• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just deal with the truth! :lol:

This is just a bunch of hindsight hooey Smed. These hindsight articles like the one you've posted here is just a bunch speculative crap.

And you're the guy giving grief to others over the validity of Pro Football Focus stats and calling this garbage 'the truth'. :L

Let's face it, the top picks or so for any team in the last year of the previous CBA (2010) was fools gold.
Every player in the top rounds of the 2010 draft basically cost teams involved more than double for the same caliber of player in 2011 drafted in the same spot.

We really couldn't trade out of the pick either. It's not the way it was done at that time because the cost of the top picks hit the cap too hard.

So it was really Bradford or Suh, pretty much.

Had we picked Suh, I don't think we pick up Quinn. Who knows, we probably don't pick up Fisher without Sam, and for all the griping about Fisher's .500 seasons, it was a far cry than what we got the previous 5 years.

I'll remind you all, the five years prior to Jeff Fisher's tenure, the Rams had the worst record over a 5 year period for ANY professional franchise OF ALL TIME for ANY team of the 4 major sports.

WORST OF ALL TIME!

And if we didn't get Jeff, I don't know who we would have chosen as our HC. Maybe we would have hired Joe Philbin. Joe took over a team that won it's division just 3 years prior to his hire and now he sits by waiting for his phone to ring.

That nasty defense we currently have, probably doesn't exist. Who knows, we might have a QB, but I don't know if AJ Feeley and Pat Shumur don't at least get enough wins in 2010 to screw us out of the No. 1 pick in 2011, and maybe we even end up past the tenth pick and miss on Gabbert, maybe we even miss out on Ponder to select as our Franchise QB. :eek:

Honestly, we don't even know if Sam comes in the running for his second Heisman, instead of the eventual winner in Cam Newton in 2010 either. Maybe Cam goes somewhere between 2-8 as the second QB drafted.

Sam was in a good system at OU and who knows how that plays out in 2010 if he stays. Especially with all the BS of pay for Cam going around, and Sam's clean cut image in college. Putting him behind Cam in the 2011 draft is pure speculation on the authors part.

You gotta love these pure speculation articles with these hindsight scenarios.

Might as well go to the corner liquor store on the bad side of town, and let this guy tell you all about it. :wtf:

Hooey huh? Im thinking this article is pretty dead on, you think the highlighted parts are hooey, was 2009 and 2011stronger years for QB's?, was Sammie pretty much the only good option in 2010? whether or not Sammie would have been the number 1 pick in 2011 is questionable? so what part of that article was not true?

As far as the Ben Mallard piece, he is also dead on, Bradford has Never done anything to prove that he is anything more than an average QB, and that's at best!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has also been reported that Philly offered Bradford a 4 year $72 million dollar contract. Sammie just keeps proving what a Dick he is. Rams gave him a shot in the NFL, paid him a ridiculous amount of money and kept sticking with him, but being the ego maniac and me me me type player that he is, he wouldn't take a pay cut like some players have, and reward the Rams in having faith in him.
Pulled the same Dick move with Philly, they took a chance on him, offered him $18 mil a year, but that's not good enough!
On top of asking for $25 million, he is a loser as his NFL career has proven!!!
here let me add this before you do Coug, Why would he take a pay cut, would you? :bullshit::kissass:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@27mtrcougar

Why you avoiding this thread man? Seems this is where all the Sam Bradford talk should be. Go check out the opinions of your MVPuddwhacker

Sam Bradford asking for 25M yearly

Thanks SJ, I don't really venture outside the Ram page much! I "almost" got Coug Giddy with all the Sammy slamming, but than I realized that we are all wrong about Sammie and the handful of Sammie lovers are the ones that are right, because Sammies body of work is proof of his greatness, we just aren't seeing it!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Sam's voice must be one of the four...:D

we better watch out with the Samie bashing, Coug may find out where we live and the voice saying Redrum may take over!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee over the past two weeks while watching the playoffs they keep referring that Denver has the #1 defense in the league? I can't tell you how many times I've heard it, because it's been numerous times! Yet there are those of you on here that kept telling me that the Ram defense wasn't ranked in the middle of the pack, yes when ranking defense they usually rank them by yards given up!
So no, it's not that the stats just "default" to total yards as someone claimed!
For those of you that don't believe it, you are the same ones that believe Sammie is a better than average QB

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee over the past two weeks while watching the playoffs they keep referring that Denver has the #1 defense in the league? I can't tell you how many times I've heard it, because it's been numerous times! Yet there are those of you on here that kept telling me that the Ram defense wasn't ranked in the middle of the pack, yes when ranking defense they usually rank them by yards given up!
So no, it's not that the stats just "default" to total yards as someone claimed!
For those of you that don't believe it, you are the same ones that believe Sammie is a better than average QB

What are you talking about Denver does have the best defense this year?? They also have a solid running game and a quarterback back that can audible and keep the chains moving so they don't go three and out 7 times a game like the Rams which wears out the defense and gives them no hope. Their defense stays fresh even in high altitude.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omg!! All the talk today is how Tom Brady's O Line didn't give him the protection he was hurried so many times and knocked down etc. Are you kidding me! Poor Tom Tom . welcome to Bradford's every game. A 56 quarterback rating for Tom this weekend. Why is it when this happens to Sam no mention of his O Line being shitty it's just always on him.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See how Tom and the Patriots play with out taping the other teams walk through and with a fully inflated ball? :D

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about Denver does have the best defense this year?? They also have a solid running game and a quarterback back that can audible and keep the chains moving so they don't go three and out 7 times a game like the Rams which wears out the defense and gives them no hope. Their defense stays fresh even in high altitude.

I'm talking about that they "do" have the #1 defense, while others go by points given up, but the "official NFL stats" rank defense by yards given up! People have argued with me about that, but the rankings go by yards given up. And Manning has not played that well, the defense is getting them where they are now!
Keep using the poor offense as an excuse for the defense Coug, elite defenses shut the offense down and get off the field, they don't give up big play after big play!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug is hearing voices again..

Field-of-Dreams-Movie-Review.jpg

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See how Tom and the Patriots play with out taping the other teams walk through and with a fully inflated ball? :D

Hey that is how you beat good QBs. Hit them over and over and over. Brady got hit around 23 times yesterday. That Denver D is stout.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about that they "do" have the #1 defense, while others go by points given up, but the "official NFL stats" rank defense by yards given up! People have argued with me about that, but the rankings go by yards given up. And Manning has not played that well, the defense is getting them where they are now!
Keep using the poor offense as an excuse for the defense Coug, elite defenses shut the offense down and get off the field, they don't give up big play after big play!

The Rams defense showed many times this season that they were a top-five defense in the NFL. But over A course of a season if the offense is continuously going three and out and can't score it's going to wear down the defense. Dah. Not to mention it's a little nicer knowing Peyton Manning Will be coming back on the field on your offense vs a back up in case Keenum. If you really don't think three and outs make a difference that's just crazy it wears out the D keeps them on the field which means more injuries shortens careers which causes them to lose money... it all adds up.