• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new generation of NFL quarterbacks

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan, sorry.

It's one thing to be single and have loose morals if you keep it behind closed doors. But when we know you have a party reputation it's hard to respect. The most recent influx of QBs are those who I would say have loose morals, are all about THAT LIFE and partying often. Big Ben did it but it was discreet until the r*pe allegations come out. However from 06-13 the superbowl winning qbs were professionals on and off the field except Big Ben. Manning was married, Eli was engaged, Brees was married and been with his wife since he was in college, Rodgers kept his lifestyle in the closet but he has in relationships, Flacco was with his wife since college and when he won the sb his wife had his second child(he was not even 30). Tom Brady was a partier when he won in 01, 03, 04 but he was also a game manager back then more than a elite qb as the pats were run first. And he had BB, who puts a muzzle on a lot of things. And I won't go there with Wilson because I don't buy his phony religous act. But it appears we are heading in a direction of qbs with loose morals. It doesn't just pertain to sleeping around but simply partying and doing dumb stuff.

Cam Newton
Jameis Winston
Johnny Manziel
Matthew Stafford
Colin Kapernick
Russell Wilson
Blake Bortles?

Now there is Andrew Luck who is not like these. He is either married or in a committed relationship, he does not party, and seems to have strong morals. Even if he played well in pre-season, the saints did not like Ryan Griffin's antics in the spring where he went clubbing at 4 in the morning and got hit in the face with a bottle during a dispute. That character got him cut. Phillip Rivers his first year as a starter had four kids already, grew up in a religous household. Derek Carr is married with a child.

Now am I saying that partying affects talent? No. I am saying partying affects studying tape. Brees, Rodgers, Manning are the type of qbs that spend hours upon hours studying film analyzing the defensive plays and they study the playbook as well. Their professionalism leads them to stay calm through four quarters when things get tough. Also, the older you get when you are no longer hip and cool well you start sucking. These players are using their youth, status, edge to drive them and when that's gone, they are gone. However only read options get away with this. Which is why Stafford has had more losing seasons than winning ones.

Even more six years ago or longer, these players would have been playing in the NBA. The NBA's image hurt the league and as a result people no longer were talking about it other than the playoffs. So they decide to come to the NFL instead and bring their image in this. It's like the Modest Mouse song "Lampshades of Fire"(this one's done, so where to now). The bad character types want to be part of what's big and try to change it to their liking, thereby ruining it.

There has never been a NFL generation of QBs that has been as classless as this current crop. Is Connor Cook among these types(he's close with Bryce Petty, a Christian)? Or Hackenberg?

By 2019 when Brees, Manning, maybe Brady are all out of the league how is this sport going to be watchable if this current trend continues?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only read bits and pieces but I think you mention Russell Wilson as someone with loose morals and partying all the time? I'm no Seahawks fan but the dude is probably the most mature player in the league, almost to a fault. His bible thumping is annoying but other than that he is a likable guy.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black, Black, White Trash, Chipmunk, Terrorist, Black, Gay.

LOL OMG RACIST!!!!! No seriously guys... c'mon seriously, it's a JOKE. IT'S A JOKE WE don't have more white QBs running the league! Unbelievable! Seriously though Brees, you racist ****!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan, sorry.

It's one thing to be single and have loose morals if you keep it behind closed doors. But when we know you have a party reputation it's hard to respect. The most recent influx of QBs are those who I would say have loose morals, are all about THAT LIFE and partying often. Big Ben did it but it was discreet until the r*pe allegations come out. However from 06-13 the superbowl winning qbs were professionals on and off the field except Big Ben. Manning was married, Eli was engaged, Brees was married and been with his wife since he was in college, Rodgers kept his lifestyle in the closet but he has in relationships, Flacco was with his wife since college and when he won the sb his wife had his second child(he was not even 30). Tom Brady was a partier when he won in 01, 03, 04 but he was also a game manager back then more than a elite qb as the pats were run first. And he had BB, who puts a muzzle on a lot of things. And I won't go there with Wilson because I don't buy his phony religous act. But it appears we are heading in a direction of qbs with loose morals. It doesn't just pertain to sleeping around but simply partying and doing dumb stuff.

Cam Newton
Jameis Winston
Johnny Manziel
Matthew Stafford
Colin Kapernick
Russell Wilson
Blake Bortles?

Now there is Andrew Luck who is not like these. He is either married or in a committed relationship, he does not party, and seems to have strong morals. Even if he played well in pre-season, the saints did not like Ryan Griffin's antics in the spring where he went clubbing at 4 in the morning and got hit in the face with a bottle during a dispute. That character got him cut. Phillip Rivers his first year as a starter had four kids already, grew up in a religous household. Derek Carr is married with a child.

Now am I saying that partying affects talent? No. I am saying partying affects studying tape. Brees, Rodgers, Manning are the type of qbs that spend hours upon hours studying film analyzing the defensive plays and they study the playbook as well. Their professionalism leads them to stay calm through four quarters when things get tough. Also, the older you get when you are no longer hip and cool well you start sucking. These players are using their youth, status, edge to drive them and when that's gone, they are gone. However only read options get away with this. Which is why Stafford has had more losing seasons than winning ones.

Even more six years ago or longer, these players would have been playing in the NBA. The NBA's image hurt the league and as a result people no longer were talking about it other than the playoffs. So they decide to come to the NFL instead and bring their image in this. It's like the Modest Mouse song "Lampshades of Fire"(this one's done, so where to now). The bad character types want to be part of what's big and try to change it to their liking, thereby ruining it.

There has never been a NFL generation of QBs that has been as classless as this current crop. Is Connor Cook among these types(he's close with Bryce Petty, a Christian)? Or Hackenberg?

By 2019 when Brees, Manning, maybe Brady are all out of the league how is this sport going to be watchable if this current trend continues?

2bdf7b17717ec92e243ef04e6d9765c8f6058d549d3669168fd09082faa3e2bb.jpg

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black, Black, White Trash, Chipmunk, Terrorist, Black, Gay.

LOL OMG RACIST!!!!! No seriously guys... c'mon seriously, it's a JOKE. IT'S A JOKE WE don't have more white QBs running the league! Unbelievable! Seriously though Brees, you racist ****!

Im pissed he didn't mention Romo with the good guys ha

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again he is part Mexican- jk Brees

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan, sorry.

Cam Newton
Jameis Winston
Johnny Manziel
Matthew Stafford
Colin Kapernick
Russell Wilson
Blake Bortles?

What trends do you mean? You are changing topics so fast nobody knows what the hell you are talking about. When has Russell Wilson or Matt Stafford got in trouble by their NFL teams by partying?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson has loose morals? His wife cheats on him he divorces her and starts dating a hot pop star but publicly states they aren't having sex and that is a sign of loose morals? WTF?

The guy doesn't even drink.

I hadn't heard anything about Bortles. And while I can't stand Newton's onfield antics there is no evidence that the guy does anything bad off the field.

The only two on the list that qualify are Manziel and maybe Winston, based on his nonsense at FSU.

I wasn't aware that you needed to be married with children by 25 to be a person of good morals.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the definition of throwing shit at a wall to see if it sticks.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a guy who likes his QBs with a ball and chain.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what would really moral these boyz up... a wife! - Ray Rice

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im pissed he didn't mention Romo with the good guys ha

Romo didn't win a sb. And when Romo first came out he wasn't partying but was a famewh*re, I mean he dated Jessica Simpson, and once his hype wore off he was no longer winning all the time, he had a bunch of 8-8 seasons.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What trends do you mean? You are changing topics so fast nobody knows what the hell you are talking about. When has Russell Wilson or Matt Stafford got in trouble by their NFL teams by partying?

I don't know many Christian men in my neck of the woods that get divorced often. Russell married a golddigger who cheated on him. I don't know much about Wilson other than some of his tweets rubbed me the wrong way such as listening to D'Angelo and saying stuff like "she can shake that ass all night" around the time of the sb.

Stafford had that frat boy haircut for a while and often walks around with his hat on backwards(a sign of immaturity). A lot like Big Ben and Romo back in the day. He just got married this year.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson has loose morals? His wife cheats on him he divorces her and starts dating a hot pop star but publicly states they aren't having sex and that is a sign of loose morals? WTF?

The guy doesn't even drink.

I hadn't heard anything about Bortles. And while I can't stand Newton's onfield antics there is no evidence that the guy does anything bad off the field.

The only two on the list that qualify are Manziel and maybe Winston, based on his nonsense at FSU.

I wasn't aware that you needed to be married with children by 25 to be a person of good morals.

I didn't say they had to be married at 25 but your NFL career has to come before your lifestyle by a wide margin.

And please go see Cam's social media activity.

Look the main thing about this thread is the current generation of NFL QBs is the most loose moraled ever.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a guy wears his hat backwards and he's immature? Okay.....

I noticed you left Bridgewater off of your list, tell me what problems you have with him and how loose his morals are.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That OP was a lot of work for something so stupid.

1507114-who_cares.jpg