• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical, just come here when things going right, Seattle still isn't very good, they are fortunate to be where they are!
Agreed. You can look at how long it took them to put away a mediocre Miami team at home week one as an example of that.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Birds tie.....Buuuuuaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:
The NFC West is a mess this year.

The way it is going there is an off chance that a loss for the Seachickens would be our best chance at the Division.

Would have rather had the Redbirds win than tie.

Still hilarious though bunc!

A 6-6 OT tie game final?

:dhd:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFC West is a mess this year.

The way it is going there is an off chance that a loss for the Seachickens would be our best chance at the Division.

Would have rather had the Redbirds win than tie.

Still hilarious though bunc!

A 6-6 OT tie game final?

:dhd:

With both teams missing game-winning FGs in OT. UG-LEEE

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate pink, I hate bye weeks, I hate NFL games in London, I hate ticky tack personal fouls, I hate celebration penalties, I hate disrespect for our nation. But more than that I hate losing...:gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate pink, I hate bye weeks, I hate NFL games in London, I hate ticky tack personal fouls, I hate celebration penalties, I hate disrespect for our nation. But more than that I hate losing...:gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:

So what you're saying is, you hate Fisher

Losing=Fisher

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders commit 23 penalties, an NFL record, and they still win today. Just goes to show what a team can accomplish with a good head coach and a capable offense.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cvd5a25WcAAPoCL.jpg

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I thought you all believed that discipline was not only a huge knock on CJF but a pillar of 'good coaching'.

Why isn't that a knock on Coach Del Rio?

Not only did the Raiders set a new NFL record in penalties yesterday, they lead the league this year in penalties too.

I'd say the Raiders are winning in spite of the young coaches ability to instill some much needed discipline in his team!

If they were losing the narrative would be exactly the opposite.

Winning overlooks many flaws.

Always has, always will.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I thought you all believed that discipline was not only a huge knock on CJF but a pillar of 'good coaching'.

Why isn't that a knock on Coach Del Rio?

Not only did the Raiders set a new NFL record in penalties yesterday, they lead the league this year in penalties too.

I'd say the Raiders are winning in spite of the young coaches ability to instill some much needed discipline in his team!

If they were losing the narrative would be exactly the opposite.

Winning overlooks many flaws.

Always has, always will.

You answered your own question.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You answered your own question.
No, it's either a pillar of good coaching or it's not.

I wouldn't call it 'good coaching' myself, maybe the 'winning' overlooks that for bunc and RR but it's been an indictment on CJF in regards to not winning.

The knock has been stated many times that the lack of discipline, as evidenced by all the penalties, is an indicator of poor coaching and the reason we were losing Football contests.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discipline alone for the sake of it is not what we have been saying Vita. Look what Belicheat has done. You make mental mistakes, you're either going to sit or you are gone. "DO YOUR JOB" or we will get somebody that does is the discipline we have been stating. Belicheat's system is a winner. 4 superbowls in the bag.

Del Rio fines his players for repeated violations based in a lack of mental discipline. He changed the environment with a good system AND discipline. How many OC's have we been through since Fisher took over? How many DC's? The man is in over his head. Period. I thought you knew that but apparently your memory is a bit foggy recently.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's either a pillar of good coaching or it's not.

I wouldn't call it 'good coaching' myself, maybe the 'winning' overlooks that for bunc and RR but it's been an indictment on CJF in regards to not winning.

The knock has been stated many times that the lack of discipline, as evidenced by all the penalties, is an indicator of poor coaching and the reason we were losing Football contests.

If you can win with a lack of discipline, it's less of a problem. Rams' penalties often take the blame for just not playing well enough IMO.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discipline alone for the sake of it is not what we have been saying Vita. Look what Belicheat has done. You make mental mistakes, you're either going to sit or you are gone. "DO YOUR JOB" or we will get somebody that does is the discipline we have been stating. Belicheat's system is a winner. 4 superbowls in the bag.

Del Rio fines his players for repeated violations based in a lack of mental discipline. He changed the environment with a good system AND discipline. How many OC's have we been through since Fisher took over? How many DC's? The man is in over his head. Period. I thought you knew that but apparently your memory is a bit foggy recently.
I like Del Rio, and RR I'm not making excuses for CJF either, but it is a double standard whether you or anyone else wants to admit it or not.

By the way my memory is fine, it's more of a waffle that fits the narrative because of the winning record. If one aspect of the environment in Raider Nation has clearly changed, is the lack of effective discipline, which clearly took a turn for the worse in Sunday's game setting a new NFL record high for penalties assessed in an NFL game after already leading the league in penalties.

Del Rio has been lucky to say the least, that talent he has on the field, and the lower end of teams he has faced so far, have been wins in his favor by winning games by 1 point (With 12 penalties for 93 yards), by 1 point (With 14 penalties for 141 yards), & in OT (With 23 penalties for 200 yards).

Now I might give Del Rio a little more grace had he been the one to select Derek Carr to put in place the talent that is making the difference on the field right now that is overcoming those penalties in those 3 games, but Del Rio inherited Carr when he came to the Raiders.

Bottom line, the Raiders in regulation, have concluded half of their six wins by a total of 2 points while committing 49 penalties for 434 yards in those same three games.

In stead of 6-2, the Raiders could very easily be 3-5 if the talent wasn't able to overcome all those penalties, and then the narrative would be completely different then it is now.

That's the reality.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Del Rio, and RR I'm not making excuses for CJF either, but it is a double standard whether you or anyone else wants to admit it or not.

By the way my memory is fine, it's more of a waffle that fits the narrative because of the winning record. If one aspect of the environment in Raider Nation has clearly changed, is the lack of effective discipline, which clearly took a turn for the worse in Sunday's game setting a new NFL record high for penalties assessed in an NFL game after already leading the league in penalties.

Del Rio has been lucky to say the least, that talent he has on the field, and the lower end of teams he has faced so far, have been wins in his favor by winning games by 1 point (With 12 penalties for 93 yards), by 1 point (With 14 penalties for 141 yards), & in OT (With 23 penalties for 200 yards).

Now I might give Del Rio a little more grace had he been the one to select Derek Carr to put in place the talent that is making the difference on the field right now that is overcoming those penalties in those 3 games, but Del Rio inherited Carr when he came to the Raiders.

Bottom line, the Raiders in regulation, have concluded half of their six wins by a total of 2 points while committing 49 penalties for 434 yards in those same three games.

In stead of 6-2, the Raiders could very easily be 3-5 if the talent wasn't able to overcome all those penalties, and then the narrative would be completely different then it is now.

That's the reality.

The Raiders are winning and we(once again)are not...Isn't that the most important reality? If they can commit penalties and still win, good for them!!! However our team commits penalties and loses, much bigger problem...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders are winning and we(once again)are not...Isn't that the most important reality? If they can commit penalties and still win, good for them!!! However our team commits penalties and loses, much bigger problem...
I wasn't comparing the two teams, I was comparing the narrative of what constitutes a 'good coach' in comparison to what I read here in the past regarding penalties.

Del Rio is a fine young coach who has been fortunate that his lack discipline effectiveness has not affected his teams chances this year.

I don't believe you can have it both ways, it is either a non-issue, or it is a pillar of a 'good coach'. It can't be both just because it fits your argument.