• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The more time passes, the more I dislike Peyton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever said Peyton Manning was the sole reason we won the SB? I think the bottom line is whoever we win a SB with at QB, I don't care how they do it.

Obviously without our D we don't win the SB, but at the end of the day. Weather we won by 100, or 1 point as long as we win the SB the guy is fine in my book.

Not saying I want him back, it is time to retire. But surely don't dislike him... We won a SB with him as a QB, just like we won a SB with Briton Colquit as our punter. Whatever gets us a ring, doesn't matter. The goal is to win a SB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that but I say you might be wrong . There are a lot of ways he can remain a Denver Bronco .

I see that as being about a 1% chance that he is still a Bronco on March 9th. They would have to work quickly to figure out a whole new contract for him. Last year we kept hearing how upset he was with Elway asking him to take a $10 million pay cut. My guess is Elway would ask that or more again this year. Is he willing to take a very low contract? I just don't see it happening.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever said Peyton Manning was the sole reason we won the SB? I think the bottom line is whoever we win a SB with at QB, I don't care how they do it.

Obviously without our D we don't win the SB, but at the end of the day. Weather we won by 100, or 1 point as long as we win the SB the guy is fine in my book.

Not saying I want him back, it is time to retire. But surely don't dislike him... We won a SB with him as a QB, just like we won a SB with Briton Colquit as our punter. Whatever gets us a ring, doesn't matter. The goal is to win a SB.
giphy.gif

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that as being about a 1% chance that he is still a Bronco on March 9th. They would have to work quickly to figure out a whole new contract for him. Last year we kept hearing how upset he was with Elway asking him to take a $10 million pay cut. My guess is Elway would ask that or more again this year. Is he willing to take a very low contract? I just don't see it happening.
To add to that, I'm not sure the Broncos would bring him back even at a drastically reduced rate. If you bring him back, Osweiler is certainly going to sign somewhere else. I don't think the Broncos are going to sign on for one year of Manning at the cost of losing Osweiler.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to that, I'm not sure the Broncos would bring him back even at a drastically reduced rate. If you bring him back, Osweiler is certainly going to sign somewhere else. I don't think the Broncos are going to sign on for one year of Manning at the cost of losing Osweiler.

Well there is talk that the Broncos and Osweiler are not as close as you would like. That is why I give this scenario a 1% chance of happening. To me Kaepernick has a much greater chance say we lose Osweiler of being our starter next year than Manning at this point.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if Manning played versus the Patriots instead of Brock the Broncos may have not gotten the 1 seed and may not sniff the Super Bowl. Works both ways. I'll say it again most athletes are assholes and are not role models. Manning is no role model and should not be. He was done at the end of last year and nothing else will make me change my mind. Why did you think I wanted J.D.R. gone so bad. Knew this defense had to carry this team and they weren't until that change was made. I loved how I got bashed by many of you wanting J.D.R. gone and saying there defense wasn't good enough with him in charge and now all of you are on board. That goes for that useless piece of garbage in Montee Ball. Don't hate appreciate. Can't wait until the draft and free agency. Go Broncos!! Peace.
Difference is, my point is actually valid, and not pure speculation as yours is. You really don't know how Manning would have played against the Patriots earlier. However, it can be validly assumed that Brock's chances of leading Denver to a win against SD were slim, based on how the team was playing with him at the helm. So, no they are not the same.

As for your other "points", any beefs you have with other posters about JDR are irrelevant to the discussion. I particularly don't care.

And even the irrelevant points you bring up are different than pissing on a player 2-3 weeks after winning a Super Bowl. Thanks for playing......

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it before I will say it again ! Knowing your job is why Manning is so successful ... It is why NE is the team they are !!

Manning can Lead the Broncos at a discounted price next year and I am allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll in !

5 mill base him as starter .. Him knowing all Gary's system ..Him knowing we are going to be the best Running team ever starting this season and us setting that into motion .

paying all our D side FA and going for back to back .

Rod Smith Manning all our WR's getting together for a mouth and getting the passing game going again !

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me I wouldn't say Manning is the reason we won the Super Bowl. Not even close but he was still a part of the puzzle. There were games where he made some major impact plays that helped us to win some close games. I think to the Chiefs game in week 2 with his drive with under 2 minutes to play and making some big time throws. I think of the Detroit game where the game was close until his late touchdown throw. Now you could argue he should have done more before that part of the game but the matter here is that when we absolutely needed a play in some games this year Manning showed up. So yes he is a part of why we won the Super Bowl because the Super Bowl isn't just won with one game. Without those early season wins we are not in the Super Bowl in my opinion.

Now yes I can also argue that Peyton cost us a couple of games like the Chiefs game where he put us so far behind. The Indy game wasn't pretty that first half either. At the same time I can look at the playoffs and say that he played decent against the Steelers and Patriots. Not the greatest stats but he did what was asked of him in not turning the ball over and making some key throws at the right time. This truly to me was a year where almost all 53 players had to contribute for us to win the Super Bowl. Some contributed more than others obviously but it did take some great plays by some very unknown guys.

I really cannot think of many games where he was the "reason" they won. Even IF he did that in the Charger game (and I say IF) that is one. I will give it to you.

Virtually all of the games, and I tried to upload the gifs of the games he really cost us (the Bengals int was not this year but is makes up the Ravens int I could not find.)

Including the SB and it is a simple fact. Combine ALL of that with what is coming out about the details of how he sexually assaulted someone and his contrarian type of act holding off on retiring....all contributes to my original post.

Fans can get mad at me all they want. Pretend that Manning does not suck. Yes, suck. He sucks. Just not mincing words. Maybe one of the six girls used that ragedy ann doll to point out where he placed his junk.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it before I will say it again ! Knowing your job is why Manning is so successful ... It is why NE is the team they are !!

Manning can Lead the Broncos at a discounted price next year and I am allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll in !

5 mill base him as starter .. Him knowing all Gary's system ..Him knowing we are going to be the best Running team ever starting this season and us setting that into motion .

paying all our D side FA and going for back to back .

Rod Smith Manning all our WR's getting together for a mouth and getting the passing game going again !

The problem with this is Manning getting the WR's together for a month and getting the passing game going again. What I saw this year was a QB that when he had rest his arm responded pretty well and he was able to make some decent throws. The grind of the season though made it to where his arm was worn out and he couldn't always trust it to do what he wanted. I saw many times where the ball just almost fluttered out of his hand and went nowhere near where he was trying to throw it. I just don't think Manning is a great fit for what Kubiak and the Broncos want to do on offense. I think it is in the best interest of both parties to part ways.

I also question Manning's ability to accept a $5 million contract. I love Manning but there is a pride side to this. That is asking a HOF player to take one of the biggest pay cuts we have ever seen in the NFL. I mean that is pretty much saying we don't believe in you as a QB and need you to take back up money.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally irrelevant to point of my post. There are more and more reasons to dislike him.

When you say "we" are you a player for the Broncos? Just wondering. Cause if you are not an actual player.....

Oh never mind.

Glad the Broncos won the SB. The fact remains that had little to nothing to do with Manning. Meanwhile deal with the facts I present. He sucks.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really cannot think of many games where he was the "reason" they won. Even IF he did that in the Charger game (and I say IF) that is one. I will give it to you.

Virtually all of the games, and I tried to upload the gifs of the games he really cost us (the Bengals int was not this year but is makes up the Ravens int I could not find.)

Including the SB and it is a simple fact. Combine ALL of that with what is coming out about the details of how he sexually assaulted someone and his contrarian type of act holding off on retiring....all contributes to my original post.

Fans can get mad at me all they want. Pretend that Manning does not suck. Yes, suck. He sucks. Just not mincing words. Maybe one of the six girls used that ragedy ann doll to point out where he placed his junk.

I'm not mad at you at all. We all have some differing opinions on players. It happens. My point was more Manning did have some plays in tight games this year that really helped us out. Now to me I only remember what I would consider one complete game from Manning this year and that was the Green Bay game. The rest yes I agree he wasn't up to par of what you want from the QB position. And yes he had times where he down right stunk.

Still he was a part of us winning the Super Bowl this year with some of his play on the field. I would say the same thing about Shiloh Keo. There were times he was so lost in coverage. Heck his missed assignment in the Oakland game that we lost was a big reason we lost that game. At the same time I can remember a play against the Chargers and then in the playoffs making a very nice onside kick recovery. So he helped contribute as one of the 53 guys on the team.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not mad at you at all. We all have some differing opinions on players. It happens. My point was more Manning did have some plays in tight games this year that really helped us out. Now to me I only remember what I would consider one complete game from Manning this year and that was the Green Bay game. The rest yes I agree he wasn't up to par of what you want from the QB position. And yes he had times where he down right stunk.

Still he was a part of us winning the Super Bowl this year with some of his play on the field. I would say the same thing about Shiloh Keo. There were times he was so lost in coverage. Heck his missed assignment in the Oakland game that we lost was a big reason we lost that game. At the same time I can remember a play against the Chargers and then in the playoffs making a very nice onside kick recovery. So he helped contribute as one of the 53 guys on the team.

I know you are not mad at me. The others? They are. Anyway, he was a part of it, fine. He gets his winning record over Brady. Which is just fine with me, since I cannot stand Brady. Especially since Mcdaniels is the coach there as well.

I love that part.

However, there are things to not like about Manning. Especially with the things coming out lately in the media about his sexual assaults. Combine that with his absolute crap play ALL YEAR and half of LAST YEAR.

There are reasons.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oz after 5 4 year did not know his job

Due to that photo I am now not posting in this thread . I think you should be banned . I am putting you on ignore

I will put you on ignore too, you fucking humorless hack. Laugh a little harder at the ragedy ann doll. You are not quite hypocritical enough.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you are not mad at me. The others? They are. Anyway, he was a part of it, fine. He gets his winning record over Brady. Which is just fine with me, since I cannot stand Brady. Especially since Mcdaniels is the coach there as well.

I love that part.

However, there are things to not like about Manning. Especially with the things coming out lately in the media about his sexual assaults. Combine that with his absolute crap play ALL YEAR and half of LAST YEAR.

There are reasons.
I'm too busy laughing at you to be mad at you.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Six girls? What six girls are you talking about?
Whichever one of the six girls that filed a title IX lawsuit against the UT for sexual assault. DId not hear the news?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I will not turn you in .. I am not built that way but I will never talk to you again that kid deserves better I am sure if that was you.. I am sure his family would be all over you like ugly on a ape ..

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whichever one of the six girls that filed a title IX lawsuit against the UT for sexual assault. DId not hear the news?
You've got your facts all screwed up. Not that I find that surprising...

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I will not turn you in .. I am not built that way but I will never talk to you again that kid deserves better I am sure if that was you.. I am sure his family would be all over you like ugly on a ape ..
You are suppose to use "AN". Oh and you were suppose to put me on ignore. Well, do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.