• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The latest on KC

Brad W

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AppInAll is the perfect communication tool to keep in touch with coaches and other parents. Post game schedules, organize events, collect payments, and coordinate who brings what to keep everyone in the loop. Open communication has proven to be a better overall experience, especially for the kids! Unite your athletic triangle today.

Find out more how AppInAll can help you today:
Sports Related | AppInAll

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, KC doesn't want to stay here. So why not get the picks?

Aside from a reid speculation piece.. I would love to see one single quote from Cousins saying he doesnt want to stay in DC....

I'll wait for you to find that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the bottom line.

People that actually want us to resign Kirk are looking at, what else do we need to do to improve the team after we resign Kirk.

People that want him gone, for what ever reason have spent many hours looking at what other options do we have. Who can we get, and writing book reports on WHY we shouldnt resign Kirk.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok dean then i will start every post with dean is the all knowledgable king of SportsHoopla for the same periond

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the bottom line.

People that actually want us to resign Kirk are looking at, what else do we need to do to improve the team after we resign Kirk.

People that want him gone, for what ever reason have spent many hours looking at what other options do we have. Who can we get, and writing book reports on WHY we shouldnt resign Kirk.

Of course I cant produce a quote its all rumor. If KC's long term contract demands are borderline crazy that would mean he doesn't want to stay here. KC said that he wont ask for a lot of money in his previous interviews. So lets see if he signs a deal worth his talent. This should only be between 50-60mg like you said.

If he gets greedy and wants 80-90mg then that tells me he really doesn't want to stay here and he is just in it for the money and doesn't care About the Redskins. Right?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I cant produce a quote its all rumor. If KC's long term contract demands are borderline crazy that would mean he doesn't want to stay here. KC said that he wont ask for a lot of money in his previous interviews. So lets see if he signs a deal worth his talent. This should only be between 50-60mg like you said.

If he gets greedy and wants 80-90mg then that tells me he really doesn't want to stay here and he is just in it for the money and doesn't care About the Redskins. Right?

Keep spinning Dean.... it has been Shown to you countless times that Cousins can get a MARKET level deal and the Skins will be fine.

Your insistence that he should take a below market deal or he really doesnt want to be here is frankly pure grade A USGS Bullshit.

Your assessment that Kirk wants to get paid like a starter is some how showing his greed and unwillingness to be here is also Bullshit.

You want him gone because you are hoping to get two first rounders for him. So unless he is willing to sign a below market deal you will be disappointed. And honestly i think even if he did sign the below market deal your real hope is, we just deal him no matter what.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep spinning Dean.... it has been Shown to you countless times that Cousins can get a MARKET level deal and the Skins will be fine.

Your insistence that he should take a below market deal or he really doesnt want to be here is frankly pure grade A USGS Bullshit.

Your assessment that Kirk wants to get paid like a starter is some how showing his greed and unwillingness to be here is also Bullshit.

You want him gone because you are hoping to get two first rounders for him. So unless he is willing to sign a below market deal you will be disappointed. And honestly i think even if he did sign the below market deal your real hope is, we just deal him no matter what.

Wrong. Not a below market deal the deal that you said he should get. So let me get this straight. If the 49ers offer KC 80mg and give us 2 first round picks you would turn it down even knowing that KC wants to go to SF b/c of KS?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Not a below market deal the deal that you said he should get. So let me get this straight. If the 49ers offer KC 80mg and give us 2 first round picks you would turn it down even knowing that KC wants to go to SF b/c of KS?

First you are speculating as to where Cousins wants to go.

Second it should never even get to that point. Because as exciting as your mock draft will be with two first rounders, it sets the team back period. If you DONT have a QB, you are looking for one. IF you are looking for a QB, you tend to do stupid shit to try and find one.

So personally no I wouldnt because I think we have found a QB, roughly 70% of the NFL world also agrees with me on this.

I dont want to go back into QB purgatory and continue to chase after elite, because more often than not you end up with a Leaf, Jamarcus Russell or Griffin. Draft picks dont mean dick unless they actually pan out. Kirk has to this point panned out for us.. but you are desperate to keep looking??

Side note, the 50-60 is actually a below market deal and would be the bottom of any guaranteed money based on the fact that this years tag plus next years tag is equal to $58M, and any talks of guarantee start there and go up.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First you are speculating as to where Cousins wants to go.

Second it should never even get to that point. Because as exciting as your mock draft will be with two first rounders, it sets the team back period. If you DONT have a QB, you are looking for one. IF you are looking for a QB, you tend to do stupid shit to try and find one.

So personally no I wouldnt because I think we have found a QB, roughly 70% of the NFL world also agrees with me on this.

I dont want to go back into QB purgatory and continue to chase after elite, because more often than not you end up with a Leaf, Jamarcus Russell or Griffin. Draft picks dont mean dick unless they actually pan out. Kirk has to this point panned out for us.. but you are desperate to keep looking??

Side note, the 50-60 is actually a below market deal and would be the bottom of any guaranteed money based on the fact that this years tag plus next years tag is equal to $58M, and any talks of guarantee start there and go up.

I would do it b/c if I know he doesn't want to stay here who knows if he signs a long term deal with us. Could he just play on the one year tag?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do it b/c if I know he doesn't want to stay here who knows if he signs a long term deal with us. Could he just play on the one year tag?

Again.. .you are reading into his intentions because it fits your desired results. Aside from a speculative article from a KNOWN Skins hater, no one has said Cousins doesnt want to be here. The only way he plays on the tag is if the Skins once again try and offer him a below market deal. Shit the offer they gave him last year was backup money or slightly above.

And you would do it simply because you think we will get those two first rounders. Never mind that we would likely use that #2 pick on a rookie QB. You would set the team back for no other reason that it is the sexy move.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again.. .you are reading into his intentions because it fits your desired results. Aside from a speculative article from a KNOWN Skins hater, no one has said Cousins doesnt want to be here. The only way he plays on the tag is if the Skins once again try and offer him a below market deal. Shit the offer they gave him last year was backup money or slightly above.

And you would do it simply because you think we will get those two first rounders. Never mind that we would likely use that #2 pick on a rookie QB. You would set the team back for no other reason that it is the sexy move.

If we get that #2 pick I would use it on Allen all day long and twice on Sunday. If the Skins put the non-exclusive tag on KC that right there is going to piss him off. So he is going to want to get out of here. I don't why 50-60Mg isn't fair for KC. Gives him the long-term deal he wants with stability and doesn't have to worry about if he has a bad year or gets injured.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get that #2 pick I would use it on Allen all day long and twice on Sunday. If the Skins put the non-exclusive tag on KC that right there is going to piss him off. So he is going to want to get out of here. I don't why 50-60Mg isn't fair for KC. Gives him the long-term deal he wants with stability and doesn't have to worry about if he has a bad year or gets injured.

The reason its not fair is because most other starting QBs either have gotten more than that or will get more than that in either this off season or next. And you would use the #2 on Allen, the #17 on another Defensive player and have WHO as QB?? Colt McCoy wont get it done, so we either draft a rookie or risk finishing 4-12. And we both know if that happens Gruden is gone, and depending on how it shakes out, SMGM might be as well.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason its not fair is because most other starting QBs either have gotten more than that or will get more than that in either this off season or next. And you would use the #2 on Allen, the #17 on another Defensive player and have WHO as QB?? Colt McCoy wont get it done, so we either draft a rookie or risk finishing 4-12. And we both know if that happens Gruden is gone, and depending on how it shakes out, SMGM might be as well.

but the other starting QB's who are up for deals are better than KC. They deserve to get paid 80-90mg. Kc has done nothing to deserve these kind of numbers in my opinion. Why cant McCoy be a stop gap for one year? Plus a guy like Mahomes could be had in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. I already proved that veteran journeyman Qb's can win games for you. For you to say we are a 4-12 team if KC leaves is just crazy. You think he has A. Rodgers type talent that can carry a team which he doesn't.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the other starting QB's who are up for deals are better than KC. They deserve to get paid 80-90mg. Kc has done nothing to deserve these kind of numbers in my opinion. Why cant McCoy be a stop gap for one year? Plus a guy like Mahomes could be had in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. I already proved that veteran journeyman Qb's can win games for you. For you to say we are a 4-12 team if KC leaves is just crazy. You think he has A. Rodgers type talent that can carry a team which he doesn't.

Question... what was our BEST record the two years prior to Cousins becoming starter???

Cousins does not or rather SHOULD not need to carry the team. Flacco doesnt, Smith doesnt. For fuck sake Tyrod Taylor got $37 million off the break, and if the Bills dont release him by the start of FA, he will have another $30M guaranteed. Thats $67M for Tyrod fucking Taylor..... you think Cousins should get paid less than him??

McCoy isnt a starter, so yea, I think with him we are a 4-12 team. Because his biggest issue is one, he cant stay healthy. Secondly he has a damn near 1-1 TD to INT ratio.. fucking Rex Grossman light is what he is. Backup emergency QB only. But if we trot him out as the starter.. defenses every where will be licking their chops.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question... what was our BEST record the two years prior to Cousins becoming starter???

Cousins does not or rather SHOULD not need to carry the team. Flacco doesnt, Smith doesnt. For fuck sake Tyrod Taylor got $37 million off the break, and if the Bills dont release him by the start of FA, he will have another $30M guaranteed. Thats $67M for Tyrod fucking Taylor..... you think Cousins should get paid less than him??

McCoy isnt a starter, so yea, I think with him we are a 4-12 team. Because his biggest issue is one, he cant stay healthy. Secondly he has a damn near 1-1 TD to INT ratio.. fucking Rex Grossman light is what he is. Backup emergency QB only. But if we trot him out as the starter.. defenses every where will be licking their chops.

the Taylor example is crazy b/c the Bills are not going to give him that money. I would think Kc doent want to sign the 1 year franchise tag again b/c what if both Garcon and Jackson leave? What if we tank on offense in the 2017 season? What if KC gets hurt? What is KC's worth on the 2018 market? There is so much risk on Kc's part if he plays on the franchise tag again.

Kc is being greedy. I am sure the team would have no problem giving him the 50-60mg and just move on. Kc is causing all this bullshit b/c he wants to get paid in the Luck numbers or even more. That is bullshit from a guy who has never won a playoff game. If KC wants to be here take the 60M and move on. Simple as that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Taylor example is crazy b/c the Bills are not going to give him that money. I would think Kc doent want to sign the 1 year franchise tag again b/c what if both Garcon and Jackson leave? What if we tank on offense in the 2017 season? What if KC gets hurt? What is KC's worth on the 2018 market? There is so much risk on Kc's part if he plays on the franchise tag again.

Kc is being greedy. I am sure the team would have no problem giving him the 50-60mg and just move on. Kc is causing all this bullshit b/c he wants to get paid in the Luck numbers or even more. That is bullshit from a guy who has never won a playoff game. If KC wants to be here take the 60M and move on. Simple as that.

You are letting your Mock draft self color your opinion. IN two years as a starter and five years in the league Kirk has never been injured. So IM not seeing as to where he is afraid of injury. IM also not seeing any fear in him of betting on himself again. So if the Skins dont want to pay him and they tag him, he will take it and once again make the Redskins regret not signing him for what will be considered middle tier QB money come this time next year. Of the 16 game starters in the league, there were only 5 QBS total who took less sacks than Cousins.

50-60 is below Market. Even if the Skins totally tank this year, Cousins will have pocketed almost $44 Million between 2016-2017. He would personally have ot shit the bed for his market value to drop BELOW the $18-24 Million a year range at this point. So no he isnt being greedy, he wants to be paid like a starter. Maybe because he is a starter.

And there is entirely too much risk for the redskins.. unless you think its a good idea to go back into QB Purgatory and HOPE the next guy is Russell Wilson And Not Jamarcus Russell.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
colt's 7 and 18 career record and failure in cleveland and SF certainly make me believe he is an 8 win qb here . jax and PG certainly will walk .

agents will advise their clients to move on from the skins because of instability

we will be in the market for a new HC and on the field staff . our GM would be at best on the hot seat leaving snyder and BA in charge

all because dean wants those 2 number ones he will never see

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cousins extends then Reid should resign immediately. If he leaves the team & they have a bad season this year then Dean you are not allowed to complain- period! You wished for this so deal w/ it. Also - if Cousins leaves & they have a losing record next season then SM should be fired. No way we need to suffer through a 3-4 year rebuild when they are so close.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he leaves the team & they have a bad season this year then Dean you are not allowed to complain- period! You wished for this so deal w/ it.

Shouldn't there be a list of people NOT allowed to bitch if they get their wish on this one?? IM just saying. :D