• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it looks like it. Makes me mad we might have to burn the 15th pick on a unknown QB that probably won't be able to beat out Keenum.... Ugh!! That's why I would rather get Manning for one year. Then you can get a stud WR or OT with the 15th pick. God they were saying on NFL network yesterday the Rams might trade up for a QB.... Noooo!!!

Based on last year's stats, Keenum is better than Peyton. Why step backwards just for name recognition?

Keenum: 6 games, 76-125 (60.8%), 828 yards (6.62/att), 4 TD, 1 INT, 1 FUM, 47.7 QBR, 87.7 RAT
Peyton: 10 games, 198-331 (59.8%), 2249 yards (6.8/att), 9 TD, 17 INT, 1 FUM, 45.0 QBR, 67.9 RAT

Factor in that Peyton gets to throw to Demariyus Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders behind a better OL and was on a super bowl winning team and the gap actually widens. For all Peyton's supposed passing acuity, he only averaged .2 yards/attempt more than Keenum and was a turnover MACHINE.

Give Keenum real weapons to throw to and he'll be a better option than Peyton this year. We all saw supposedly healthy Peyton in the post season; his arm is shot.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they will find a way to keep Jenks in the end.... They placed the secondary at the top of the list to re sign.
The offer would have put him around the 15th highest paid CB. If someone wants to pay more than $9 per year, God bless. If not I would think the Rams may up it slightly so the players can save face.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford agrees to two-year, $36M Eagles deal

I think some of yous have some crow to eat and owe Coug some props. (And you all know who you are)

Not that I agree that it will all turn out roses mind you, but Coug called it, and some of yous really slammed him for it.

Now as it turns out, it wasn't Fisher, nor Kelly but yet another HC seeing SB's value at QB that Coug has been stating all along.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think some of yous have some crow to eat and owe Coug some props. (And you all know who you are)

Not that I agree that it will all turn out roses mind you, but Coug called it, and some of yous really slammed him for it.

Now as it turns out, it wasn't Fisher, nor Kelly but yet another HC seeing SB's value at QB that Coug has been stating all along.

:poke:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on last year's stats, Keenum is better than Peyton. Why step backwards just for name recognition?

Keenum: 6 games, 76-125 (60.8%), 828 yards (6.62/att), 4 TD, 1 INT, 1 FUM, 47.7 QBR, 87.7 RAT
Peyton: 10 games, 198-331 (59.8%), 2249 yards (6.8/att), 9 TD, 17 INT, 1 FUM, 45.0 QBR, 67.9 RAT

Factor in that Peyton gets to throw to Demariyus Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders behind a better OL and was on a super bowl winning team and the gap actually widens. For all Peyton's supposed passing acuity, he only averaged .2 yards/attempt more than Keenum and was a turnover MACHINE.

Give Keenum real weapons to throw to and he'll be a better option than Peyton this year. We all saw supposedly healthy Peyton in the post season; his arm is shot.

Good points. All those INT killed his QB rating. That's fine sticking with Keenum.... I just don't want them spending a 1st rd pick on a QB. Get a WR in the first then TE and a center in the second. Unless they get one in FA. But it's hard to see more then 7 wins with Keenum as a starter. Maybe a combo of them to keep Manning fresh.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually thought he would get more but that is still a lot of money. I think he gave the Eagles somewhat of a break because I'm sure he could have got more on the open market especially with Cousins off the market. It's a smart move though he will be a FA at the age of 30 to cash in again.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What exactly did Coug call?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His value to other NFL teams Zekie poo. Where is you didn't think he had any ... :2cents: :nono: I can here it now though... No one else would have paid him but the Eagles :L

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure you are lumping me in there? Sorry but he didn't call Jack Shit. I even think the Eagles were smart to resign him, because there really are NO options out there. his salary puts him middle of the pack for QB's, but that's mainly because other QB's signed years ago, and salaries have gone up since then! Coug also thought Sammie was worth the $25 million he was asking for?
Coug also thinks that there would have been a Hugh demand for him with other teams, that's just not true, most teams are set, and the others that are not would be better off signing the FA QB they currently have!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His value to other NFL teams Zekie poo. Where is you didn't think he had any ... :2cents: :nono: I can here it now though... No one else would have paid him but the Eagles :L

Get off it Coug, if other teams were clamoring for him he would not have signed this deal with he Eagles. Why would he want to play for the Eagles, their wR led league in drops, their offensive line sucks, their defense sucks so the offense has to overcome to much! Why not wait for some other "better" team to blow him away with a better deal? The options at QB aren't out there, and $18 mil is the going rate for QB's any more, so this deal proves nothing other than the QB position is lacking quality any more and teams continue to overpay for average players!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you are lumping me in there? Sorry but he didn't call Jack Shit. I even think the Eagles were smart to resign him, because there really are NO options out there. his salary puts him middle of the pack for QB's, but that's mainly because other QB's signed years ago, and salaries have gone up since then! Coug also thought Sammie was worth the $25 million he was asking for?
Coug also thinks that there would have been a Hugh demand for him with other teams, that's just not true, most teams are set, and the others that are not would be better off signing the FA QB they currently have!

Vita you didn't actually think they would man up did you?? I never said he was worth 25 million a year. I said that was a good starting point since the franchise tag was 20 million. Of course you're going to come down from that.

I guarantee if he would hit the open market Chip Kelly would've been all over him. That's probably why they haven't decided what to do with Kap yet. The Browns and Houston would've definitely been in play too. I think Denver would've made a good run at him too. Stop kidding your self he has talent and that's why he keeps getting paid. And he will again in 2 years.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yah ... so they signed him.... so what??
He's never done anything! .....Never sniffed the playoffs and probably never will! Like I said before, he is a cancer with his big salary/injuries and always will be as long as there is a GM that is willing to shell out $$ to this cheese dick of a qb! .....There I said it! I feel better now!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its actually a one year deal. He has to prove his worth or get the hell out, The second year is an option... Philly was afraid of being left with no one behind center, so they had to overpay...Cougar said Bradford would be among the higest paid QB's in the NFL after this offseason, he isn't...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember him saying he would get somewhere around $20M. So, $18M is not out of the ballpark, also said there were HC's not named Fisher or Kelly who are interested, so now we add Pederson to the mix.

I wouldn't make a point of it, but many of yous gave the man grief way too much grief about his opinions. So IMO, time to eat some crow.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cougar said Bradford would be among the highest paid QB's in the NFL after this offseason, he isn't...
Yes he did, but he also backed off that by season's end and caught a lot of crap regarding his opinions when Sam entered FA talks.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did, but he also backed off that by season's end and caught a lot of crap regarding his opinions when Sam entered FA talks.

I don't remember him backing off of anything... He came here month after month telling us Bradford would be one of the highest paid QB's, so he was wrong...He's not even in the top 10...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, this is basically a one year try out contract because of a lack of other options. If Bradford plays like he did this past year, he'll be gone so fast his head will spin!!!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita you didn't actually think they would man up did you?? I never said he was worth 25 million a year. I said that was a good starting point since the franchise tag was 20 million. Of course you're going to come down from that.

I guarantee if he would hit the open market Chip Kelly would've been all over him. That's probably why they haven't decided what to do with Kap yet. The Browns and Houston would've definitely been in play too. I think Denver would've made a good run at him too. Stop kidding your self he has talent and that's why he keeps getting paid. And he will again in 2 years.

And you "guarantee" Kelly would have been all over him. Ya , it worked out so well for him last year! if other teams would have wanted him that bad, then Sammy would not have signed this deal, he would have gone to the highest bidder, that's what Sammy does, it's all about the money for this dickweed. Denver is way better off with Brock, he at least has proven to be a winner, you are the one that needs to stop kidding yourself! Keep hanging onto the Sammy dream though, maybe he will have a winning season, then you can tell us all, "see, I told you so". But even then it won't prove anything, the more years he plays his chances increase that he could possibly have a winning season, I mean the odds are the more chances you have, you just might throw one good year in there, keep believing Coug, it could happen, but as I said, if it does, the only thing it proves is that he stuck around long enough and it finally happened, doesn't discount the years he has failed, miserably!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, this is basically a one year try out contract because of a lack of other options. If Bradford plays like he did this past year, he'll be gone so fast his head will spin!!!

There's nothing like a good Sam Bradford conversation to spark a boring day of out of season conversation! Feel free to give Ole Coug a Pile O' POOP!