• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Next NBA Super Team?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we call a team built thru the draft a super team? Current definition is superstars who do not think they are good enough to win without 3 more superstars.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could you hate AI. 5'11 and 165 pounds and took it to the hole every game. To me he was the most fun player to watch... EVER.

He was a punk who disrespected the game and everyone else in it. And he carried or traveled on literally every possession.[/QUOTE]

How dis he disrespect the game. I think it's the exact opposite. He played with heart, dived for balls, played hurt... he is the antithesis of one who disrespected the game. And Jordan was the one who carried the ball. You still pissed he stayed true to himself and didn't wear a suit to get his MVP trophy. He was a warrior with heart.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could you hate AI. 5'11 and 165 pounds and took it to the hole every game. To me he was the most fun player to watch... EVER.

He was a punk who disrespected the game and everyone else in it. And he carried or traveled on literally every possession.[/QUOTE]

Oh... and he took James Deans title for the coolest dude to walk on this earth.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate you understanding my reasoning. Other Sixers fans believe I hate the team which is just not true (well except when they had AI :) If all these players turn out to be all stars with one superstar in Fultz or Simmons then yes them and the C's will be battling it out for EC superiority in 3-5 years.

How could you hate AI. 5'11 and 165 pounds and took it to the hole every game. To me he was the most fun player to watch... EVER.[/QUOTE]

Still mad about the Bucks getting beaten by the refs in the 2001 playoffs combined with Ray's twisted ankle in game 6 or 7. AI was great and was exciting to watch but his street ball style wasn't enjoyed by everyone.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still mad about the Bucks getting beaten by the refs in the 2001 playoffs combined with Ray's twisted ankle in game 6 or 7. AI was great and was exciting to watch but his street ball style wasn't enjoyed by everyone.

The argument against AI is that he didn't make his teammates around him better...

That being said, when your smallest player is also your best player, it can be difficult to win championships, especially when the playoffs get tougher and more physical. (see Thomas, Isaiah)