• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Los Angeles Lakers Thread

How Far Will the Los Angeles Lakers Go in 2014?

• Win the Championship.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose in the Finals.

• Lose in the Western Conference Finals.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you my exact reasons why I think the Lakers will be an above .500 team

1. The PG position. Steve Nash might just as well be out of the equation. If we get 10 minutes a game from him for about 40 games we'll be lucky. Which brings us to Jeremy Lin - an immediate and huge upgrade over Kendall Marshall. And i'll happily take Clarkson over Farmar too.

2. We lost Pau. Sad to see him go and forever a great Laker IMO. That being said, he is getting older, more injury prone and weaker at the rim. He was out for more than 40 games over the last two seasons and mainly had to rely on D-League fillers at the PF position. Now we have Boozer and Randle. While Booz might be getting older too we have a guy in Randle who is eager to prove himself and could become a valuable player in this league. I'd take Boozer and Randle over Pau too.

3. Kobe is back. Blah blah blah, he's getting old and he's just over an injury. But until he proves otherwise on a basketball court he still remains an elite player. He's still a proven scorer and without a doubt one of the most passionate players in the history of the game. He wants to win and his attitude will soon become contagious in the locker room.

4. Defence was our main issue last year. There's a reason why even us Laker fans called the guy No D 'antoni last year. Now we have Scott who's been preaching defence since day 1. They get that sorted and there's no reason to think why the Lakers can't compete with the big boys.

And let's not forget the fact we have Nick Young who can easily be a 6th man candidate from the start. Jordan Hill is also ready to prove himself as a starter - he ranked 7th in the league in rebounds per 48.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of things will need to go wrong for other teams for la to make the playoffs.

I have the following teams definitely ahead of the lakers.

Warriors
Rockets
Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Mavs
Grizzlies
Suns
Trailblazers

I can see Denver being better than them if they stay healthy also

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade away Kobe and get something for him. Maybe some picks. There are no miracles in free agency out there. Lakers making playoffs offer no value if led by Nash/Boozer and Kobe. Thats a recipe for purgatory. Upper office needs to show some courage and do the right thing to turn it around.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things have turned around. They aren't trading Kobe.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to trade Kobe and which team would eat up the $48 mil he's owed, outside of Ballmer?

Yeah of course the other teams would have to have bad years/injury to key players for Lakers to make the playoffs. Any of the teams mentioned could drop for any number of reasons and Lakers rise. If anyone can predict correctly they should be playing Lotto every week.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of things will need to go wrong for other teams for la to make the playoffs.

I have the following teams definitely ahead of the lakers.

Warriors
Rockets
Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Mavs
Grizzlies
Suns
Trailblazers

I can see Denver being better than them if they stay healthy also

You left out the Pellies

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give them a punchers chance to get the 8th seed with a healthy Kobe.

But, I have a hard time seeing them besting the Pelicans, Suns, Nuggets who will be fighting for the last 3 spots along with the Rockets and Griz.

"puncher's chance". well, knowing how tough the west truly is i can't disagree. but hey, they say ANYTHING can happen...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought about them but I think LA are better plus Gordon & Davis are injured too frequently for me

:yes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o5NweFWjAw]We Goin Sizzler - YouTube[/ame]

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rule you may be right but it would be amazing if they could pull it off. In this crazy league anything can happen. With a less than stellar free agency ahead and few draft picks, I still think its the best option to turn it around.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dream scenario given the circumstances would be to finish in the bottom 5 and keep the draft pick...but that's not going to happen. What I can guarantee is that this season will be entertaining. I'd like to see us scrap for the 8th seed, as finishing in the bottom 5 will be a tall task

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dream scenario given the circumstances would be to finish in the bottom 5 and keep the draft pick...but that's not going to happen. What I can guarantee is that this season will be entertaining. I'd like to see us scrap for the 8th seed, as finishing in the bottom 5 will be a tall task

Are you kidding me? Have you seen the 2015 draft class? As far as i'm concerned Phoenix can keep that pick. There is nobody out there that impresses anyone. Do you want another Anthony Bennett?

Are you honestly content on seeing the Lakers lose game after game for another season, only to get a 4ppg guy?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? Have you seen the 2015 draft class? As far as i'm concerned Phoenix can keep that pick. There is nobody out there that impresses anyone. Do you want another Anthony Bennett?

Are you honestly content on seeing the Lakers lose game after game for another season, only to get a 4ppg guy?
There are guys that I do like in that draft, and there are guys in the middle, but who knows what happens once they get the chance to play in college. As for the Lakers, what is considered as success in Lakerland? Titles. We aren't getting close to a title this year(it'll be tough just to make the playoffs), so why not get SOMETHING out of it? Now like I said, I don't think there's any chance that we finish bottom 5, so we might as well make a run for the 8th seed

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 people said lose in the semi final? Suurrreeeee.....even making the playoffs lol. Do they even have a team to compete?

I'm sure you'll be able to tell us as you've probably been following the team closely ever since training camp started!

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that the western conference is still deep and teams are improving. The Lakers are mediocre from what I see. Kobe won't be scoring 25 a game lol

Thanks for your input, Miss Cleo. I'm glad you can tell us the outcomes of next season. You just saved me the hassle of watching 7 months of basketball. :rollseyes:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen a write up... Is the poll all there is...? Everytime I click the "Lakers" thread it sends me back to this thread and it only has a poll at the top and people commenting...