• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Los Angeles Lakers Thread

How Far Will the Los Angeles Lakers Go in 2014?

• Win the Championship.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose in the Finals.

• Lose in the Western Conference Finals.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade away Kobe and get something for him. Maybe some picks. There are no miracles in free agency out there. Lakers making playoffs offer no value if led by Nash/Boozer and Kobe. Thats a recipe for purgatory. Upper office needs to show some courage and do the right thing to turn it around.

I was very disappointed and upset about this years off-season... That said, decisions have been made and the team is constructed... You CAN NOT trade Kobe now... Only moves you can make this year is to move on an upset player who is pulling the "trade me" card and use the non guaranteed and/or cap friendly contracts to help Kobe...:suds:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dream scenario given the circumstances would be to finish in the bottom 5 and keep the draft pick...but that's not going to happen. What I can guarantee is that this season will be entertaining. I'd like to see us scrap for the 8th seed, as finishing in the bottom 5 will be a tall task

Unless some Kid has a Steph Curry like rise, Okafor is the only guy I would tank for.

But, maybe some other players will step up.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keep current team intact and watch it grow....one game does not make a season. some Lakers fans have to like how they competed last night. There are a host of questions with answers needing to be all favorable in order for Lakers to make the playoffs(injuries, rookies, defense, etc.).

This Lakers fan has liked what he has seen in following team from this summer to training camp. With Coach B running the ship, complacency at least, is not something we'll be seeing vs. previous two years.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Nash Dealing With Similar Issues From Last Season | Lakers Nation

Nash is toast. Just like Kobe is and the rest of the team.

LOL @ Shaq Daddy callin' them a .500 team.

Yeah, I just saw that.

Lin is gimp as well.

Viva La Jordan Clarkson Era!!!!

* Not a bad idea really*

Mike Trudell: Nash has yet to speak to media about what he’s dealing with, but the back-nerves-hamstrings are all connected, similar to last year. Twitter @LakersReporter

Mark Medina: Jeremy Lin doesn't think he can play before Sunday vs. Utah at Staples Center Twitter @MarkG_Medina

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly Clarkson > Jordan Clarkson

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very disappointed and upset about this years off-season... That said, decisions have been made and the team is constructed... You CAN NOT trade Kobe now... Only moves you can make this year is to move on an upset player who is pulling the "trade me" card and use the non guaranteed and/or cap friendly contracts to help Kobe...:suds:

Michael Carter-Williams or Toni Kukoc..*cough* Dario Saric?:whistle:

I would not want to deal with this kids father.

Philly must have been smoking to want to add this guy to a young team.

I'm also seriously wondering about MCW.

Is he damaged goods?

Dario Saric is not happy with Anadolu Efes. His father Predrag said that if Efes continues to keep him out of action they may terminate the contract with the Turkish powerhouse. "I am afraid it is time to be alarmed. Dario is depressed, nothing is clear” said Predrag to Jutarnji. “If Efes continues to keep him out, we will look for someone who can pay to breach the contract. Dario has to play. He doesn’t have to watch the games from the stands. He is healthy. Ivkovic’s moves made me crazy” added Saric’s father. Sportando

Philly will sniff out Michael Carter-Williams deals. They tried hard during the draft, but they couldn’t draw the trove they envisioned or guarantee that the player they wanted with an acquired pick would be there, per several league sources. Expect Philly to repeat the exercise. It’s not a shot at Carter-Williams, or even a signal that the Sixers are dying to trade him. He may well end up a long-term cog in Philly. The team knows point guard is the most replaceable position in the league today, and it will seek out any deal that adds to its stockpile of high-value draft picks. Grantland -

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down goes Meeks!

I'm sure Laker fans will be happy they dodged that bullet.

I know he's thanking God for guaranteed contracts.

Jodie Meeks has a stress reaction in his lower back and will be out several months.

Meeks signed with the Detroit Pistons in the offseason.

The Pistons will be forced to play Josh Smith more at small forward while Meeks is out.

Via Vincent Goodwill/Detroit News

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson is a sleeper and Lakers will have no choice but to play him heavy minutes which I'd be happy about

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Young goes missing in the next few days, this is probably why:

Last edited by a moderator:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'll teach Detroit for luring him away with an overpaid contract.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snoop Dogg has declared a truce with Iggy Azalea ... officially squashing the beef after just one phone convo with T.I.

Snoop just posted a video mea culpa where he says, "No more bad talk. I apologize. I won't do it again." He says the peace treaty was engineered by Iggy's manager ... T.I.

Snoop never mentions Iggy by name during the brief message -- but Iggy immediately accepted the apology on Twitter.

With the war of words so heated, you gotta wonder what T.I. said to cool things off so quickly. We spoke to Snoop and he would only say ... "Tip called me, it's over. Got a lot of love for cuz, so I let it go! Too much money on my mind to worry bout a biiiiiych."

We're sure he meant that affectionately.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snoop Dogg has declared a truce with Iggy Azalea ... officially squashing the beef after just one phone convo with T.I.

Snoop just posted a video mea culpa where he says, "No more bad talk. I apologize. I won't do it again." He says the peace treaty was engineered by Iggy's manager ... T.I.

Snoop never mentions Iggy by name during the brief message -- but Iggy immediately accepted the apology on Twitter.

With the war of words so heated, you gotta wonder what T.I. said to cool things off so quickly. We spoke to Snoop and he would only say ... "Tip called me, it's over. Got a lot of love for cuz, so I let it go! Too much money on my mind to worry bout a biiiiiych."

We're sure he meant that affectionately.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com

Snoop basically cyber bullying a female. Come on now snoop. Not very Rastafarian like.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snoop basically cyber bullying a female. Come on now snoop. Not very Rastafarian like.

Plenty of rappers have indirectly dissed her. Don't know why it's such a big deal now that a legend like Snoop says something.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of rappers have indirectly dissed her. Don't know why it's such a big deal now that a legend like Snoop says something.

I don't think Snoop was being so indirect. And again, he's an older man "dissing" a younger lady. Doesn't seem right to me.

One love, right Snoop? Well, except for the Celtics. :lol:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Snoop was being so indirect. And again, he's an older man "dissing" a younger lady. Doesn't seem right to me.

One love, right Snoop? Well, except for the Celtics. :lol:
I don't really keep up with this type of stuff so I looked up exactly what Snoop said, it's flat out hilarious. I've heard other rappers diss her but avoided using her name. It was uncalled for but Iggy could have just laughed it off as well, she clearly got butthurt and so did Nick Young.

The whole thing is good comedy.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really keep up with this type of stuff so I looked up exactly what Snoop said, it's flat out hilarious. I've heard other rappers diss her but avoided using her name. It was uncalled for but Iggy could have just laughed it off as well, she clearly got butthurt and so did Nick Young.

The whole thing is good comedy.

I hear ya. Sometimes it is better just to ignore things like that and move forward with your life.