• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The latest on KC

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cousins extends then Reid should resign immediately. If he leaves the team & they have a bad season this year then Dean you are not allowed to complain- period! You wished for this so deal w/ it. Also - if Cousins leaves & they have a losing record next season then SM should be fired. No way we need to suffer through a 3-4 year rebuild when they are so close.

Why does it all come down to the 2017 season? I think with the draft pick deal we are better team maybe not in 2017 but In the future. Plus the bar is only set at 8 wins from last year. So anything is possible.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does it all come down to the 2017 season? I think with the draft pick deal we are better team maybe not in 2017 but In the future. Plus the bar is only set at 8 wins from last year. So anything is possible.

Oh Dean.. so confused.

The point is to get BETTER than what we did last year, so the Bar as you put it should be 10 wins minimum. But you are right, anything is possible. We could deal Kirk, take two defensive studs in the first round. And start Colt McCoy....

IF we do that we wont win more than six games. And then in 2018 you can be all uber excited as we trade the two firsts we have, plus the first from 2019 and another pick to move up and get Darnold.

tumblr_nzob1dgB2o1tvfibho1_r3_500.gif

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Dean.. so confused.

The point is to get BETTER than what we did last year, so the Bar as you put it should be 10 wins minimum. But you are right, anything is possible. We could deal Kirk, take two defensive studs in the first round. And start Colt McCoy....

IF we do that we wont win more than six games. And then in 2018 you can be all uber excited as we trade the two firsts we have, plus the first from 2019 and another pick to move up and get Darnold.

tumblr_nzob1dgB2o1tvfibho1_r3_500.gif

You cant predict the future. I love how you think this team is doomed without KC.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant predict the future. I love how you think this team is doomed without KC.

Without a QB the team is doomed. Thats kind of a law of the NFL.

But let me make sure i got you here. For me to say down grading at QB is likely to result in a setback for the team is inaccurate because I cant predict the future.

But for you to say, well with those two first round picks we are guaranteed to be a better team is some how NOT predicting the future?? Never mind that we have NO idea what we will get with those two first round picks. Never mind that one or BOTH of our first rounders could end up being wash outs, or simply miss the season due to injury.

See Dean I feel much safer in saying Kirk in this offense will improve or at worst NOT regress. There by the team SHOULD get better on the field.

Your prediction might make us better on paper. But with no idea what we will get at QB, odds are we will actually be worse on the field.

I could care less how sexy and exciting our off season is, I would rather have a situation where I can expect us to get better on the field.. not just HOPE we didnt fuck up again off the field.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a QB the team is doomed. Thats kind of a law of the NFL.

But let me make sure i got you here. For me to say down grading at QB is likely to result in a setback for the team is inaccurate because I cant predict the future.

But for you to say, well with those two first round picks we are guaranteed to be a better team is some how NOT predicting the future?? Never mind that we have NO idea what we will get with those two first round picks. Never mind that one or BOTH of our first rounders could end up being wash outs, or simply miss the season due to injury.

See Dean I feel much safer in saying Kirk in this offense will improve or at worst NOT regress. There by the team SHOULD get better on the field.

Your prediction might make us better on paper. But with no idea what we will get at QB, odds are we will actually be worse on the field.

I could care less how sexy and exciting our off season is, I would rather have a situation where I can expect us to get better on the field.. not just HOPE we didnt fuck up again off the field.

Point taken that we don't know how the draft picks would work either. I just feel the draft picks and the extra money in Fa will give us a lot more flexibility in the future. If KC plays on the franchise tag again for 1 year we have a worst future b/c he is probably not going to sign long term in 2018 with us. So my point is take what we can get for him right now.

If KC contract demands are too high then talk with SF and get their picks. In my opinion KC is going to hit the Redskins with the 80-90mg number. IF the Skins balk at that and take the 49ers picks, I don't see anything wrong with that. You feel that sets us up for doomsday.

So when March 1 hits the non-exclusive tag will be slapped on right away. You would be damn sure Kyle makes and offer to the Redskins for KC. Then we take it from there. Right? I just don't feel that a long term deal will get done between KC and the Skins from now until March 1. KC wants to get other offers from teams b/c he knows the Skins are not going to break that bank for him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point taken that we don't know how the draft picks would work either. I just feel the draft picks and the extra money in Fa will give us a lot more flexibility in the future. If KC plays on the franchise tag again for 1 year we have a worst future b/c he is probably not going to sign long term in 2018 with us. So my point is take what we can get for him right now.

If KC contract demands are too high then talk with SF and get their picks. In my opinion KC is going to hit the Redskins with the 80-90mg number. IF the Skins balk at that and take the 49ers picks, I don't see anything wrong with that. You feel that sets us up for doomsday.

So when March 1 hits the non-exclusive tag will be slapped on right away. You would be damn sure Kyle makes and offer to the Redskins for KC. Then we take it from there. Right? I just don't feel that a long term deal will get done between KC and the Skins from now until March 1. KC wants to get other offers from teams b/c he knows the Skins are not going to break that bank for him.

As I have said before, I dont think the Niners give up two first rounders. Its unrealistic. Kyle has a five year deal in place. If the Skins really dont want to pay Kirk, then that shifts the leverage in Kirks favor again because he in the end will decide which teams he talks with and what offer sheet he will ultimately sign. The Niners wont make an offer unless they know it will cost them LESS than two first rounders. Kyle might want Cousins.. badly in fact. But the reality of it is that if Kirk plays on the Franchise tag, they could get him a year later if needed and NOT burn two first rounders in the process. My guess is ig he goes to the Niners, we end up swapping positions in the first round, and best case, we get the extra First rounder in 2018 and a 3rd, maybe a 2nd in this years draft. The Niners need too much, and Kyle will remember vividly how badly over extending for a QB screwed us over. He's not going to do that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Inside info, the announcement comes mid week (wed) or later, Kirk agrees, 68m guaranteed.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have said before, I dont think the Niners give up two first rounders. Its unrealistic. Kyle has a five year deal in place. If the Skins really dont want to pay Kirk, then that shifts the leverage in Kirks favor again because he in the end will decide which teams he talks with and what offer sheet he will ultimately sign. The Niners wont make an offer unless they know it will cost them LESS than two first rounders. Kyle might want Cousins.. badly in fact. But the reality of it is that if Kirk plays on the Franchise tag, they could get him a year later if needed and NOT burn two first rounders in the process. My guess is ig he goes to the Niners, we end up swapping positions in the first round, and best case, we get the extra First rounder in 2018 and a 3rd, maybe a 2nd in this years draft. The Niners need too much, and Kyle will remember vividly how badly over extending for a QB screwed us over. He's not going to do that.

Kyle got a 6 year deal. Like I said before its only a 2018 first rounder b/c KS is going to draft a QB in this years draft if he doesn't get KC at #2. ITs actually a small price to pay for KS's guy.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inside info, the announcement comes mid week (wed) or later, Kirk agrees, 68m guaranteed.

Im actually ok with that number. Its more than fair.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle got a 6 year deal. Like I said before its only a 2018 first rounder b/c KS is going to draft a QB in this years draft if he doesn't get KC at #2. ITs actually a small price to pay for KS's guy.

Or he could simply give up that 2018 pick for Grap, not pay what you think is too much for Kirk in any case, and use that #2 this year to improve his team.

Again Dean.. its a simple question.... would you make the deal if you were in Kyles spot. Dont think like a Redskins fan desperate to get that #2 pick this year. Think like you were about to spend $90M+ and give up two first rounders. Would YOU do it??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or he could simply give up that 2018 pick for Grap, not pay what you think is too much for Kirk in any case, and use that #2 this year to improve his team.

Again Dean.. its a simple question.... would you make the deal if you were in Kyles spot. Dont think like a Redskins fan desperate to get that #2 pick this year. Think like you were about to spend $90M+ and give up two first rounders. Would YOU do it??

If I am KS, yes. I have an opportunity to get a guy that I have worked with and succeeded with in the past. Grap is a total wildcard and has not played in a full nfl season. KS wouldn't care about the money b/c his head coaching legacy is going to be tied to the success of KC if he is there.

Plus, KS is going to know that KC doesn't want to stay in Washington so maybe they can bring him over here for 75-80mg. Its a win win situation for both teams if KC doesn't want to stay with us.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am KS, yes. I have an opportunity to get a guy that I have worked with and succeeded with in the past. Grap is a total wildcard and has not played in a full nfl season. KS wouldn't care about the money b/c his head coaching legacy is going to be tied to the success of KC if he is there.

Plus, KS is going to know that KC doesn't want to stay in Washington so maybe they can bring him over here for 75-80mg. Its a win win situation for both teams if KC doesn't want to stay with us.

Again there is the rub. If Kyle KNOWS Kirk doesnt want to stay in DC, there is ZERO reason for him to pay a premium in draft picks for him. I know you are dumb and can figure this out. I have said time and again, look at the Champ Bailey trade. If Kirk wants out, the Skins will have to in a sense take what they can get. Because the other option is Kirk plays on the tag and in a year they get NOTHING.

Or do you honestly think Kirk playing on the tag will regress to the point where he wont get an offer or multiple offers next year?? And its not like Washington can just wait the Niners out. Because if they cant get a trade worked out buy the time Free Agency opens, all bets are off. Because thats about the time the Niners want to have a plan in place with or without Cousins.

I realize you are all giddy that we might get two first rounders for Cousins. BUt Im with Skinsdad on this one... if we deal him we wont get two firsts rounders for him. We MIGHT get the #2, but it will cost us the #17 in its place. That or we get the #2 and a 3rd rounder. But we aint getting two 1st round draft picks for a QB that we dont even want at that point.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again there is the rub. If Kyle KNOWS Kirk doesnt want to stay in DC, there is ZERO reason for him to pay a premium in draft picks for him. I know you are dumb and can figure this out. I have said time and again, look at the Champ Bailey trade. If Kirk wants out, the Skins will have to in a sense take what they can get. Because the other option is Kirk plays on the tag and in a year they get NOTHING.

Or do you honestly think Kirk playing on the tag will regress to the point where he wont get an offer or multiple offers next year?? And its not like Washington can just wait the Niners out. Because if they cant get a trade worked out buy the time Free Agency opens, all bets are off. Because thats about the time the Niners want to have a plan in place with or without Cousins.

I realize you are all giddy that we might get two first rounders for Cousins. BUt Im with Skinsdad on this one... if we deal him we wont get two firsts rounders for him. We MIGHT get the #2, but it will cost us the #17 in its place. That or we get the #2 and a 3rd rounder. But we aint getting two 1st round draft picks for a QB that we dont even want at that point.

If KS wants him this year he will pay the price. Simple as that. Plus you might see other teams jump into the equation once the non-exclusive tag is put on him. We are getting a first round pick for KC. You are just being dumb. You keep saying wait but teams don't want to wait. They will be acting now.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KS wants him this year he will pay the price. Simple as that. Plus you might see other teams jump into the equation once the non-exclusive tag is put on him. We are getting a first round pick for KC. You are just being dumb. You keep saying wait but teams don't want to wait. They will be acting now.

Says the guy ignoring fact and reason.

1. Fact, Kirk gets to CHOOSE what offer sheet he will sign.
2. Fact, If we are allowing Kirk to test the market, it likely means we dont want him.
3. Fact.. No one pays top dollar to buy something the seller is just trying to get rid of at that point.

Its nice to see you have backed off the we will get two first rounders for Kirk and have lowered expectations to we will get a First rounder for Kirk. Now at some point maybe you will realize we will be lucky to get away with swapping first rounders and giving up Kirk. And if you ever get it through that head of yours that if we get the #2 we will probably use it on a QB any way, you will finally realize just how stupid this whole line of thought is any way.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy ignoring fact and reason.

1. Fact, Kirk gets to CHOOSE what offer sheet he will sign.
2. Fact, If we are allowing Kirk to test the market, it likely means we dont want him.
3. Fact.. No one pays top dollar to buy something the seller is just trying to get rid of at that point.

Its nice to see you have backed off the we will get two first rounders for Kirk and have lowered expectations to we will get a First rounder for Kirk. Now at some point maybe you will realize we will be lucky to get away with swapping first rounders and giving up Kirk. And if you ever get it through that head of yours that if we get the #2 we will probably use it on a QB any way, you will finally realize just how stupid this whole line of thought is any way.

1. true
2. False. The Skins could be just wanting to see what teams would offer for him then sign him to a long term deal.
3. False. the Vikings paid the Eagles top dollar and they were trying to get rid of Bradford after they drafted Wentz.

Im not backing off anything. I think KS will pay the 2 first rounder's price. Small price to pay for what he feels is his "franchise qb". IF we do get the #2 overall pick there is no way in hell we are passing on Allen. You are making assumptions on our team and FA hasn't even started yet. Now who is thick headed?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. true
2. False. The Skins could be just wanting to see what teams would offer for him then sign him to a long term deal.
3. False. the Vikings paid the Eagles top dollar and they were trying to get rid of Bradford after they drafted Wentz.

Im not backing off anything. I think KS will pay the 2 first rounder's price. Small price to pay for what he feels is his "franchise qb". IF we do get the #2 overall pick there is no way in hell we are passing on Allen. You are making assumptions on our team and FA hasn't even started yet. Now who is thick headed?

Th Vikings were in a different spot. As in two weeks before the start of the season they lost their starting QB for the season. And one first rounder next year is no where near as steep as TWO firsts one of them being a top two pick.

And IM making assumptions because the moment we deal Kirk.. we dont HAVE a QB. Not a starter in any case. And if you say Colt could start... if they believed that, they would not have franchised Kirk last year. But if you are so dead set, take Skinsdad up on his bet. If you really think we are going to get two first rounders from the Niners, man up.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Th Vikings were in a different spot. As in two weeks before the start of the season they lost their starting QB for the season. And one first rounder next year is no where near as steep as TWO firsts one of them being a top two pick.

And IM making assumptions because the moment we deal Kirk.. we dont HAVE a QB. Not a starter in any case. And if you say Colt could start... if they believed that, they would not have franchised Kirk last year. But if you are so dead set, take Skinsdad up on his bet. If you really think we are going to get two first rounders from the Niners, man up.

The Vikings didn't have a starter when Bridgewater went down. Its the same thing. Cant take the bet b/c there are way too many factors involved. This will only get interesting if the non-exec tag gets slapped on KC.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings didn't have a starter when Bridgewater went down. Its the same thing. Cant take the bet b/c there are way too many factors involved. This will only get interesting if the non-exec tag gets slapped on KC.

The Vikings were a team with playoff aspirations.

The Niners are on Day one of a complete rebuild. So not nearly the same situation.

But assuming they give him the non exclusive tag, you think we will get two first rounders for him straight up correct??

So how is that to many factors?? correct me if Im wrong @skinsdad62

the bet was if Kirk gets the non exclusive tag and any team gives us two firsts straight up.. you retire as a Mod.

If Kirk gets the non exclusive tag and we end up getting anything less than two first rounders... Dean gets a Kirk Cousins tattoo right??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings were a team with playoff aspirations.

The Niners are on Day one of a complete rebuild. So not nearly the same situation.

But assuming they give him the non exclusive tag, you think we will get two first rounders for him straight up correct??

So how is that to many factors?? correct me if Im wrong @skinsdad62

the bet was if Kirk gets the non exclusive tag and any team gives us two firsts straight up.. you retire as a Mod.

If Kirk gets the non exclusive tag and we end up getting anything less than two first rounders... Dean gets a Kirk Cousins tattoo right??

lol. no. A long term deal could be reached, other teams might join in the race for KC, and have to see where the other QB's go in FA. Too many factors.