• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford agrees to two-year, $36M Eagles deal

I think some of yous have some crow to eat and owe Coug some props. (And you all know who you are)

Not that I agree that it will all turn out roses mind you, but Coug called it, and some of yous really slammed him for it.

Now as it turns out, it wasn't Fisher, nor Kelly but yet another HC seeing SB's value at QB that Coug has been stating all along.

I disagree....This sounds like you are sucking up to ole Cougie Wougie!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember him backing off of anything... He came here month after month telling us Bradford would be one of the highest paid QB's, so he was wrong...He's not even in the top 10...

There are so many QB's better than him right now making less money, but when their payday comes, they will blow by him, that's how it works, he's still bottom tier QB, regardless of how much he's making!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cougie Wougie Oogie!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many QB's better than him right now making less money, but when their payday comes, they will blow by him, that's how it works, he's still bottom tier QB, regardless of how much he's making!

Not on the Rams.... :clap:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not on the Rams.... :clap:

And that's all you got? It's questionable if Bradford is better than Keenum, they both have the same amount of success, (NONE) the only difference is Sammy has played longer!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its actually a one year deal. He has to prove his worth or get the hell out, The second year is an option... Philly was afraid of being left with no one behind center, so they had to overpay...Cougar said Bradford would be among the higest paid QB's in the NFL after this offseason, he isn't...

If you want to look at it that way. It's a one year deal worth 22m. That's what he would get if they cut him next year. I guess sam wasn't that far off the 25 million... There is also 4m im incentives that he can make which would total 40 million.

Last edited:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the article Coug and actually take in the words, this is what Sam Bradford is, everyone seems to see it but you!

By any measure, Sam Bradford was a huge disappointment last season, his first in Philly. But it won't be his last; the Eagles signed the quarterback to a two-year contract, the team announced. And according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, it's worth $36 million, including $26 million guaranteed.

It's no surprise Bradford remains in Philadelphia; Eagles executive Howie Roseman confirmed the team's interest in re-signing the quarterback last month.

"We've all been clear that we like Sam, and we'd like to have him back. It goes then between all of us and whether we can figure something out that makes sense on both sides," Roseman said at the time. "Sometimes we get into a situation where we sit here and it will make sense from the team's perspective but when you're talking about a negotiation, it's also got to work for the other side and the player, and we understand that.

"But hopefully this will all work out and we'll look at that depth chart when we line up here in July and be really excited about the position."

Well, it has worked out. Whether the Eagles have reason to be excited about the position is another matter.

Sam Bradford will be the Eagles' quarterback in 2016. (USATSI)

For an idea of just how uninspiring Bradford was a season ago, consider this: According to Football Outsiders' metrics, Bradford, the first-overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, ranked 24th in total value among all passers, behind the likes of Brian Hoyer, Brock Osweiler and Josh McCown. Silver lining? Bradford ranked ahead of about-to-be-released Johnny Manziel and released-for-oversleeping Ryan Mallett.

There's also this:

Combined w/$78M rookie contract, Bradford will have made $114M through 9 seasons after new 2-yr @Eagles deal.25-37-1 as starter. No playoffs

— Alex Marvez (@alexmarvez) March 1, 2016
Perhaps the most predictable thing to come of all this: The reaction from Eagles' fans.

@AdamSchefter pic.twitter.com/nNL7pQjn6t

— Charlie Ricker (@Charlie_Ricker) March 1, 2016
@AdamSchefter pic.twitter.com/K1nN2wQDfj

— LeDrew's Brew (@drubov) March 1, 2016
@AdamSchefter pic.twitter.com/sjn3UBv79m

— Clayton (@19Yanks23) March 1, 2016
@AdamSchefter pic.twitter.com/WwrMik6J92

— Bjorn (@BjornOn) March 1, 2016
In fact, apparently Bradford can't even believe it.

@AdamSchefter pic.twitter.com/l1ptpkvfP7

— - (@ShogunAyub13) March 1, 2016
But this doesn't mean the Eagles are sold on Bradford in the long term; CBSSports.com's Pete Prisco writes that the new deal is "a hint into funny-money season that comes next week. Loads of cap room, not enough good players." But Prisco adds, "Two-year deal for Bradford means the Eagles could still be drafting [a quarterback]. I hear they want one in this draft."

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get off it Coug, if other teams were clamoring for him he would not have signed this deal with he Eagles. Why would he want to play for the Eagles, their wR led league in drops, their offensive line sucks, their defense sucks so the offense has to overcome to much! Why not wait for some other "better" team to blow him away with a better deal? The options at QB aren't out there, and $18 mil is the going rate for QB's any more, so this deal proves nothing other than the QB position is lacking quality any more and teams continue to overpay for average players!

Right Smed if the Eagles wouldn't have signed him I guess he would have had to retire. Because no other team would possibly want him. :L You still! Way under value what NFL people think of his talent. I guarantee you if Fisher called the Eagles right now and offered them both of our second round picks they would tell him to jump off a bridge and look for a QB on the way down. They obviously don't think anyone is better than him in this draft.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to look at it that way. It's a one year deal worth 22m. That's what he would get if they cut him next year. I guess sam wasn't that far off the 25 million... There is also 4m im incentives that he can make which would total 40 million.

Here we go with the IF's again with this guy....My point stands, he makes 18 mil this year on a "tryout" basis, NOT top 10 QB money like you GUARANTEED over and over and over...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His value to other NFL teams Zekie poo. Where is you didn't think he had any ... :2cents: :nono: I can here it now though... No one else would have paid him but the Eagles :L

If other teams were valuing him, he would've been smart to wait until next week and let the competition drive up his value. So, either there wasn't a lot of interest elsewhere, or he isn't the brightest bulb (or his agent isn't).

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go with the IF's again with this guy....My point stands, he makes 18 mil this year on a "tryout" basis, NOT top 10 QB money like you GUARANTEED over and over and over...

What Ifs? He's guaranteed 22m. So if its a prove it deal like you say its 22m for 2016. how many QB's make more then that? Im pretty sure they know what they have in him, thats a lot of money.

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If other teams were valuing him, he would've been smart to wait until next week and let the competition drive up his value. So, either there wasn't a lot of interest elsewhere, or he isn't the brightest bulb (or his agent isn't).

I have a feeling he didn't want to go to the 49ers and get pummeled in Chips system again. Not to mention they are a mess.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Ifs? He's guaranteed 22m. So if its a prove it deal like you say its 22m for 2016. how many QB's make more then that?

Oh wow, OK so if he gets cut like the loser he's proven to be so far in his career, he'll make an extra 4 mil next year. So he'll have ONE year making top ten money(because of a screw off bonus). That's REALLY something to be proud of!!! WOW,

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling he didn't want to go to the 49ers and get pummeled in Chips system again. Not to mention they are a mess.

Do you know anything about football? Chips system SAVED him from being killed, not the other way around. Quick short passes to get the ball out fast so he doesn't get hit

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know anything about football? Chips system SAVED him from being killed, not the other way around. Quick short passes to get the ball out fast so he doesn't get hit

It didn't seem to work. he got pummeled with a concussion.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I see...It was the fault of the system :crazy: I forgot, its always everyone elses fault, but never his right?

I didn't say that. but don't act like he never took a shot because of the system. He took many.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say that. but don't act like he never took a shot because of the system. He took many.

Sorry, but that's such a ridiculous thing to say...Every damn QB takes hits, this is the NFL, not pattycake...Most of the hits he takes are his own fault. Why? indecision...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is going on in the league right now is simple supply and demand. This is a QB-driven league and when the Kirk Cousins, Sam Bradfords, and now Joe Flacco's of the world (who did win a Superbowl but since has had one of the worst TD/INT ratios; just got $40 million signing bonus) are getting $18-$20 million per year, the teams are paying for the position because everyone knows you go nowhere in the NFL without a QB. Just ask Rams fans.

These QBs are getting this insane money because the supply or what is still out there (Fitzpatrick, Osweiller, etc) is so bad that teams are literally throwing money at garbage players who at least have game experience. Nobody wants to go into a preseason without a QB. There are still 5-6 teams without a legit QB who did not bite on this insanity and are taking their hopes to the draft.

This is why a total waste of QB like Bradford, who for $76 million guaranteed money is 25-37 as a starter is still getting paid. I guess the man is a true modern day entrepreneur at getting stupid white men with a lot of money to write him huge checks! Got to give him credit for hoodwinking a lot of people out of their money!

Last edited: