• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Next NBA Super Team?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might have a chance to get to .500 in 3 years if everyone stays healthy.

That's just silly. Beyond silly. They would have went 500 this year if Embiid played all 82 and that's without Ben Simmons and Fultz. In 3 years, with Health, they might be a top 5 team. FA are going to want to come to Philly now too and they have ZERO big contracts currently.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT is Iverson-lite.
Very difficult to build a championship team around a smaller play with a max contract.
You'll win a bunch of games, but the playoffs are a different beast altogether, especially if other teams target him on illegal picks.
The Celtics needs size, but that's next draft and they could possibly draft #1 and #2.

That would mean the Lakers would be in the #2 slot, highly unlikely. Much more likely the Sixers keep the Lakers pick and Boston gets the 2019 Kings 1st.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just silly. Beyond silly. They would have went 500 this year if Embiid played all 82 and that's without Ben Simmons and Fultz. In 3 years, with Health, they might be a top 5 team. FA are going to want to come to Philly now too and they have ZERO big contracts currently.

Will Embiid ever be able to play 82? He's the only proven player out of the group, and he's a big injury risk. Simmons last season was with an under-performing LSU team and Fultz just had a losing record with Washington. We'll need to see a lot more from these guys before we can realistically project a .500 record. The Wolves are just as loaded and haven't come close yet.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Embiid ever be able to play 82? He's the only proven player out of the group, and he's a big injury risk. Simmons last season was with an under-performing LSU team and Fultz just had a losing record with Washington. We'll need to see a lot more from these guys before we can realistically project a .500 record. The Wolves are just as loaded and haven't come close yet.

The wolves need to cash in some of those guys to get a star to pair with KAT.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes... I agree. But if Embiid played all 82 they would have gone .500
I'm assuming Embiid is fine and Simmons and Fultz have proven NOTHING. But they would have gone .500 THIS YEAR.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes... I agree. But if Embiid played all 82 they would have gone .500
I'm assuming Embiid is fine and Simmons and Fultz have proven NOTHING. But they would have gone .500 THIS YEAR.

Would've and if and assuming. Embiid has managed 31 games in 3 pro seasons and 28 games with Kansas. You don't get bonus points for what-ifs.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would've and if and assuming. Embiid has managed 31 games in 3 pro seasons and 28 games with Kansas. You don't get bonus points for what-ifs.

He was saying in 3 years when Philly is playing Embiid, Simmons, Fultz, Saric they might go .500
All I'm saying is if we had Embiid for 82 this year we would have gone .500
Having him for 82 in 3 years with the help of Simmons and Fultz They might get to .500 Hillarious! The discussion wasn't about what they did or would have done this year... it's about 3 years from now and the Sixers have a very good chance of being one of rhe best teams in the league

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Legitimate question about Embiid.

However, all they have to do is make the playoffs, because there are no back to back games in the playoffs.

The East is mediocre at best.
If Embiid stays healthy, doesn't play back to backs and plays 50-60 games, I'll take that.
Do you think CLE or BOS want to have to deal with them in their first round matchup?
Sure, they'll be inexperienced, but that could be a nightmare matchup for a top seed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legitimate question about Embiid.

However, all they have to do is make the playoffs, because there are no back to back games in the playoffs.

The East is mediocre at best.
If Embiid stays healthy, doesn't play back to backs and plays 50-60 games, I'll take that.
Do you think CLE or BOS want to have to deal with them in their first round matchup?
Sure, they'll be inexperienced, but that could be a nightmare matchup for a top seed.

There is so much yet to be determined that I just think you're setting yourself up for disappointment. I never thought the Lakers would be able to keep their draft picks past Randle, yet they did. The Wolves seemed primed to take the next step and have not. It takes more than just putting good players together on a team.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs upgrade from Kevin Love to Jimmy Butler, that's an even more super team than they had before. Still need a bench to handle the Ws but that's an improvement.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their team is based off potential that's it. They lack experience and have been nearly dead last every year for I believe the last 4-5 years now. They have potential to be a championship caliber team in about five years if everything goes right and the players live up to their full potential but as of right now it would be a fair assessment to say they should be around .500 in three years giving their lack of experience, lack of winning, and being very young with an average head coach.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[Q UOTE=" Great Day a
ne , st: 10 167488, member: 6477"]Their team is based .off p otent ial that's it. They lack experience and have been nearly dead last every year for I believe the last 4-5 years now. They have potential to be a championship caliber team in about five years if everything goes right and the players live up to their full potential but as of right now it would be a fair assessment to say they should be around .500 in three years giving their lack of experience, lack of winning, and being very young with an average head coach.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right on the potential thing. Everything comes down to Embiid. If he's healthy I think they are a .500 team whether or not Simmons and Fultz work out
Time will tell

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[Q UOTE=" Great Day a
ne , st: 10 167488, member: 6477"]Their team is based .off p otent ial that's it. They lack experience and have been nearly dead last every year for I believe the last 4-5 years now. They have potential to be a championship caliber team in about five years if everything goes right and the players live up to their full potential but as of right now it would be a fair assessment to say they should be around .500 in three years giving their lack of experience, lack of winning, and being very young with an average head coach.

Yeah, you're right on the potential thing. Everything comes down to Embiid. If he's healthy I think they are a .500 team whether or not Simmons and Fultz work out
Time will tell[/QUOTE]

I appreciate you understanding my reasoning. Other Sixers fans believe I hate the team which is just not true (well except when they had AI :) If all these players turn out to be all stars with one superstar in Fultz or Simmons then yes them and the C's will be battling it out for EC superiority in 3-5 years.

Geems

America First
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next super teams will be the Sixers, Lakers and Celtics, in that order.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next super teams will be the Sixers, Lakers and Celtics, in that order.

What makes you think the Lakers? The ability to get FA's? The cupboard is pretty empty as of today.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell

I appreciate you understanding my reasoning. Other Sixers fans believe I hate the team which is just not true (well except when they had AI :) If all these players turn out to be all stars with one superstar in Fultz or Simmons then yes them and the C's will be battling it out for EC superiority in 3-5 years.[/QUOTE]

How could you hate AI. 5'11 and 165 pounds and took it to the hole every game. To me he was the most fun player to watch... EVER.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate you understanding my reasoning. Other Sixers fans believe I hate the team which is just not true (well except when they had AI :) If all these players turn out to be all stars with one superstar in Fultz or Simmons then yes them and the C's will be battling it out for EC superiority in 3-5 years.

How could you hate AI. 5'11 and 165 pounds and took it to the hole every game. To me he was the most fun player to watch... EVER.[/QUOTE]

He was a punk who disrespected the game and everyone else in it. And he carried or traveled on literally every possession.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is brewing in the Alamo City

They got a nice little 2 year window of things falling in place to make some serious moves in both 17 and 18

If they decide to do it.

Who knows