative Physics/Magic explanations

i fully understand that everybody involved with the Patriots might not have done anything wrong, but the stuff about football rubbing and weather doing it....come on.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the NFL was lying about all or part of this to cover their own asses. Not one bit.

We may never know, which is very frustrating as a sports fan.

I'm glad that level headed fans from Seattle and NE won't be pointing fingers at each other no matter the outcome of the game, though. BF4L or whatever his name is just needs to take a deep breath.

Of course: When you cannot compete in a debate lay down and call out the person who made you look like a fool to "take a breath"

Pathetic man. If you are gonna spew shit when you are not informed on the subject and get beat down accept it. Live it and love it for it will make you stronger.

Oh wait. Nah fuck all of that. You posted shit and got stomped and now are hoping that hating that Pats will get you some support. :L

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course: When you cannot compete in a debate lay down and call out the person who made you look like a fool to "take a breath"

Pathetic man. If you are gonna spew shit when you are not informed on the subject and get beat down accept it. Live it and love it for it will make you stronger.

Oh wait. Nah fuck all of that. You posted shit and got stomped and now are hoping that hating that Pats will get you some support. :L

just breathe, kid

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can-we-all-just-get-along.jpg

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to see that you have taken this whole discussion to a 3rd grade level.

Please carry on.:L

This kid is two graduation ceremonies away from 3rd grade level Clem.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and please no more with the Creative Physics/Magic explanations

i fully understand that everybody involved with the Patriots might not have done anything wrong, but the stuff about football rubbing and weather doing it....come on.

C'mon, man. The proper place for science denial is the Politics Forum. If you don't believe in science, please take your objections to it there.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just breathe, kid

Get your facts right before you come in here and start spewing bullshit.

Yet another fail on your part calling me kid.

God you suck at having a clue. Once you get one and actually have a real stance on the issue versus just sucking up to the greater population maybe just maybe you will bust a nut.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon, man. The proper place for science denial is the Politics Forum. If you don't believe in science, please take your objections to it there.

:lol:

But seriously, I just want to know what happened. I don't accept 100% bat shit crazy claims about rubbing and weather doing it, whether it's Al Gore, some NFL official, or one of the tabloid media personalities who say it.

My bet is that the investigation will uncover nothing that we haven't already heard, and the press will move on to the next big sports controversy by the week after the superbowl.

I think the NFL looks worse than NE ever will.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

But seriously, I just want to know what happened. I don't accept 100% bat shit crazy claims about rubbing and weather doing it, whether it's Al Gore, some NFL official, or one of the tabloid media personalities who say it.

My bet is that the investigation will uncover nothing that we haven't already heard, and the press will move on to the next big sports controversy by the week after the superbowl.

I think the NFL looks worse than NE ever will.

Atta boy.

At least now you are thinking. That will be 150 vcash for the 30 min session.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame the handful of NE fans having meltdowns for their behavior. It's a scrutiny we've never had to deal with up here.

We can all agree the NFL is corrupt though, so there's that, I guess.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame the handful of NE fans having meltdowns for their behavior. It's a scrutiny we've never had to deal with up here.

We can all agree the NFL is corrupt though, so there's that, I guess.

I am dead wrong and I must deflect this elsewhere...cezero

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon now. If the Seahawks was in the spotlight you would defend them till death do you part.

Stop with this nonsense. The NFL is looking into it and as most normal people know they will conclude nothing...which in turn will make 98% of the posters in here scream payoff.

It sucks being the Pats and always being in the playoffs.

Really? Because when Seattle players kept getting popped for PED's I was fucking pissed and called them out on it EVERY TIME. Including Sherman. Not ALL fans have to be blind fucking homers making shit up in a desperate sort of denial.

Scream payoff? Maybe some will, but that's no worse than speculating it was the refs causing it. I haven't made any claims. I have said I doubt the refs have anything to do with it and I'm not buying the temperature thing until someone more credible proves it, but that's about it. You guys are all over the map in these wild defensive positions, some of which are purely ludicrous.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Because when Seattle players kept getting popped for PED's I was fucking pissed and called them out on it EVERY TIME. Including Sherman. Not ALL fans have to be blind fucking homers making shit up in a desperate sort of denial.

Scream payoff? Maybe some will, but that's no worse than speculating it was the refs causing it. I haven't made any claims. I have said I doubt the refs have anything to do with it and I'm not buying the temperature thing until someone more credible proves it, but that's about it. You guys are all over the map in these wild defensive positions, some of which are purely ludicrous.

most NE fans are handling it better, and not attacking people for laughing at how ludicrous some of the explanations are.

some idiot: "It was because of rubbing balls vigorously and magical weather."
b4fl: "Wow, I never thought of that. Sound totally plausible!"