• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, Sammy was 10-10 for 120 yards and 3 TD's. Man that guy can make all the throws and looks great in preseason games!

Then the rush comes and he folds more quickly then a tent in a hurricane.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, Sammy was 10-10 for 120 yards and 3 TD's. Man that guy can make all the throws and looks great in preseason games!
Yes, I don't ever recall Sammie Boy ever throwing 3 TDs' in 3 drives in a Rams game, preseason or not but I get your point. I just hope the dude lasts 8 games.

So, did any of yous notice another QB's stats on the other side of the ball in that game?

In three quarters of play Brett Hundley threw for 22-31, 315 yds, 2TD's, Int. Brett actually had a better fantasy score of 23 FPTs than Bradford's perfect quarter + of 10-10, 121 yds and 3 TD's fantasy score of 22 FPTs!

So, why did we pass on Brett Hundley again?

:wtf:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I don't ever recall Sammie Boy ever throwing 3 TDs' in 3 drives in a Rams game, preseason or not but I get your point. I just hope the dude lasts 8 games.

So, did any of yous notice another QB's stats on the other side of the ball in that game?

In three quarters of play Brett Hundley threw for 22-31, 315 yds, 2TD's, Int. Brett actually had a better fantasy score of 23 FPTs than Bradford's perfect quarter + of 10-10, 121 yds and 3 TD's fantasy score of 22 FPTs!

We all know I don't like Bradford, but Vita, you didn't really just try to compare their numbers, Hundley threw 21 more passes than Sammy, I would hope his "fantasy" numbers would be better! And you call me an Austin Davis lover, I'm thinking you are showing a little more love for your boy!:)

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know I don't like Bradford, but Vita, you didn't really just try to compare their numbers, Hundley threw 21 more passes than Sammy, I would hope his "fantasy" numbers would be better! And you call me an Austin Davis lover, I'm thinking you are showing a little more love for your boy!:)
Dude is nearly as fast a MM Smed, (MM 4.52, BH 4.63, JW 4.97) but with much bigger hand size! He has a knack for the run option and shows a lot of leadership qualities on the field and in the huddle.

Yes, I'm gonna keep my eye on him, just like Junkie has with players we've passed on who could have made us better.

Maybe Mannion is that guy but we already have that same type of player in Case Kneenum. (That makes three very tall pocket passers with some decent accuracy & good size in Foles, Kneenum and Mannion)

Having a little diversity instead with the rookie QB spot we obviously would have given us more flexibility. In other words, Brett is sort of like your Davis in the way that they both can scramble around and take off, except Brett still has hope of being a starter one day in this league.

Besides the value was there as Hundley was projected to go in the second round and we could have picked him up in the late fourth.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I think Davis is headed to the PS or out the door. Fisher or maybe the OC favors Keenum over Davis. Hundley would look good in a Rams helmet.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is nearly as fast a MM Smed, (MM 4.52, BH 4.63, JW 4.97) but with much bigger hand size! He has a knack for the run option and shows a lot of leadership qualities on the field and in the huddle.

Yes, I'm gonna keep my eye on him, just like Junkie has with players we've passed on who could have made us better.

Maybe Mannion is that guy but we already have that same type of player in Case Kneenum. (That makes three very tall pocket

passers with some decent accuracy & good size in Foles, Kneenum and Mannion)

Having a little diversity instead with the rookie QB spot we obviously would have given us more flexibility. In other words, Brett is sort of like your Davis in the way that they both can scramble around and take off, except Brett still has hope of being a starter one day in this league.

Besides the value was there as Hundley was projected to go in the second round and we could have picked him up in the late fourth.

He may well turn out to be a good QB, but again preseason doesn't impress me at all! As far as projections go, I guess that meant nothing also! As far as him having a chance to start in the NFL, that is also questionable, he certainly won't be doing it in Green Bay anytime soon!
Whatever you do, please don't change your Avi, like Coug did!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may well turn out to be a good QB, but again preseason doesn't impress me at all! As far as projections go, I guess that meant nothing also! As far as him having a chance to start in the NFL, that is also questionable, he certainly won't be doing it in Green Bay anytime soon!
Whatever you do, please don't change your Avi, like Coug did!
Been there, done that....

Member this?

293x388.jpg

Yeah, I sported that one for awhile.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate to see Bradford outplay Foles but it would expose one thing...the Rams problems are not with it's players and hasn't been for four seasons.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley (whether he likes it or not) is in the best situation possible. He gets to learn from a really good qb and coach. I suspect for the worst case scenerio he becomes a matt flynn.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate to see Bradford outplay Foles but it would expose one thing...the Rams problems are not with it's players and hasn't been for four seasons.

Ten out of ten times you make that trade, no matters what Bradford does. Everyone needed a fresh start, plus we will get a second if he makes 8 games. :hope:

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis Rams: A Team Headed In The Right Direction... Slowly...

We all like to think we can see "The Big Picture". I try to discern what could happen around the next bend in life each day, and you do too. With the St. Louis Rams, I'm buying into this team in a big way, even after what anyone would call a so-so preseason thus far...

First, stop shaking your head! Second, after you read this, forget the notion I've hit the bar on this sunny Sunday afternoon. Unlike more than a few Rams fans to this point, I took the night to consider all I've seen so far of the 2015 St. Louis Rams. While this preseason thus far doesn't have me envisioning a seamless, all-pistons-firing team headed toward a guaranteed Super Bowl ride to Santa Clara, CA., I can all but guarantee this season for the Rams will be a sight to see. Here's why...

Nick Foles isn't the Nick Foles who ever took the field in Philadelphia; not in his rookie year, or in 2014. He's better. Yes, I said BETTER! There's something happening with Foles, and I think it has to do with the leadership light blinking to life in his soul. This guy is tougher than I ever thought, and the type of quarterback his teammates can believe in. I'm not bashing Sam Bradford here. I was - and still am - a fan of the lanky, injury scared former Oklahoma/St. Louis fan favorite. But while Bradford's arm may be stronger than Foles, I don't think he ever had what anyone would call amazing leadership qualities with his teammates. They all liked him, and what's not to like, right? Foles is a different cat altogether. Soft spoken when he arrived, he now has a tenor to his voice I love hearing.

Foles throws passes with more faith; to receivers he believes in. In a way, the Rams receiver corp and Foles are a perfect fit. They both haven't garnered much respect in the media, and are in the enviable position of benefiting from a lack of expectations. Every Rams receiver has the base talent to be in the NFL, but they've never been in a position to shine. Bradford relied on pin-point, "you-better-be-there", passes. Small catch windows in tight coverage were the norm. If a pass was completed, everyone hailed Bradford's accuracy. But life isn't accurate at all, and relying on it is a fools errand at best. Foles reads coverage, then throws to an option filled zone for his receivers. His passes have just enough arc on them to help receiver gain the position they need. Bradford throws a flatter ball, and will flourish in Philly - sans injury - due to a system which depends on a ball be in an EXACT place in each of his reads and check-down options.

When the Rams sort out their offensive line issues, and get their ground attack moving, Foles will flourish in a way stats won't explain...

The Rams' defense is showing signs of starting slow once again, but I'm not buying it. I truly believe defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is hiding the vast majority of his wild and woolly schemes for the Seattle game in Week #1 of the regular season. He's going to unleash the hounds in a way that'll have 31 offensive coordinators around the league gulping, and wiping sweat away from their brows. He's daring the league right now to block Aaron Donald, and they're going to try. Make no mistake: It's a trap Williams is setting, and teams are going to walk right into it. Hint: look for a box safety to edge closer to the line near Donald, just inside Chris Long on the left side. On the right, think Mark Barron next to Akeem Ayers just to the right of Robert Quinn... You got it? Now hike the ball, and see what happens...

The offensive line is on a learning curve with an indeterminate end. Jeff Fisher is moving guys around to gain crucial experience. Jamon Brown's move from right to left guard was more about helping him not settle into a track-able playing pattern than anything else. The season starts soon, so why give opposing coordinators something they may be able to sink their teeth into? I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see Rob Havenstein slid to a different position at times in week 4 of the preseason. The one key thing about bringing on a young offensive line like this is simple: Get them experience at whatever the cost.

The 0-3 preseason record mean nothing to me at this point. Sure, a "W" would've slaked my hedonism ever so slightly, but... The bottom line here is this: This Rams team is edging ever so close to being the team I've been waiting for since 2012. Yes, it's been slow in coming, but it's almost here...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis Rams: A Team Headed In The Right Direction... Slowly...

We all like to think we can see "The Big Picture". I try to discern what could happen around the next bend in life each day, and you do too. With the St. Louis Rams, I'm buying into this team in a big way, even after what anyone would call a so-so preseason thus far...

First, stop shaking your head! Second, after you read this, forget the notion I've hit the bar on this sunny Sunday afternoon. Unlike more than a few Rams fans to this point, I took the night to consider all I've seen so far of the 2015 St. Louis Rams. While this preseason thus far doesn't have me envisioning a seamless, all-pistons-firing team headed toward a guaranteed Super Bowl ride to Santa Clara, CA., I can all but guarantee this season for the Rams will be a sight to see. Here's why...

Nick Foles isn't the Nick Foles who ever took the field in Philadelphia; not in his rookie year, or in 2014. He's better. Yes, I said BETTER! There's something happening with Foles, and I think it has to do with the leadership light blinking to life in his soul. This guy is tougher than I ever thought, and the type of quarterback his teammates can believe in. I'm not bashing Sam Bradford here. I was - and still am - a fan of the lanky, injury scared former Oklahoma/St. Louis fan favorite. But while Bradford's arm may be stronger than Foles, I don't think he ever had what anyone would call amazing leadership qualities with his teammates. They all liked him, and what's not to like, right? Foles is a different cat altogether. Soft spoken when he arrived, he now has a tenor to his voice I love hearing.

Foles throws passes with more faith; to receivers he believes in. In a way, the Rams receiver corp and Foles are a perfect fit. They both haven't garnered much respect in the media, and are in the enviable position of benefiting from a lack of expectations. Every Rams receiver has the base talent to be in the NFL, but they've never been in a position to shine. Bradford relied on pin-point, "you-better-be-there", passes. Small catch windows in tight coverage were the norm. If a pass was completed, everyone hailed Bradford's accuracy. But life isn't accurate at all, and relying on it is a fools errand at best. Foles reads coverage, then throws to an option filled zone for his receivers. His passes have just enough arc on them to help receiver gain the position they need. Bradford throws a flatter ball, and will flourish in Philly - sans injury - due to a system which depends on a ball be in an EXACT place in each of his reads and check-down options.

When the Rams sort out their offensive line issues, and get their ground attack moving, Foles will flourish in a way stats won't explain...

The Rams' defense is showing signs of starting slow once again, but I'm not buying it. I truly believe defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is hiding the vast majority of his wild and woolly schemes for the Seattle game in Week #1 of the regular season. He's going to unleash the hounds in a way that'll have 31 offensive coordinators around the league gulping, and wiping sweat away from their brows. He's daring the league right now to block Aaron Donald, and they're going to try. Make no mistake: It's a trap Williams is setting, and teams are going to walk right into it. Hint: look for a box safety to edge closer to the line near Donald, just inside Chris Long on the left side. On the right, think Mark Barron next to Akeem Ayers just to the right of Robert Quinn... You got it? Now hike the ball, and see what happens...

The offensive line is on a learning curve with an indeterminate end. Jeff Fisher is moving guys around to gain crucial experience. Jamon Brown's move from right to left guard was more about helping him not settle into a track-able playing pattern than anything else. The season starts soon, so why give opposing coordinators something they may be able to sink their teeth into? I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see Rob Havenstein slid to a different position at times in week 4 of the preseason. The one key thing about bringing on a young offensive line like this is simple: Get them experience at whatever the cost.

The 0-3 preseason record mean nothing to me at this point. Sure, a "W" would've slaked my hedonism ever so slightly, but... The bottom line here is this: This Rams team is edging ever so close to being the team I've been waiting for since 2012. Yes, it's been slow in coming, but it's almost here...
In case anyone is wondering..... No, I didn't author this evaluation...:lol:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Rams sort out their offensive line issues, and get their ground attack moving, Foles will flourish

It's everyone's favorite groundhog: Captain Obvious! :herbie:

Back again for another preseason preview!!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can also point to the Bills QBs this week. Manuel/Tyrod/Cassel/Sims combined for 30/33, 386 yards, 3 passing TDs, 24 yards rushing, 1 rushing TD and a combined QB rating of 142.9 vs the Steelers.

Preseason stats are fools gold.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can also point to the Bills QBs this week. Manuel/Tyrod/Cassel/Sims combined for 30/33, 386 yards, 3 passing TDs, 24 yards rushing, 1 rushing TD and a combined QB rating of 142.9 vs the Steelers.

Preseason stats are fools gold.
The point, none of those are the high value run option QB rookie we passed up on who could have sat behind Foles for two years. And yes, stats like that for a rookie, running with the No. 1's is pretty damned good! In the preseason, he's preformed as good as or better than MM and JW for that matter. That's what you compare him to.

Hundley was playing to convince the Packers to keep a third quarterback on their 53-man roster. He might’ve done that by rallying to complete 22 of 31 passes for 315 yards, two touchdowns, one interception and a 111.6 passer rating.

“I told him trust your preparation. I thought he had excellent command in the huddle and at the line of scrimmage. He trusted his feet. He seemed pretty natural a number of times extending plays. I thought Brett did a lot of nice things, and Matt (Blanchard) kept it going. I’m very proud of our young quarterbacks,” McCarthy said.

Read more: Young players make impressions in loss to Eagles 

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 0-3 start in the preseason doesn't bother me either. The o-line is a working process and Brown's move to left guard is trying to figure things out. I have been on the side of these guys learning together not only how to play together but to win together. Results will come in time but a couple of old horses need to be barned in another city and let the young gell. I also agree Williams will not show anything to Carroll and Seattle, it isn't often the Rams get to make a statement in this division in the first game but they can at home against the Seahawks. This division or at least the middle half is up for grabs. Arizona will struggle with their offensive line moving the ball on the ground and Palmer might need a insurance policy prior to a winning game. The 49ers are one dementional with Cap and Hyde so they are even in a worst place than the Rams. So it comes down to us and Seattle or at least that is who in Fisher's 4th year should want to catch and it is possible the Rams might step up. It is also possible Fisher fails again to bring energy to the field and we finish 6-10. I will take the good before the bad at this point and wait to see the changes.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of nice to see this master vent thread quite after the dress rehearsal preseason game 3!

Even in loss, some of yous see we are not in the state of despair that was echoed after Week's 2 preseason game!

:suds:

Go Rams!