• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The newer footy thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

AnnualTepidDikkops-size_restricted.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any world cup predictions?

Who's going to win?

Sleeper picks? Deep sleeper?

Which team will be a surprise struggler?

How will the Concacaf teams do?

Who's going to win? Brazil

Sleeper picks? Deep sleeper? One of Serbia or Uruguay will go deep.

Which team will be a surprise struggler? Portugal and France both gone by R16

How will the Concacaf teams do? Very bad.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The more enterprising (and brave) female fans should just eschew the clothing altogether and go with body paint.

/Fuck Qatar although Qatar airlines is kinda nice

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's going to win? I have Germany (ugh) over Spain in the final.

Sleeper picks? Deep sleeper? Denmark (though everyone is picking them) and Serbia. I also like South Korea to win their group. :crazy:

Which team will be a surprise struggler? I have Portugal out at the group stage too. Not necessarily struggling but I'm not as high on Argentina as most people. I have them losing to France (or Denmark) in the orund of 16.

How will the Concacaf teams do? I have them all out in the group stage. I think Wales beats the US in the first game and that'll be tough to overcome. Mexico and Costa Rica won't make the second round. I think Canada will put up a good fight but won't advance either.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it'll be England winning. I've been waiting my whole life to see them in a world cup final and the game kicks off at exactly the same time as my son's graduation ceremony. Almost a guarantee.....

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canada will need this kind of fortune at the World Cup.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, this is going way too far...

If they could move Euro 2020 to summer 2021 in different stadiums they can move this tournament to summer 2023 in England and tell the Qataris to fuck off.

We're in the week before and they already have a nightmare brewing here.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bookend to how dumb and shitty this WC is but the fact it's starting on Sunday instead of Thursday or Friday like every World Cup since 2002 so you get to spend your weekend watching soccer instead of loving your family is pretty stupid.

I’m just grateful for PVRs. This weekend there’s the last F1 race, NFL and start of the World Cup. But all week and next Sunday I’m gonna have three games a day to get through. I think I’ve got the stuff to do the job.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man United to sue Ronaldo.

Yeah, probably something in the contract about not going on TV and saying your bosses don't care about the club's on-field product lol

It's pathetic that it reached this, and Ronaldo isn't without fault but Ten Hag said all summer he wanted Ronaldo, he planned to use him and was a key part of his strategy and that never played out on the pitch. His late arrival played a part but with match time and training I doubt he would've taken long to get ready, even at his age. They should've just been blunt in the summer, said it's not working and they'll work something out as long as it doesn't cost the club an arm and a leg. Saves face, allows a club legend to leave with his head high and the fans appreciative.

And for all the "this team is better under Ten Hag" shit the club is only 1 pt farther behind the league leaders after 14 games than they were last season at the same point under Ole. If there was a substantial improvement in on field play you could justify all of this but there hasn't been.