• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new generation of NFL quarterbacks

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Brees fella is a fuckin whack job.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Tate, Wilson and the ex all denied the rumor. Wilson's wife had to know that Wilson was her money ticket and if they dated throughout college when Wilson went to multiple colleges then she was obviously committed to some aspect of what he brought to the table.

This thread is kinda crap, though. QB play has never been better. Its just hard to see that.

You're right. We don't really know what happened with Wilson. But this guy is making some really really dumb comments and backing them up with nothing.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What trends do you mean? You are changing topics so fast nobody knows what the hell you are talking about. When has Russell Wilson or Matt Stafford got in trouble by their NFL teams by partying?
Nanobubble orgies ...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. We don't really know what happened with Wilson. But this guy is making some really really dumb comments and backing them up with nothing.
The 'back in my day men knew how to treat women and didn't party as much' rhetoric doesn't fly with me very well. This is a nation that glorified Babe Ruth, Frank Sinatra, John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. There was a time when almost everyone drank and there was a time when almost everyone smoked. There was a time when beating your wife was considered discipline and cheating on your wife was what you talked about at work.

A lot of these issues Qbs are facing today is that the college game isnt developing NFL players. They are just trying to win in college. Its a flawed minor league system.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 'back in my day men knew how to treat women and didn't party as much' rhetoric doesn't fly with me very well. This is a nation that glorified Babe Ruth, Frank Sinatra, John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. There was a time when almost everyone drank and there was a time when almost everyone smoked. There was a time when beating your wife was considered discipline and cheating on your wife was what you talked about at work.

A lot of these issues Qbs are facing today is that the college game isnt developing NFL players. They are just trying to win in college. Its a flawed minor league system.
The movie North Dallas Forty was based on what it was like in NFL teams back in the 70s. These guys were no saints

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't blame the CFB coaches because what they are getting from the HS ranks is more of the same...everybody is under pressure to win...developing players for the next level, not so much...it's killed the QB position.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't blame the CFB coaches because what they are getting from the HS ranks is more of the same...everybody is under pressure to win...developing players for the next level, not so much...it's killed the QB position.
The problem isn't that Qbs are coming out terrible relative to how Qbs used to come out. Its that other players are coming out so much more developed than the QBs who have to learn new systems. Most of the great NFL players seem to be coming out of college really good within the first season or two. Spread QBs have literally no chance at that except in cases like RG3, Bradford and Kaepernick where they were just sort of faking the Qb position.

Olineman are also at a disadvantage because it takes a lot of reps to get the technique down and the collective bargaining has limited the practices that olinemen get these days. That just adds to the QB problem.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem isn't that Qbs are coming out terrible relative to how Qbs used to come out. Its that other players are coming out so much more developed than the QBs who have to learn new systems. Most of the great NFL players seem to be coming out of college really good within the first season or two. Spread QBs have literally no chance at that except in cases like RG3, Bradford and Kaepernick where they were just sort of faking the Qb position.

Olineman are also at a disadvantage because it takes a lot of reps to get the technique down and the collective bargaining has limited the practices that olinemen get these days. That just adds to the QB problem.

The NFL will never stick it to the colleges and start their own developmental league...so I don't think we can expect the results to change anytime soon...The old adage of 30-35 starts to prove you can play in the NFL is not realistic for a spread QB...they need more time.