• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last of Us

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Viewership increased for Episode 4, so I guess the review bombing didn't work.

I hope they can keep the quality, but it's great to see viewership numbers increasing every week.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think you would be hurting the developers and distributors more... but still my point is that boycotting / blacklisting a game based on some comments that don't affect the game in any way or aren't part of the game or story is more reactionary than just giving a 1 score to one episode based on the episode's content.
you never said anything about it being reactionary or not...you said boycotting "is worse than giving it a few 1 or 2 scores"

if you don't want to support an artist, not buying their product is the way to go.

if said person ALSO goes and puts a 1 or 2 star review based on the artist being an asshole, than that is reactionary.

I do agree with you that if you are going to rate the product, rate the product. Leave bias out of it.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. It was a great episode, I get why it would be a 10 for some people. We are watching TLoU every Saturday with my wife, and she was amazed by how we felt about this episode, we felt actual sadness and empathy, even when many times we just roll our eyes because of the way gay people are inserted into stories.
they didn't change any sexual orientation of the characters from the source material...nothing was "inserted"

and gay people exist and should be represented in media...they are a part of everyday life. I don't get what you would be rolling your eyes at here.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they didn't change any sexual orientation of the characters from the source material...nothing was "inserted"

and gay people exist and should be represented in media...they are a part of everyday life. I don't get what you would be rolling your eyes at here.

I said we roll our eyes at the way gay characters are inserted into stories sometimes, too often just to check a box. Many times the gay character is depicted as a flamboyant oversexual whore, something that doesn't really match what we see IRL. That's why we loved this episode, it depicted normal people having a normal relationship, something that we felt and connected with.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said we roll our eyes at the way gay characters are inserted into stories sometimes, too often just to check a box. Many times the gay character is depicted as a flamboyant oversexual whore, something that doesn't really match what we see IRL. That's why we loved this episode, it depicted normal people having a normal relationship, something that we felt and connected with.
ok so it's more the depiction rather than just the fact that they are there. I get that.

I have met plenty of flamboyant gays though.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so it's more the depiction rather than just the fact that they are there. I get that.

I have met plenty of flamboyant gays though.

The ones I've met (for a while I worked at a place where a lot of our customers were gay) like to become flamboyant under some circumstances, it's like dressing up. But being like that all the time would be too tiresome even for them.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ones I've met (for a while I worked at a place where a lot of our customers were gay) like to become flamboyant under some circumstances, it's like dressing up. But being like that all the time would be too tiresome even for them.
I think 90's gay representation in shows was way over the top and even cringy from the gay community.

it has come down some but there are still the flamboyant ones out there...because they do still exist.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good episode. I don't remember in the game what happened at the end of the episode so that was interesting and a bit of a shock to me. Nice to get a rare treat on Friday with these HBO series, thanks to the SBOWL lol. Still pretty good series and chugging along outside of the Lifetime movie.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw 4 and 5 tonight. Heartbreaking what happened to Henry and Sam.

Basically the "freedom fighters" were wiped out, right?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good episode. I don't remember in the game what happened at the end of the episode so that was interesting and a bit of a shock to me. Nice to get a rare treat on Friday with these HBO series, thanks to the SBOWL lol. Still pretty good series and chugging along outside of the Lifetime movie.
I’ll have to watch it again, because I was half in the bag Friday when I watched. One thought I do have is that it seems like they’re rushing a bit? Really think they could have built this situation out a bit more and stretched it over a few episodes.

I mean, I’m glad they aren’t going “Walking Dead” and stretching it out over three seasons, but they just seem to be going too fast? Clearly there’s something they’re racing towards, or a goal they want to reach by season’s end.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll have to watch it again, because I was half in the bag Friday when I watched. One thought I do have is that it seems like they’re rushing a bit? Really think they could have built this situation out a bit more and stretched it over a few episodes.

I mean, I’m glad they aren’t going “Walking Dead” and stretching it out over three seasons, but they just seem to be going too fast? Clearly there’s something they’re racing towards, or a goal they want to reach by season’s end.

They spent quite a bit of budget on it, Payton, so I agree with you. Maybe they have plans for a second season beyond the main story? Who knows.

That's why it was so weird to me why episode 3 was a Lifetime movie shoved in. One of the most out of place episodes ever in a TV show... yet our PC/SJW culture says it's the best thing ever :noidea:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me ot appeared to be a deep dive into a back story. I'll have to watch the rest of the series to determine why such a deep dive was deemed necessary. I mean by that, why no deep dives into other perifrial characters? Hell, have we seen all the main characters so explained? Time will tell. However, so far really enjoying the series 2 thumbs up from me.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me ot appeared to be a deep dive into a back story. I'll have to watch the rest of the series to determine why such a deep dive was deemed necessary. I mean by that, why no deep dives into other perifrial characters? Hell, have we seen all the main characters so explained? Time will tell. However, so far really enjoying the series 2 thumbs up from me.

Yes, the rest of the series has followed the game really close, so why specifically that background and character story was needed is beyond me (would've rather seen Tess, Joel, or even Ellie expanded on - which maybe they'll do - or even Henry and Sam). It felt like it had a super PC/SJW agenda to it. To your point, maybe not? But we know those characters are dead and there's nothing really they can offer at this point.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They spent quite a bit of budget on it, Payton, so I agree with you. Maybe they have plans for a second season beyond the main story? Who knows.

That's why it was so weird to me why episode 3 was a Lifetime movie shoved in. One of the most out of place episodes ever in a TV show... yet our PC/SJW culture says it's the best thing ever :noidea:
Upon second time watching, episode 5 was well done, succinct and to the point. I suppose they could have gone a bit more into depth on Kathleen, but still managed to get the point across. I didn’t mind Episode 3. They took a deeper look into Bill and gave him soul. I think if you boil any apocalyptic show down, they are all about trying to find a purpose or trying to re-establish a “normal”. Whatever that may be. People seeking stability. Bill and Frank actually found it. Maybe that was the point?

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the first couple of episodes, Ellie was starting to annoy me, but now I'm really liking the character. 4-5 were probably the weakest episodes so far, mostly because it was a bit rushed (and Melanie Lynskey wasn't a great casting for that character), but it was still a superb couple of episodes.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does feel like they've covered an awful lot of ground in 5 episodes

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kind of surprised a number of people here did not like an earlier episode, and still continue to cry about it, even though I thought it was pretty great. No big deal, I like and dislike a lot of things others do not feel the same way about. Then reading threads about other shows I read some of the same complaints about other shows. That clears things up. Well you were never going to like episode 3 so why pretend your dislike is based on the show at all? It's more about you than the show.

It is kind of adorable how you try to outshock each other in your reviews (lifetime movie, autistic fan fiction etc) in order to gain the approval of other "straight minded" people like yourselves. Its weak as shit but kind of adorable none the less.

Just be open about your predjudices and save everyone some time you fuckin' cunts.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kind of surprised a number of people here did not like an earlier episode, and still continue to cry about it, even though I thought it was pretty great. No big deal, I like and dislike a lot of things others do not feel the same way about. Then reading threads about other shows I read some of the same complaints about other shows. That clears things up. Well you were never going to like episode 3 so why pretend your dislike is based on the show at all? It's more about you than the show.

It is kind of adorable how you try to outshock each other in your reviews (lifetime movie, autistic fan fiction etc) in order to gain the approval of other "straight minded" people like yourselves. Its weak as shit but kind of adorable none the less.

Just be open about your predjudices and save everyone some time you fuckin' cunts.
yea there are a bunch of "those people" here

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yea there are a bunch of "those people" here
Ah you guys found each other.. just like Bill and frank. :thumb: