• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The latest on KC

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro Im telling you, if the Niners think we are just trying to move Kirk... that #2 pick is off the table. I could see us getting the RB and a 3rd, might push that to the RB and the #33 pick in this years draft. I could live with the #33 this year and a first next year if the Niners want to be kind mind you. But I dont see us getting the #2 unless we throw in the #17......

So we really are screwed. I liked Sty's theory with AJ but the experts are saying if anything cleveland would push for him and that might make even more sense for him scheme wise.
Wow, washington may make an EPIC mistake. I could live with #33 and a #2018 1 or 2017 1-3 with no first round swap.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we really are screwed. I liked Sty's theory with AJ but the experts are saying if anything cleveland would push for him and that might make even more sense for him scheme wise.
Wow, washington may make an EPIC mistake. I could live with #33 and a #2018 1 or 2017 1-3 with no first round swap.

Nah I wouldnt say we are screwed............... YET. I do think dealing Kirk might lead to a Ron Jermey classic though. As for AJ.... I think to get him will cost us a second round pick. And I will say that I think a change at QB wont lead to a 2-14 record, but I wouldnt expect 10 wins either. Less than eight wins gets your coach fired.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I wouldnt say we are screwed............... YET. I do think dealing Kirk might lead to a Ron Jermey classic though. As for AJ.... I think to get him will cost us a second round pick. And I will say that I think a change at QB wont lead to a 2-14 record, but I wouldnt expect 10 wins either. Less than eight wins gets your coach fired.

So the Redskins best bet is to tag and match another teams offer? I don't think they really want to lose him.
I've played with the GM calculator doing my mock off-season, brought back ERFA, RFA, UFA, and 2 big time FA at a 7.5mil 2017 hit before the draft and still had 10mil left with Cousins tagged. They have the money.
I think Cousins really is the best bet, he will still thrive even if Garcon and Jackson leave...he may even be better in the redzone -- i think in some situations he had too many options

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro Im telling you, if the Niners think we are just trying to move Kirk... that #2 pick is off the table. I could see us getting the RB and a 3rd, might push that to the RB and the #33 pick in this years draft. I could live with the #33 this year and a first next year if the Niners want to be kind mind you. But I dont see us getting the #2 unless we throw in the #17......

Saw on twitter something about Cousins and #17 for #2. Forget who said it or if it's a legit rumor though.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw on twitter something about Cousins and #17 for #2. Forget who said it or if it's a legit rumor though.
I heard a rumor that Brett Favre is itching to play again.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're going to franchise tag Cousins non exclusively and get him signed long term.

It's not in Cousins' interest to sign a long term deal now (though it's not exactly a magnanimous deal for him) because there's no reason to negotiate against himself, and he's not opposed to betting on himself - i.e. playing under a franchise tag again.

It's not particularly in the redskins best interest - once they know KC isn't going to sign a long term deal unless the redskins put a tag on him - to screw around with KC either. For starters: the coach wants him back, and so do the playmakers. Secondly, there's nobody in the tiller that can take over. Thirdly, the redskins are on the cusp of being good for a long time - just had back to back winning seasons, this season against much harder opponents - and they have the cap space. Fourthly, they can let the market set the price. Yes, Osweiler's contract was obnoxious for a loser qb with no real redeemable qualities, but plenty of other teams need qb's too. When NONE of them get raked over the coals for a mediocre qb, KC's asking price will go down.

In the end, the redskins are going to bit the bullet and offer KC what he wants - a long term deal with a shitload of guaranteed money.

The redskins aren't going to trade #17 and KC for #2. That's probably the dumbest idea in all of the KC threads since the season ended.

They're not going to trade their #17 pick for the niners #2 pick. That's the second dumbest idea in all of the KC threads since the season ended, and I don't even follow college football to know if there are any real "cant mis" prospects.

That's what's going to happen, IMHO.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would the #2 pick be "off the table" if the niners think we are just trying to move KC? That makes ZERO sense. If anything, if the Niners think the redskins are just trying to move KC, then they better pony up the #2 pick AND next year's first round pick, or they risk losing KC to any of the following teams that need a qb:

Jets, Browns, Rams (possibly - McVay likes KC), Bills, Bears, Broncos.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the #2 pick be "off the table" if the niners think we are just trying to move KC? That makes ZERO sense. If anything, if the Niners think the redskins are just trying to move KC, then they better pony up the #2 pick AND next year's first round pick, or they risk losing KC to any of the following teams that need a qb:

No way in hell he goes to the Rams - you don't mortgage the farm for a QB & give up on him 1 year later. I also can't see how the Broncos could work Cousins' huge salary into their cap. The other teams - perhaps. However - I am w/ you that he will get extended & likely after he is tagged.

The problem is that a lot of folks feel entitled to get all details from Redskins Park & also put way too much stock into all of these silly rumors that are primarily complete speculation. Relax people - just let this thing play out already.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins will never enter a season with McCoy or Sudfeld as their starting QB. Cousins is here to stay., both sides are just positioning.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The reason why i think the #2 comes off the table is simple for the fact that if you are trying to off a player by a certain date, you are in a position where you almost have to take what you can get. You also have to figure in the fact that Kirk doesnt HAVE to talk to any teams once he is tagged. He can simply sign the tender and decide I will play out the year and decide where i want to go on my terms. The Browns could call and say we will give you the number one. If Kirk decides he doesnt want to play for the Browns, then he simply doesnt show up, the trade gets rescinded and he reverts to playing on the tender which he signed.

Bottom line is, if Kirk signs the tender the Skins cant force a trade. If he doesnt sign the tender, the Skins have no control over who he talks to. And even if he talks to the Browns, if the Browns dont want to give up the #1 pick, they simply tell the Redskins, we wont give him an offer sheet until we agree to a compensation that does NOT include the #1 pick in this years draft.

The only control the Skins have in this is the power to tag or extend Kirk. Everything else is subject to negotiation.