• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.K. for the 1000th time. You can say just about anything on the major vent thread without any repercussions from me or Vita EXCEPT Name-calling either directly or implied. Names like "toddler, prick, asshole", and implied names from pictures like "dumb and dumber" are a violation of the SportsHoopla's TOS policy.

Knock it off those of you who consistently need to use names to bolster your points. I am going to leave up all posts as examples. Other than that, I think this discourse over the last ten pages is healthy for all of us because as Vita has already stated, WE ARE FRUSTRATED with another crappy year.

At the risk of being misunderstood, I'll state this: Well done everyone! You are in the right place for this sort of discourse and except for a couple of posts, you guys handled yourselves pretty darn well.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
500? well our defense is better and we have a stud RB so maybe better. at least we wouldn't have to be worried about getting a QB next year.

Ya we would, odds are he wasn't going to stay healthy behind this oline?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't remember the last time i saw Austin catch a pass down the field? I'm sure that hurts his rating. Murray hasn't played and has sucked when he has. you know this.

So you are telling me that if those 4 RB's were all available those three would be picked up before Murray? He may not ve having a good year, but that doesn't make those other guys better than him?
Murray has been very unhappy in Philly and it's all Sammies fault for talking him into coming there! Kelly has 3 quality backs that he has misused, and we all could see this disaster coming !

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are telling me that if those 4 RB's were all available those three would be picked up before Murray? He may not ve having a good year, but that doesn't make those other guys better than him?
Murray has been very unhappy in Philly and it's all Sammies fault for talking him into coming there! Kelly has 3 quality backs that he has misused, and we all could see this disaster coming !

I never said that? He hadn't played so he has a bad rating.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linebackers: James Laurinaitis, Rams (-7.2) and Will Compton, Washington (-5.7)

Laurinaitis is continuing his string of horrible games, as he’s now graded below -1.3 overall in his last eight games. If a blocker gets even a hand on him, it’s over, because he doesn’t even try to beat blocks. Just waits for the play to be over. He finished this game with only two defensive stops and a -6.2 run defense grade. Compton wasn’t great in the run game either, often blocked out of plays and finishing with just one defensive stop. He also missed three tackles, which isn’t great.

I guess PFF puts out the worst players of the week in every position. it seems JL55 makes the lineup quite often ugh

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya we would, odds are he wasn't going to stay healthy behind this oline?

You guys keep saying that he would get hurt but that is a complete guess. He has been pummeled this year. I think he was knocked down seven times last night. Took some Nasty shots but keeps getting up.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that? He hadn't played so he has a bad rating.

didn't say you did say that, I'm asking you more or less do you think those players are better than Murray and would you take them ahead of him if they were all available?
Thus the ratings don't really reflect how good a player really is? I'd take Murray over our 3 RB's , and would take Austin over Britt and Welker, so while these rankings might have some input on players, those rankings don't mean this player is better than that player

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys keep saying that he would get hurt but that is a complete guess. He has been pummeled this year. I think he was knocked down seven times last night. Took some Nasty shots but keeps getting up.

We keep saying that because we think that our oline is worse than the Eagles, we think our WR and TE aren't as good as the Eagles, and we think that is why he would be getting pummeled more with the Rams!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't say you did say that, I'm asking you more or less do you think those players are better than Murray and would you take them ahead of him if they were all available?
Thus the ratings don't really reflect how good a player really is? I'd take Murray over our 3 RB's , and would take Austin over Britt and Welker, so while these rankings might have some input on players, those rankings don't mean this player is better than that player

Again, you have to use common sense. Murray hasnt played much. The stats are how the player is playing this year. No I wouldn't take Murray over Gurley. But you would take Davis over Brees so I would just go by what PFF says if I was you.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We keep saying that because we think that our oline is worse than the Eagles, we think our WR and TE aren't as good as the Eagles, and we think that is why he would be getting pummeled more with the Rams!

Well I think I would have took my chances. He obviously is tougher then Foles poopy pants.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a game that could have gone either way until the 2nd half?
Never felt that for a minute! Bruce had his team throwing deep early and often because he knew, as well as most of us, that the Philly secondary was not up to the task and that he had the guys to convert.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never felt that for a minute! Bruce had his team throwing deep early and often because he knew, as well as most of us, that the Philly secondary was not up to the task and that he had the guys to convert.

So true.

Once among the top units in the league against the run, Billy Davis’ defense has fallen to 30th in both rushing yards allowed and yards per attempt. And against the pass, they aren’t much better. The Eagles have allowed 30 passing touchdowns through 14 games (29th in NFL), the same number Cary Williams, Bradley Fletcher and Nate Allen surrendered all of last season.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you have to use common sense. Murray hasnt played much. The stats are how the player is playing this year. No I wouldn't take Murray over Gurley. But you would take Davis over Brees so I would just go by what PFF says if I was you.

What is wrong with you? Ya, I realize those stats are based on this year! Ya I realize Murray hasn't played much this year! Again, as i have already stated the goof known as Kelly doesnt know how to use his running backs!
Nowhere was it said that anyone would take Murray over Gurley?, Gurley was not even in this conversation, but you went there, why, nobody knows?
Now im taking a chance at getting yelled at by someone else here, but stay with me Coug, We have 3 RB's that are ranked ahead of him, I would take Murray ahead of them, why, because he
is better than them!!!!!!! Doesn't matter what he has done this year, e us better than them, period!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is wrong with you? Ya, I realize those stats are based on this year! Ya I realize Murray hasn't played much this year! Again, as i have already stated the goof known as Kelly doesnt know how to use his running backs!
Nowhere was it said that anyone would take Murray over Gurley?, Gurley was not even in this conversation, but you went there, why, nobody knows?
Now im taking a chance at getting yelled at by someone else here, but stay with me Coug, We have 3 RB's that are ranked ahead of him, I would take Murray ahead of them, why, because he
is better than them!!!!!!! Doesn't matter what he has done this year, e us better than them, period!

Again stay with me... Common sense. Everyone knows Murry is better then those RB's but since he sucks this year he is ranked lower. Use common sense doesn't mean it's a bad system for ranking.

Last edited:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well as always your entitled to feel that way! I think that if Bradford was having such a good game there's no reason why he couldn't have kept up with Arizona scoring? It was tied and then they were only down one score at the half, sorry but as SJ stated that didn't keep Pittsburgh from coming back! Didn't keep Eli from bring the Giants from waaaaay back to tie it up.
Down by 1 score and you have the ball to open the second half, and you go 4 and out? They drive down and score tie the game up, i think you could say they were in the game, they didnt!
Doesn't that sound like a lot of our games?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again stay with me... Common sense.

Sorry, but that's not even a response, common sense for what? You don't know what to say so you throw that out there! Typical!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again stay with me... Common sense. Everyone knows Murry is better then those RB's but since he sucks this year he is ranked lower. Use common sense doesn't mean it's a bad system for ranking.

I see you had to edit your post after I had already questioned your total lack of a knowledgable response!

I get the fact he's ranked where he is because he has sucked this year, Hello! I also get that he has sucked this year because he isn't being used properly, that's what you are failing to grasp, among other things! I also get the fact that players can be better than there ranking, it's the same as the Rams defense, they are ranked 22nd, they are playing as an average team, but everyone knows that they are better then an average defense, they are just not playing up to what they should be!
It's the same with Murray being better than our 3 RbS that are ranked ahead of him. it's the same as Austin being better than Britt and Welker. Maybe a lot of these players( Murray, Austin ) stats and rankings would be higher if their coaches weren't such Putzs, but that's out of their hands, they are still better players than other ranked ahead of them!

But keep believing that it's Spot on!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a guide, some cases could and can be way off!