• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new generation of NFL quarterbacks

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say they had to be married at 25 but your NFL career has to come before your lifestyle by a wide margin.

And please go see Cam's social media activity.

Look the main thing about this thread is the current generation of NFL QBs is the most loose moraled ever.

So by not having sex with an amazingly hot woman he is jeopardizing his NFL career?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP is a confirmed lunatic.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kenny Stabler sobered up until the two minute warning.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know many Christian men in my neck of the woods that get divorced often. Russell married a golddigger who cheated on him. I don't know much about Wilson other than some of his tweets rubbed me the wrong way such as listening to D'Angelo and saying stuff like "she can shake that ass all night" around the time of the sb.

So Wilson has loose morals because the girl he met in high school and he married turned out to be not good?

I also didn't realize that listening to D'Angelo means you have loose morals.

And I don't believe you claim that Russell Wilson ever said "she can share that ass all night" on Twitter.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look the main thing about this thread is the current generation of NFL QBs is the most loose moraled ever.

This is is both ridiculous and wrong.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of mediocrity (or worse) on your list, but other than Manziel & Winston in his college days these guys are not trouble makers or a problem in general.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Sharper was not a QB.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't these guys be more straight laced like Joe Namath or Ken Stabler?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall confusing thread.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am not a fan, sorry.

It's one thing to be single and have loose morals if you keep it behind closed doors. But when we know you have a party reputation it's hard to respect. The most recent influx of QBs are those who I would say have loose morals, are all about THAT LIFE and partying often. Big Ben did it but it was discreet until the r*pe allegations come out. However from 06-13 the superbowl winning qbs were professionals on and off the field except Big Ben. Manning was married, Eli was engaged, Brees was married and been with his wife since he was in college, Rodgers kept his lifestyle in the closet but he has in relationships, Flacco was with his wife since college and when he won the sb his wife had his second child(he was not even 30). Tom Brady was a partier when he won in 01, 03, 04 but he was also a game manager back then more than a elite qb as the pats were run first. And he had BB, who puts a muzzle on a lot of things. And I won't go there with Wilson because I don't buy his phony religous act. But it appears we are heading in a direction of qbs with loose morals. It doesn't just pertain to sleeping around but simply partying and doing dumb stuff.

Cam Newton
Jameis Winston
Johnny Manziel
Matthew Stafford
Colin Kapernick
Russell Wilson
Blake Bortles?

Now there is Andrew Luck who is not like these. He is either married or in a committed relationship, he does not party, and seems to have strong morals. Even if he played well in pre-season, the saints did not like Ryan Griffin's antics in the spring where he went clubbing at 4 in the morning and got hit in the face with a bottle during a dispute. That character got him cut. Phillip Rivers his first year as a starter had four kids already, grew up in a religous household. Derek Carr is married with a child.

Now am I saying that partying affects talent? No. I am saying partying affects studying tape. Brees, Rodgers, Manning are the type of qbs that spend hours upon hours studying film analyzing the defensive plays and they study the playbook as well. Their professionalism leads them to stay calm through four quarters when things get tough. Also, the older you get when you are no longer hip and cool well you start sucking. These players are using their youth, status, edge to drive them and when that's gone, they are gone. However only read options get away with this. Which is why Stafford has had more losing seasons than winning ones.

Even more six years ago or longer, these players would have been playing in the NBA. The NBA's image hurt the league and as a result people no longer were talking about it other than the playoffs. So they decide to come to the NFL instead and bring their image in this. It's like the Modest Mouse song "Lampshades of Fire"(this one's done, so where to now). The bad character types want to be part of what's big and try to change it to their liking, thereby ruining it.

There has never been a NFL generation of QBs that has been as classless as this current crop. Is Connor Cook among these types(he's close with Bryce Petty, a Christian)? Or Hackenberg?

By 2019 when Brees, Manning, maybe Brady are all out of the league how is this sport going to be watchable if this current trend continues?

Why wait till 2019? Stop watching right now. Go find yourself a flag football church league to be a fan of.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow was outcast from the league because he loved the Lord. It's obvious, guys.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless i missed it, I think Cam Newton has been a pretty solid citizen off the field

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have been a quarterback.

jeffspicoli.jpg

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Sheen would have made a hell of a QB.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low morals....it's obvious, just look at the hat.

owens_traded_ny171.jpg

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
need more QBs like this:suds:

IMG_3279.png