• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is, there according to Fisher there were no other offers where we would receive a starting QB in return and Fisher wasn't going to go that route, so basically there were no other viable (To Fisher) trade options.

This is correct. There was supposedly one other offer on the table for Bradford. The Browns were offering their second first round pick for Bradford. Fisher/Snead wanted their first First Rounder, Browns refused to budge, deal over...I do believe they would've been ok with having no QB at that point, because they likely would've tried to flip our 2 #1's for Mariota

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that report had any legitimacy or was in crazy favor with picks going to the Browns, after the article we saw today about JF wanting Johnny Football in the draft. (On that note, I'm glad he took the BPA and Donald though!!)
I just think if that report was true, we had to be getting the raw end of the deal bc JF loves the dude. :nod:
Manizel would have played a year by the trade I think. Maybe the dew was off the rose.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is correct. There was supposedly one other offer on the table for Bradford. The Browns were offering their second first round pick for Bradford. Fisher/Snead wanted their first First Rounder, Browns refused to budge, deal over...I do believe they would've been ok with having no QB at that point, because they likely would've tried to flip our 2 #1's for Mariota
That would have been sweet.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting… Here is how the Rams breakdown on D

CB's
1. T. Johnson 87.2 that is Pro bowl level!!
2. JENKS 81.9 Above Avg Starter. The only thing i question here is Jenks usually covers the other teams top WR so I think you have to consider that.

Safety

R. McLeod 83.8 Above AVG Starter. we need to resign this guy!!
TJ McDonald 64.8 Against the run he was as strong as McLoed but struggles in pass coverage big time.

LB
M. Barron 72.7
JL55 35.6 I knew he was bad but this is alarming!! he is ranked 88th at LB.

DT

A. DONALD 98.9 Stud. We know this. the #! ranked player!!!!
N.Fairley 82.2 Above AVG Starter
M. BROCKERS 80.2 Above Avg Starter

DE
R. Quinn 83.3
W. HAYS 82.9 right behind Quinn but Quinn has been hurt all year but still this is very impressive
C. Long 54.5 very bad he won't be back next year.

Offense

T. Gurley81.6 the only light on offense.

our best Olinemen is actually G.Rynolds at 81 which is pretty good. Haverstein is 78.8 which is Avg.
Greg Robinson is really bad at 30.1 :L:L he can't pass or run block wtf
Barns is also very bad. 46.4

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sir.. Close game thru first half. Was back and forth. Chip just didn't run the ball. Demarco barely saw the field. Chip went for it on 4th and 1 with Ryan Matthews and they showed Demarco on the sideline.. AZ shut it down. It was a lot of garbage time in the 2nd half, but eagles had 4 turnovers and that was all she wrote.
:lol: The Eagles trailed all game except for a four minutes stretch after they tied it at 10, it still wasn't close!

What was it, four minutes later and it was 17 - 10 Cards?

And SJ, the Cards never looked back.

But just like you said, they went for it on that 4th and 1 and couldn't get it done, probably sent ole Chip a message about how his running game was going to do and along with the way they've been preforming all season, I can't blame him for throwing the ball all around the field.

Believe me, I am a lifelong PAC fan and I've had my fill of Chip, glad he is gone!

His tempo; run first, dink and dunk is deadly in college. Only difference, you can get away with running your QB as an option but with all the speed in the NFL it's just not an option in the NFL.

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would have been sweet.

Baded on the value charts, it makes sense...The 2nd pick is worth 2600, the 10th and 12th combined are 2550, throw in a lower round pick or a future pick, and you should have a deal

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baded on the value charts, it makes sense...The 2nd pick is worth 2600, the 10th and 12th combined are 2550, throw in a lower round pick or a future pick, and you should have a deal

well MM is hurt now and will miss the last two games. i don't know if he will ever hold up.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,889.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well MM is hurt now and will miss the last two games. i don't know if he will ever hold up.

Mularkey should just leave him on the sidelines these last two games. They have nothing to play for except for another high draft pick. That way, you don't risk another RGIII incident like what happened to him his rookie year.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: The Eagles trailed all game except for a four minutes stretch after they tied it at 10, it still wasn't close!

But just like you said, they went for it on that 4th and 1 and couldn't get it done, probably sent ole Chip a message about how his running game was going to do and along with the way they've been preforming all season, I can't blame him for throwing the ball all around the field.

Believe me, I am a lifelong PAC fan and I've had my fill of Chip, glad he is gone!

His tempo; run first, dink and dunk is deadly in college. Only difference, you can get away with running your QB as an option but with all the speed in the NFL it's just not an option in the NFL.

Yes it was within 1 score the entire 1st so to me that = within striking distance or pretty close. Doesn't matter really Chip has a good offense and it wears down defenses, but against good defenses he's lucky Bradford hasn't gotten hurt yet.

I think Washignton takes that division. Funny if they end up giving all those picks to the Rams and still win their division even without RG3 - the guy they gave all those picks up for.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still didn't answer my question about where you got your stats from. That's what I wanted to know because I couldn't figure out where you got those numbers. Football outsiders, as of last week, had the Rams ranked as the 7th best defense in football. Traditional stats have the Rams as 12th best, based on points-a more important indicator than yards in my opinion. And yes, you are correct in saying we have the 22nd best in terms of yards allowed. We live in a new era where traditional stats don't tell the whole story though and there are other ways to define a defense. People can either get with the times or be left behind. Your choice, but it seems like you think yards given up are the be all, end all of
defensive rankings.

So which is it, Smed? Do we have a good defense, which you have said, or are we mediocre- based off the stats you believe to be the true indicator. You can't have it both ways.

And you're right, you didn't say a good offense wouldn't help. That's on me.

In regards to Brees, I agree that it's a pipe dream he comes here. However, as the roster is currently constructed, he would make us a playoff team. I wouldn't expect him to put up his typical numbers, but we wouldn't have nearly as many three and outs as we have had this year and our QB play would be significantly better. Brees with Gurley & Austin (+one of the top WR's in the draft?) would be able to sustain drives and score more points.

Geeze, I didn't name call or act like an asshole in my response. Maybe it doesn't belong here!

Sorry 88, but if someone is going to call me a than, than maybe I would consider that person as being an asshole? I don't think I called you names, I did treat you like a child that needed to be taken by the hand and led through my pretty clear post, and if that offends you , my apolizes!
Do rankings mean everything? Absolutely not, Im only trying to get alot of you that think we have this elite defense, that that isn't true!. Based on stats, ya we are a average defense, do I think we have a better defense than the stats say, yes, do I think our defense should be playing better than it is, yes! Do I buy into the excuse that they are on the field to much because of our offense, yes it doesn't help, but at the same time as I keep saying, make a stop and get off the field! this defense is to good to be giving up long drives every game, and playing 2 good downs on defense then give up a big play, then play 2 good downs, and then give up a big play. I don't know if you watch all the games or not, ut that's what I'm seeing for the most part!

As far as where do I get my info, well since we are talking about the NFL, I go to NFL.com, pull up the rankings, Denver #1, Seattle #2, yet Seattle has given up fewer points. Sorry you can go to all these other sites you want, but the NFl goes by there site

Also it's easy to say this guy or that guy would make us a playoff contender, maybe, maybe not. Brees, like Bradford is not a mobile QB, you can't guarantee that he would survive behind this line anymore than Bradford could have, we don't have the receivers or TE that Brees has had over the years, or a guy like Sprouls catching passes out of the backfield! Now they are legitimate reasons as to why he might not work here? you and others use the well hes a HOF QB and he's proven he can do it as your reasoning. Well Manning has those same credentials do you think he would succeed here! I'm really nit hearing any good reasons why he would succeed here?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We continue and I guess always will go back and forth about Bradford. Bradford for Foles and a 2nd if Bradford played 8 games was maybe the best of both worlds. Could the Rams trust Bradford to stay healthy finally, no reason to think he would and Foles had 1 good year, could he have another, again no real reason to think he would or wouldn't. The 2nd rounder was the perk. Can Snead or Fisher make a good pick with that, again no reason to think they can but we will see. I'm glad Bradford is gone and don't care if Foles follows but to be sure, the Rams better get a QB that can move, use his head and read a defense or this time next year, we will have the same conversation.

Hmm, doesn't sound like Brees fits that criteria?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got on Pro Focus football a well respected rating system on all players in the NFL based on the current season. they break it down with Elite Status as only 3 QB's qualified for. Then Pro Bowl, Above Avg Starter, Avg Starter, Below Avg Starter, Back up, Below Replacement

TOP QB's RANKINGS

1. Big Ben 99.4 overall Elite status
2. C. Palmer 99.4 Elite
3. T. Brady 94.1 Elite status
4. C. Newton 87.1 Pro Bowl status
5. R. Wilson 87 Pro bowl status
6. A. Dalton 84.7 Above Avg Starter
7.D. Brees 83.5 Above Avg Starter
8. A. Rodgers 83 Above Avg Starter
9. D. Carr 82.1 Above Avg Starter

10. T. Tayler 81.9 Above Avg Starter
11. SAM BRADFORD 79.5 Above Avg Starter Yes Sam is ranked 11th in the NFL. Would be 10th but Tayler gets a lot of points for his running ability which does make sense.

33. Nick Foles 53.9 Below Replacment
K. Keenum 68 Avg Starter
A. Davis 72.2 Avg Starter Hey Smed I was wrong he's ranked higher then back up.

Sanchez 69.4 Avg Starter

Really a cool site breaks down match ups

Ya cool site that really means nothing, this is like saber metrics, well if this and that happened you could expect this to happen if it rains on Tuesday in October

You should automatically discredit it just for the Davis rating! , but you'll let it slide since it rates Bradford that high!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on LTR Coug said there were many offers and every team in the league wanted him, I have to go with Coug on this?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was a game that could have gone either way until the 2nd half?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on LTR Coug said there were many offers and every team in the league wanted him, I have to go with Coug on this?

don't worry boys this will be settled in the offseason… Sam is a FA so we will see if anyone wants him.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know things were fine on this Site until a certain someone came back from like a 3 month absence, then we all had to start reliving the Sammy nightmare!

This topic is a hot topic,and obviously I enjoy barbing with Coug,to a point! But maybe even any talk of Sammie should be banned from this board, I know it won't happen, but I'd be for it!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya cool site that really means nothing, this is like saber metrics, well if this and that happened you could expect this to happen if it rains on Tuesday in October

You should automatically discredit it just for the Davis rating! , but you'll let it slide since it rates Bradford that high!

seriously Davis is rated higher then expected. and this site seems very accurate what ever they are doing.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know things were fine on this Site until a certain someone came back from like a 3 month absence, then we all had to start reliving the Sammy nightmare!

This topic is a hot topic,and obviously I enjoy barbing with Coug,to a point! But maybe even any talk of Sammie should be banned from this board, I know it won't happen, but I'd be for it!

why we traded him for a guy who is riding the bench now. don't act like I'm the only one curious to see how bradfords doing.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't worry boys this will be settled in the offseason… Sam is a FA so we will see if anyone wants him.

Coug Sammy has played Ok this year, there may be a team out there that wants him, but I'm looking and I see SF, Rams, and Cleve, as the only teams really needing a QB. Manziel may play well enough the last 2 weeks that Cleveland lives with him, he is not coming back here, that leaves SF, I also don't see that happening, they are a bigger mess than we are?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why we traded him for a guy who is riding the bench now. don't act like I'm the only one curious to see how bradfords doing.

It's one thing to check in to see what he's doing, it's another to be so obsessed that you are blinded to actual reality!