• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is going on in the league right now is simple supply and demand. This is a QB-driven league and when the Kirk Cousins, Sam Bradfords, and now Joe Flacco's of the world (who did win a Superbowl but since has had one of the worst TD/INT ratios; just got $40 million signing bonus) are getting $18-$20 million per year, the teams are paying for the position because everyone knows you go nowhere in the NFL without a QB. Just ask Rams fans.

These QBs are getting this insane money because the supply or what is still out there (Fitzpatrick, Ortweiller, etc) is so bad that teams are literally throwing money at garbage players who at least have game experience. There are still 5-6 teams without a legit QB who did not bite on this insanity and are taking their hopes to the draft.

This is why a total waste of QB like Bradford, who for $76 million guaranteed money is 25-37 as a starter is still getting paid. I guess the man is a true modern day entrepreneur at getting stupid white men with a lot of money to write him huge checks! Got to give him credit for hoodwinking a lot of people out of their money!

I do agree with what you say but the other part of it is no one is walking into Eagle camp and beating him out either.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An offense either clicks or it doesn't, if it does the QB is heralded as the best if it doesn't click the QB sucks...:noidea:

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess there are more stupid people in Philly then LA. :nono: Good luck because he hasn't done a thing. I'm glad he got paid, no hard feelings, I just don't want him under center for the Rams. Been there, done that.:nod:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree....
Had to think about what you were disagreeing on, because I'm certain you don't believe it will all turn out roses for Sam in Philly...

So, it's not that you disagree with my statement as much as you think I'm lying...

That's okay, disagree if you must, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's my whole point here.

This sounds like you are sucking up to ole Cougie Wougie!
I wouldn't call it sucking up as much as sticking up. Sometimes the mob mentality is strong here and I'd stand up for anyone of yous, you too zeke!

Just as a matter of reference, here is Coug's actual quote @LongtimeRamsFan42 where he backed off...

He'll probably get 18-20 a year which is middle of the NFL now.
The bottom line, there are plenty of QB's who have had success, like a ...
  • Josh Freeman
  • Matt Moore
  • Kevin Kobb
  • Ryan Tannehill
  • Jake Locker
  • Brandon Weedon
  • Mark Sanchez
  • Johnny Manziel
  • Matt Cassel
  • Robert Griffin
  • Tim Tebow
  • Nick Foles
  • Case Kneenum
  • Even the adored Austin Davis
None of those dudes, that I'm aware of, will be making $18M next season, now if SB was as bad as what I've heard from some here, why the hell is he not on this list?

Why?

I read RR's post, still doesn't answer why!

So why SB?

If I listen to some of you, it just doesn't add up.

So what gives?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to think about what you were disagreeing on, because I'm certain you don't believe it will all turn out roses for Sam in Philly...

So, it's not that you disagree with my statement as much as you think I'm lying...

That's okay, disagree if you must, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's my whole point here.

I wouldn't call it sucking up as much as sticking up. Sometimes the mob mentality is strong here and I'd stand up for anyone of yous, you too zeke!

Just as a matter of reference, here is Coug actual quote @LongtimeRamsFan42 where he backed off...

• Josh Freeman
  • Matt Moore
  • Kevin Kobb
  • Ryan Tannehill
  • Jake Locker
  • Brandon Weedon
  • Mark Sanchez
  • Johnny Manziel
  • Matt Cassel
  • Robert Griffin
  • Tim Tebow
  • Nick Foles
  • Case Kneenum
None of those dudes, that I'm aware of, will be making $18M next season, now if SB was as bad as what I'm heard from some here, why the hell is he not on this list?

Why?

So why SB?

If I listen to some of you it just doesn't add up.

So what gives?

Thanks Vita. my memory is crap i would have never found that.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just as a matter of reference, here is Coug actual quote @LongtimeRamsFan42 where he backed off...

• Josh Freeman
  • Matt Moore
  • Kevin Kobb
  • Ryan Tannehill
  • Jake Locker
  • Brandon Weedon
  • Mark Sanchez
  • Johnny Manziel
  • Matt Cassel
  • Robert Griffin
  • Tim Tebow
  • Nick Foles
  • Case Kneenum
None of those dudes, that I'm aware of, will be making $18M next season, now if SB was as bad as what I've heard from some here, why the hell is he not on this list?

Why?

So why SB?

If I listen to some of you, it just doesn't add up.

So what gives?

Kirk Cousins is making more than he is right? How much NFL success has he had? The fact that Cousins has had ONE moderately successful year and Sam has been starting for over half a decade and making less???? Nuff said...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins is making more than he is right? How much NFL success has he had? The fact that Cousins has had ONE moderately successful year and Sam has been starting for over half a decade and making less???? Nuff said...
Still doesn't answer the question LTRF.

Why does Sam, who would have been a FA in about a week, get a one year $18M prove it deal?

Why is he not on that list?

As far as Cousins goes, he deserved the Franchise Tag. The Franchise Tag is more than the Transition Tag and right about what SB got except Philly locked SB in for two years.

Again, I don't want him back. I just think he is undervalued in the minds and hearts of many Rams fans and rightly so. Still doesn't justify singling out an individual poster, nor questioning his manhood, his sanity, or piling on with negative ratings with every counter argument just because he doesn't agree with the majority.

Many here squawked at Coug's idea that SB had trade value as a Ram, then he was traded away for a QB in return and picks and we were able to dump his salary. Then it was just crazy Fisher and even crazier Kelly who would want him, and now we can add Pederson to the list. And last, Coug said he would go for $18M and nailed it.

So in other words, this is for whomever is man enough to admit it ...

300802d1360010756-surveyor-tim-pitts-not-recommended-eat-crow.jpg

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still doesn't answer the question LTRF.

Why does Sam, who would have been a FA in about a week, get a one year $18M prove it deal?

Why is he not on that list?

As far as Cousins goes, he deserved the Franchise Tag. The Franchise Tag is more than the Transition Tag and right about what SB got except Philly locked SB in for two years.

Again, I don't want him back. I just think he is undervalued in the minds and hearts of many Rams fans and rightly so. Still doesn't justify singling out an individual poster, nor questioning his manhood, his sanity, or piling on with negative ratings with every counter argument just because he doesn't agree with the majority.

Many here squawked at Coug's idea that SB had trade value as a Ram, then he was traded away for a QB in return and picks and we were able to dump his salary. Then it was just crazy Fisher and even crazier Kelly who would want him, and now we can add Pederson to the list. And last, Coug said he would go for $18M and nailed it.

So in other words, this is for whomever is man enough to admit it ...

View attachment 94381

Again, I disagree, if he REALLY thought he had value, he would've waited to become a free agent for a "bidding war"...He didn't do that, which means the Eagles were desperate. Again, Bradford isn't one of the top paid QB's like was claimed, nor did he get the long term deal that was claimed...How would you and the others like your crow? fried or baked?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I disagree, if he REALLY thought he had value, he would've waited to become a free agent for a "bidding war"...He didn't do that, which means the Eagles were desperate. Again, Bradford isn't one of the top paid QB's like was claimed, nor did he get the long term deal that was claimed...How would you and the others like your crow? fried or baked?

BTW...Baked comes out a bit more tender, might enjoy it more :D

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Making less? I'm guessing Sam has more in his bank account then Cousins. And technically sam got 22m guaranteed to Cousins 20m. It's funny now you guys are complaining the guy doesn't make enough money when it use to be he made to much? lol

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully, I don't even know why this loser is still a damn topic on our board...Never made the playoffs. a horribly losing record as a starter, brittle as can be and doesn't play for our team...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully, I don't even know why this loser is still a damn topic on our board...Never made the playoffs. a horribly losing record as a starter, brittle as can be and doesn't play for our team...
Durability alone is enough reason for me to keep looking elsewhere or to stick with Case and develop Sean.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making less? I'm guessing Sam has more in his bank account then Cousins. And technically sam got 22m guaranteed to Cousins 20m. It's funny now you guys are complaining the guy doesn't make enough money when it use to be he made to much? lol

Oh so its about how much he made in the past and not what he makes now? Nope, Cousins makes more, PERIOD, but nice try...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durability alone is enough reason for me to keep looking elsewhere or to stick with Case and develop Sean.

Now THAT makes sense...Though I'm not sure I agree with the Case part :suds: lol

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm guessing he didn't want to be a 49er and no one wants to go to Cleveland. That leaves Houston so maybe he just wanted to get something done and the Eagles gave him a fair deal that works for the team as well. Any QB that starts in this league for a half a decade and gets starters pay has value.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing he didn't want to be a 49er and no one wants to go to Cleveland. That leaves Houston so maybe he just wanted to get something done and the Eagles gave him a fair deal that works for the team as well. Any QB that starts in this league for a half a decade and gets starters pay has value.

Again, you're guessing...Bradford has proven time and again that it's all about the money and if he thought he'd make more elsewhere, he'd go in a millisecond. The team, city, situation doesn't matter to him, its about money. He and his agent figured out that Philly was desperate and could squeeze the most out of them, so they did...

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling he didn't want to go to the 49ers and get pummeled in Chips system again. Not to mention they are a mess.

Yet you say the lack of WR and oline in Philly is keeping him from greatness, you are unbelievable Coug!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gee I thought everybody wanted him? And that's the thing with you Coug, your just guessing, sometimes your going to be right when you do that, but read the article again, it is dead on about Bradford!