• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The latest on KC

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe 60mg is a fair offer to a Qb who hasn't won anything. If he wanted long term security why not take it and work with Gruden who he likes. This probably won happen b/c he is all about the money and will play on the franchise tag or go to a bad team like the 49ers. I told you he would be greedy at the beginning of this and you disagreed with me. This is what exactly is happening here.

How would KS have move success with Grap then KC? That doesn't make sense to me. What is an extra first rounder to him if he has a six year deal to prove himself?

First off I dont think its greedy to want to get paid what other starting QBs are getting paid. I know if I walked into a job and they wanted to pay me 30% less, I would start looking to some place that was willing to pay me what the job entails. Because lets face it, if Kirk takes the lowball offer, then wins a Super Bowl.. no one is going to want to give him a raise for outperforming his contract. We see that all the time.

Second, I didnt say Kyle might have more success with grap, I said he might be smarter to only trade one first rounder in next years draft, as apposed to giving up the #2 overall pick in this years draft PLUS next years first. Kyle has shown he can get good production out of almost any one you hand him. Shit even the 2013 season that was his last here, we statistically had a top ten offense. That was with RG3 playing like a spoiled little brat. So again I dont think Kyle is as desperate to get his hands on Cousins as you hope he is. Would he make a deal for Kirk if it was reasonable?? Sure he would. But giving up two first rounders for a QB that you yourself have deemed average at best.... isnt very reasonable. Especially if in this instance it turns out the Redskins actually dont want to keep him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I dont think its greedy to want to get paid what other starting QBs are getting paid. I know if I walked into a job and they wanted to pay me 30% less, I would start looking to some place that was willing to pay me what the job entails. Because lets face it, if Kirk takes the lowball offer, then wins a Super Bowl.. no one is going to want to give him a raise for outperforming his contract. We see that all the time.

Second, I didnt say Kyle might have more success with grap, I said he might be smarter to only trade one first rounder in next years draft, as apposed to giving up the #2 overall pick in this years draft PLUS next years first. Kyle has shown he can get good production out of almost any one you hand him. Shit even the 2013 season that was his last here, we statistically had a top ten offense. That was with RG3 playing like a spoiled little brat. So again I dont think Kyle is as desperate to get his hands on Cousins as you hope he is. Would he make a deal for Kirk if it was reasonable?? Sure he would. But giving up two first rounders for a QB that you yourself have deemed average at best.... isnt very reasonable. Especially if in this instance it turns out the Redskins actually dont want to keep him.

its not that the Redskins don't want to keep him. I don't think KC wants to stay here. Alright Shark so Kc get another 10mg but he goes to a crap team. That is called greed. The best chance he has to win is here. You cant compare guys like us to these guys. cmon man.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but KS has to win with a rookie Qb on a bad team. Good Luck

First of all weren't you the one stating that if the Redskins went w/ a rookie QB that it wouldn't necessarily result in a losing record?

Beyond that - why does KS have to win next season? As a matter of fact it may be better long term for them to suck again next season & accumulate picks to build for the future. I think that you are losing sight of the fact that signing Cousins long term for the Redskins is much different than signing Cousins long term for the 49ers. The latter results in the loss of picks where both of them could be very high & doing this on a team that has many more holes than the Redskins.

You seem to justify this by portraying Shanahan as some type of idiot who is obsessed with signing Cousins at all costs. You further seem to justify this primarily based on his 2nd half coaching job in the SB while completing ignoring his very good overall resume. OK.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not that the Redskins don't want to keep him. I don't think KC wants to stay here. Alright Shark so Kc get another 10mg but he goes to a crap team. That is called greed. The best chance he has to win is here. You cant compare guys like us to these guys. cmon man.

What exactly are you using as a basis for Cousins not wanting to be remain on the Redskins? I have not heard one statement along these lines actually coming from Cousins. Are you basing this on him not signing an extension ASAP? So what - this is a smart move that likely gets him more money even if he stays on the Redskins.

I hope that you don't base this on sources such as Florio. He is a known Redskins hater & rarely reports anything positive on this team. Ditto for Reid & most writers for the WP.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all weren't you the one stating that if the Redskins went w/ a rookie QB that it wouldn't necessarily result in a losing record?

Beyond that - why does KS have to win next season? As a matter of fact it may be better long term for them to suck again next season & accumulate picks to build for the future. I think that you are losing sight of the fact that signing Cousins long term for the Redskins is much different than signing Cousins long term for the 49ers. The latter results in the loss of picks where both of them could be very high & doing this on a team that has many more holes than the Redskins.

You seem to justify this by portraying Shanahan as some type of idiot who is obsessed with signing Cousins at all costs. You further seem to justify this primarily based on his 2nd half coaching job in the SB while completing ignoring his very good overall resume. OK.

We have a better team than Sf. wow. I didn't say Ks has to win next season. I said his future there would be better if KC is on his roster.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly are you using as a basis for Cousins not wanting to be remain on the Redskins? I have not heard one statement along these lines actually coming from Cousins. Are you basing this on him not signing an extension ASAP? So what - this is a smart move that likely gets him more money even if he stays on the Redskins.

I hope that you don't base this on sources such as Florio. He is a known Redskins hater & rarely reports anything positive on this team. Ditto for Reid & most writers for the WP.

No, im not. I just feel the Redskins would make the 60mg offer to KC and put this issue to bed. This should be over now. Its just an opinion of mine that KC will go to the highest bidder or wants to play on the tag again. He wants to take the risk again.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a better team than Sf. wow. I didn't say Ks has to win next season. I said his future there would be better if KC is on his roster.

You are the one stating that Cousins is not that good of a QB & will never win in the clutch. With that in mind you are stating that the 49ers will be better by getting rid of very high picks & dedicating a ton of money to Cousins while they still have lots of holes on both sides. Help me out here - do you believe Cousins is a high level QB or not (not Brady/Rodgers good but good enough)? Don't confuse the matter by throwing in crap about guaranteed money.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, im not. I just feel the Redskins would make the 60mg offer to KC and put this issue to bed. This should be over now. Its just an opinion of mine that KC will go to the highest bidder or wants to play on the tag again. He wants to take the risk again.

So if you were Cousins & they made a bid like this you would just say "fine" & call it a day? LOL - I wouldn't - that would be stupid.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one stating that Cousins is not that good of a QB & will never win in the clutch. With that in mind you are stating that the 49ers will be better by getting rid of very high picks & dedicating a ton of money to Cousins while they still have lots of holes on both sides. Help me out here - do you believe Cousins is a high level QB or not (not Brady/Rodgers good but good enough)? Don't confuse the matter by throwing in crap about guaranteed money.

Im on record in saying I wont give Kc 80-90mg if 2 first round picks are dangled in front of me. Simple as that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you were Cousins & they made a bid like this you would just say "fine" & call it a day? LOL - I wouldn't - that would be stupid.

Then his future is a risk and he risks playing for a bad team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SO again, because he is NOT willing to play for 30% less than the rest of the starters in the NFL, he is some how just being greedy and doesnt want to be here. And because he hasnt yet done as much as those other starters, he isnt really worth the money.. but you think some one else should and WILL pay him this overpayment.. and drop two first rounders on top of that. No correction a top five pick and what will likely be a top ten pick on top of paying him more than you think he is worth.

Sounds logical to me.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remind me again how his future is at risk?? Or do you really think if Kirk played on the tag this year he would perform so poorly that he wouldnt get an offer to start some place next off season?? My take is, Kirk plays on the tag, and he will be in line to be the first QB to get a nine figure guarantee. Now you can call that greedy if you like.. me I call it maximizing your earning potential while you can.

But you think its smarter to take 60 when you should get 80, and will probably get 100 or more a year from now.

Gotcha

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remind me again how his future is at risk?? Or do you really think if Kirk played on the tag this year he would perform so poorly that he wouldnt get an offer to start some place next off season?? My take is, Kirk plays on the tag, and he will be in line to be the first QB to get a nine figure guarantee. Now you can call that greedy if you like.. me I call it maximizing your earning potential while you can.

But you think its smarter to take 60 when you should get 80, and will probably get 100 or more a year from now.

Gotcha

The risk is he could get hurt. The risk is he will be playing for a bad team. We will see what happens. You were the one who said that KC would sign a team friendly deal. Or was it another poster.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Answer the question. If you were in Cousins shoes & the team offered you $60M guaranteed but you knew that say you could get 80M you would just walk away. That 20M is not going to make that much of a difference over time. Come clean - you don't like Cousins.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The risk is he could get hurt. The risk is he will be playing for a bad team. We will see what happens. You were the one who said that KC would sign a team friendly deal. Or was it another poster.

When did I ever say he would sign a team friendly deal?? I said the guaranteed money STARTS at $60M. Now given the landscape of the NFL and the QB position at the moment, I think he will get more. Some where in the $80M guaranteed range, and i think he is worth it.

I have also pointed out time and again that we could give Kirk $100M guaranteed, and the only way it hurts/hampers the team is if then fails. Bottom line, we are better off keeping him than we are dealing him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer the question. If you were in Cousins shoes & the team offered you $60M guaranteed but you knew that say you could get 80M you would just walk away. That 20M is not going to make that much of a difference over time. Come clean - you don't like Cousins.

I like him but I don't think he is worth the 80mg PLUS acquiring 2 first round picks.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I ever say he would sign a team friendly deal?? I said the guaranteed money STARTS at $60M. Now given the landscape of the NFL and the QB position at the moment, I think he will get more. Some where in the $80M guaranteed range, and i think he is worth it.

I have also pointed out time and again that we could give Kirk $100M guaranteed, and the only way it hurts/hampers the team is if then fails. Bottom line, we are better off keeping him than we are dealing him.

It was when KC was on a radio show and said he wont fleece the Redskins. Remember that?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him but I don't think he is worth the 80mg PLUS acquiring 2 first round picks.

For starters - if Cousins actually comes out & states that he doesn't want to play for the Redskins & this reaches a stalemate why in the world would you believe that the 49ers would give up 2 1st rounders? If that situation occurred more likely the 49ers would know that the Redskins are operating from weakness & would offer a lot less.

This is especially true since Shanahan has indicated that he is no rush to get his QB. You still appear to portray Shanahan as this desperate idiot that will do anything to get Cousins. You are basing almost all of this off of media reports by hacks who don't know more than most posters on this forum.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the entire idea is a starting QB gets starting QB pay. That isn't how it should work because not all starting QBs are equal...sadly, that is how it goes.