• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The latest on KC

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the entire idea is a starting QB gets starting QB pay. That isn't how it should work because not all starting QBs are equal...sadly, that is how it goes.

Supply and demand... if the were 60 people capable of performing at the level of Cousins, then he wouldnt be able to demand getting paid what has become fair market value. Because that would drive the market value down. But as there are 32 teams, and only some where between 15 and 20 legit starters, the market value increases.

There fore Kirk Doesnt have to be as good as Rogers or Brady to get paid, because he is better than Oswieler and who ever the Jets currently have on roster.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the entire idea is a starting QB gets starting QB pay. That isn't how it should work because not all starting QBs are equal...sadly, that is how it goes.

It happens in all sports when talking about highly paid athletes. With their cap going way up the NBA is paying several complete unknowns tons of money. MLB has some insane contracts for guys who contribute next to nothing or even nothing (e.g. Josh Hamilton). Such is life.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you that think Kirk should be willing to give a home team discount, I ask why? Kirk has been here 5 years. The Redskins have never treated him like this was his home. OR his team. Even when he became the starter and put up 2 record breaking seasons, they still hedge on him. Which is fine, but don't expect loyalty or a home team discount if you don't offer loyalty and commitment in return.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you that think Kirk should be willing to give a home team discount, I ask why? Kirk has been here 5 years. The Redskins have never treated him like this was his home. OR his team. Even when he became the starter and put up 2 record breaking seasons, they still hedge on him. Which is fine, but don't expect loyalty or a home team discount if you don't offer loyalty and commitment in return.

I will add to that. We keep hearing reports that "Someone" in Ashburn still isnt sold on Kirk. Now we know the coach is acting like he expects Kirk back, and wants him back. The team president has done everything but come out and say I guarantee Kirk will get a long term deal.

That leave one of two people as the possible negative vote's. Danny or SMGM. And seriously if they arent sold at this point, trying to angle a trade is their only option. But as i have said, if thats the plan I suspect we get far less than they are hoping for.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC will be tagged and then we will work out the LTD i have said before and it will happen

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember some poster posting it I just don't know who. But I will respond why. IF SM said I will bring all the offensive players back if you take a discount deal. Wouldn't KC consider doing it? He has the best chance to win here then any other place that was rumored to want him. If its about winning he would stay.

I agree with you that this organization did treat him like shit when RG3 was here. Those days are water under the bridge now.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember some poster posting it I just don't know who. But I will respond why. IF SM said I will bring all the offensive players back if you take a discount deal. Wouldn't KC consider doing it? He has the best chance to win here then any other place that was rumored to want him. If its about winning he would stay.

If Scot came out and said this, it still holds no merit to Kirk taking a lower salary. Afterall, if Kirk is signed to a long term deal, or even if he plays on the tag.. the only thing stopping Scot from resigning all our offensive free agents is Scot. Not Kirks contract, not Kirks Salary cap hit. Trying to guilt the man into taking less because you were to stubborn to give him a fair offer last year is bullshit and we both know it.

I agree with you that this organization did treat him like shit when RG3 was here. Those days are water under the bridge now.

How can you say its water under the bridge when the coach had to basically put his JOB on the line just ot get the best guy for the job OK'd as the starter by the owner and team President?? NO sir, the specter of Bob still looms large over this whole mess.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So an extra $15-20 M over time is going to prevent the Redskins from re-signing their other offensive players? In what universe?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard on NFL network that a trade is a real possibility for KC. They did say it wont be 2 firsts. I still do it if SF offers this years 1 and 3.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard on NFL network that a trade is a real possibility for KC. They did say it wont be 2 firsts. I still do it if SF offers this years 1 and 3.
i heard KC for carlos hyde straight up and giving up a franchise qb for a 1st and a 3ed is stupid

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard KC for carlos hyde straight up and giving up a franchise qb for a 1st and a 3ed is stupid
i editted this before anyone could comment although dean laughed at it

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard Hyde and a 3rd, which is just as stupid. But I guarantee if we did do this, there would be people singing how great a move it was by the Skins to NOT overpay Cousins.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what are we going to argue over in March? everything has been covered and the rumors being entertained now are getting ridiculous.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what are we going to argue over in March? everything has been covered and the rumors being entertained now are getting ridiculous.

OH thats easy.

Once this plays out, no matter how it plays out...

There will be people glad we made the move, and people explaining in detail how we screwed it up.

Side note, I actually think Hyde and a 3rd is very possible if it turns out we dont really want to keep Cousins and the Niners figure that out. I know I have beat the Bailey trade to death. But it is the closest comparable. Mainly because unlike a draft trade where you are trading picks and the rookie is kind of stuck to go to who ever picks him. Forced trades rarely happen of veteran players. Mainly because the player would sooner not show up to the new team and try to force his release at that point.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look this could go to june the 15th . but lets be smart here . KC is playing the game the way he should and 80 mil to even 90 mil could be in the cards

now either you want KC or you dont . money is an excuse because we have it

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH thats easy.

Once this plays out, no matter how it plays out...

There will be people glad we made the move, and people explaining in detail how we screwed it up.

Side note, I actually think Hyde and a 3rd is very possible if it turns out we dont really want to keep Cousins and the Niners figure that out.

Seriously man, you need to quit it, a ham sandwich MUST be included. Every GM knows to pull the plug on a deal if this isn't included.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously man, you need to quit it, a ham sandwich MUST be included. Every GM knows to pull the plug on a deal if this isn't included.

Dont get me wrong. I think we will push for more. But there is timing involved on this thing. If the Skins are going to move Kirk, they are going to want it done well before the draft. And if its the Niners, at the end of the day they are going to want to get it done before the draft as well. A starting RB who is young and cheap might be enough to get the ball rolling. Two firsts is all but out of the question though. And again if the Skins are determined to move away from Cousins, we dont want to get stuck with him playing on the tag.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me wrong. I think we will push for more. But there is timing involved on this thing. If the Skins are going to move Kirk, they are going to want it done well before the draft. And if its the Niners, at the end of the day they are going to want to get it done before the draft as well. A starting RB who is young and cheap might be enough to get the ball rolling. Two firsts is all but out of the question though. And again if the Skins are determined to move away from Cousins, we dont want to get stuck with him playing on the tag.

I don't know what to think anymore, The Redskins are playing with fire and need to pay this dude his money.
Two 1st rounders are likely out of the question, sadly a 1st, a 3rd and that bum RB that stays on I.R. could be enough.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to think anymore, The Redskins are playing with fire and need to pay this dude his money.
Two 1st rounders are likely out of the question, sadly a 1st, a 3rd and that bum RB that stays on I.R. could be enough.

Bro Im telling you, if the Niners think we are just trying to move Kirk... that #2 pick is off the table. I could see us getting the RB and a 3rd, might push that to the RB and the #33 pick in this years draft. I could live with the #33 this year and a first next year if the Niners want to be kind mind you. But I dont see us getting the #2 unless we throw in the #17......