• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last of Us

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for pointing out obvious mistakes such as the terrain being completely wrong for west of Boston but feels like we splitting hairs here lol

If a cassette player or terrain features are the only nitpicks, the show is doing a great job.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand why anybody would dislike the best episode of television of all time.

It had everything you could have possibly wanted in a show about a zombie apocalypse.

No zombies? Check.
A plot that focusses on side characters we'll never see again and could be skipped without missing anything? Check.
Contrived, cliche plot? Check.
Gay buttsex? Check.

I cried so hard.
It was an excellent episode no doubt. The best episode of TV of all Time? Nah I can't buy that...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for pointing out obvious mistakes such as the terrain being completely wrong for west of Boston but feels like we splitting hairs here lol
After 20 years or so, vegetation could begin to overgrow man-made structures, but mountains won't grow in any time soon...

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been watching. Been a let down. Episodes 1 & 4 are alright. Episode 2 - meh. Episode 3 made me want to stop watching, Episode 4 saved it, I’ll watch next week. It already lost the wife.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been watching. Been a let down. Episodes 1 & 4 are alright. Episode 2 - meh. Episode 3 made me want to stop watching, Episode 4 saved it, I’ll watch next week. It already lost the wife.
Interesting. The general consensus is that episode 3 was outstanding/

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. The general consensus is that episode 3 was outstanding/

Yes, because it was a LGBTQ thing... so it was 'strong and powerful' across the PC/SJW critics and the brainwashed dolts of America today.

I don't know why it's so strong and powerful now... because it fits the agenda? Uh... Brokeback Mountain was a great movie too but I guess it was ahead of it's time? This 'Lifetime movie' was so out of place it was ridiculous. I literally thought I misclicked something and was watching a different movie about halfway through. It derailed from the overall story but according to the brainwashed SJW society: "IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL AND POWERFUL! AND OH MY GOOOOOD WE NEED TO RECOGNIZE THAT AS PEOPLE!" Uh huh..

Best television episode in history? ........ :pound:Give me a fuckin' break. There was nothing new here, it's been done MANY times before and done FAR better (but the agenda wasn't in full swing back then), it was out of place, it dragged on too long, hell the video game actually did the story better (spoiler: they get fed up with each other after 20 years and the guy that arrived - see don't even remember his name that's how much impact it left, bet those 10 raters don't remember either - leaves a note that says he hated him before he went off and died) and you actually had to decide whether to give the note... it was a far more tragic ending than this steaming pile.

It's the same bullshit like Disney marketing "THE FIRST BLACK SUPERHERO!" with regards to Boring Panther, and people that aren't sheeple with a bit of sanity are like, "Uh.... Blade?" (which was a far better movie than that Marvel garbage spewing out today).

Last edited:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because it was a LGBTQ thing... so it was 'strong and powerful' across the PC/SJW critics and the brainwashed dolts of America today.

I don't know why it's so strong and powerful now... because it fits the agenda? Uhhh, Brokeback Mountain was a great movie too but I guess it was ahead of it's time?

Why yes I think it was..

This 'Lifetime movie' was so out of place it was ridiculous. I literally thought I misclicked something and was watching a different movie about halfway through. It derailed from the overall story but according to the brainwashed SJW society: "IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL AND POWERFUL! AND OH MY GOOOOOD WE NEED TO RECOGNIZE THAT AS PEOPLE!" Uh huh..

Best television episode in history? ........ :pound:Give me a fuckin' break. There was nothing new here, it's been done MANY times before and done FAR better (but the agenda wasn't in full swing back then), it was out of place, it dragged on too long, hell the video game actually did the story better (spoiler: they get fed up with each other after 20 years and the guy that arrived - see don't even remember his name that's how much impact it left, bet those 10 raters don't remember either - leaves a note that says he hated him before he went off and died) and you actually had to decide whether to give the note... it was a far more tragic ending than this steaming pile.

It's the same bullshit like Disney marketing "THE FIRST BLACK SUPERHERO!" with regards to Boring Panther, and people that aren't sheeple with a bit of sanity are like, "Uh.... Blade?" (which was a far better movie than that Marvel garbage spewing out today).
I get that it was a LGBTQQQ type story and that's one reason why this portrayal was applauded so much. Yes, portrayals between gay people is not a novelty anymore but I think stories that portray gays and gay relationships without being obviously about gay people is still relatively new. I.e. ugly people that don't display many, if any, of the "typical" gay behaviors ala Will and Grace.

Anyhow that's why I thought the episode was well done while not thinking it was also the "best tv episode" of all time. (Reserved for a Twilight Zone episode or "The Contest" from Seinfeld or something. ;) )

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts and prayers in this troubling time.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah but there's the inverse of this too....

A bunch of people go out and rate things 10 because PC/SJW bullshit or they want to counter all the people with negative ratings. In fact (and Disney is famous for this) a lot of times fake accounts are created to hype up a movie. So there's the other side of it too... big studios routinely buy off critics as well to rate their movies high (same with video game Companies). Generally no surprise that EA games who just reskins things 90% of the time and advertises like hell gets decent to high ratings on basically every one of their mostly monotonous, same ol' shit games. Or Disney who churns out the same bullshit re-skinned, CGI, PC/SJW crapfest somehow gets high ratings when everyone who is sane know it sucks.

I wouldn't rate the episode a ONE, but I said it was a poor episode from the get go and not changing my opinion. I get with a series/movie you have more creative luxury to expand on things or do something different, but did we REALLY need THAT story to stretch on for 45 fuckin' minutes? I mean Jesus... could've been just as effective in 20 minutes. I don't work on the show but I would not be surprised if there was a clear PC agenda here. Hollyweird and the PC/SJW warriors are already calling it the best television show in HISTORY. WHAT!? Go make Brokeback Mountain 2.0 if that's your thing, it had zero place in this show and the story. I think it was simply to stretch out the series so they can make money, and what better way to get ratings than throw in some LGBTQ shit.

I don't mind gay people at all (I have a couple gay friends, and know some gay co-workers that are great!). Hell most that I meet keep everything clean, make everything look fabulous, have great personalities, and they can't create another shit-kicker kid. Jesus I wish more would move near me so my property value would go up.

That said, the episode dragged ON AND ON with this story. This could've been a Lifetime movie and nobody would've batted an eye. You've got a series (basically a movie at this point) that's about zombies and a tragic event just happened and Ellie/Joel are together for the first time on their own, let's make the episode 4/5 about a gay couple that had fairly little relevance in the overall story. You could've removed that entire story and nobody would've thought anything of it. It didn't advance the story, it was pure filler. At some point I actually thought I misclicked something and was watching a different movie or series. I would've felt the same had it been a man and woman with the same story thrown in for 45 minutes. It was just WAAAAAAAY out of place. It felt entirely like a different show/series.
You should cry moar

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 100% splitting hairs.

I'm not knocking they show, I am enjoying it...just thought that was funny.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know why it's so strong and powerful now... because it fits the agenda? Uh... Brokeback Mountain was a great movie too but I guess it was ahead of it's time? This 'Lifetime movie' was so out of place it was ridiculous. I literally thought I misclicked something and was watching a different movie about halfway through. It derailed from the overall story but according to the brainwashed SJW society: "IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL AND POWERFUL! AND OH MY GOOOOOD WE NEED TO RECOGNIZE THAT AS PEOPLE!" Uh huh..

I've never seen someone so triggered over this.

It must have really hurt you.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You all keep saying Lifetime movie

I must've missed the zombie post apocalypse lifetime flick that involved the main character being a survivalist who trapped his eventual interest inside a zombie trap.

The show version was not wildly far off the implied content of the game. It was just too specific for some folks tastes.

And I am one that have complained about shows taking the gay thing too far. Cough True Blood. I stopped watching that show because they had to make every single character gay or bi curious.

I can list many examples...but this didn't. Not in my opinion

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I must've missed the zombie post apocalypse lifetime flick that involved the main character being a survivalist who trapped his eventual interest inside a zombie trap.

The show version was not wildly far off the implied content of the game. It was just too specific for some folks tastes.

And I am one that have complained about shows taking the gay thing too far. Cough True Blood. I stopped watching that show because they had to make every single character gay or bi curious.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've said it before but I thought it was a good piece of world building. They have an entire season to fill with episodes.

I guess my question would be had they been just a hetero couple and Bill had caught a woman in his trap, would they be grasping their pearls over it? I don't think it would be as profound an episode, but I don't know if that was the actors doing or what...

on the other hand, had they done an episode where a hetero couple falls in love, would I be complaining that the episode was a waste of time and didn't move the story? Unsure.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before but I thought it was a good piece of world building. They have an entire season to fill with episodes.

I guess my question would be had they been just a hetero couple and Bill had caught a woman in his trap, would they be grasping their pearls over it? I don't think it would be as profound an episode, but I don't know if that was the actors doing or what...

on the other hand, had they done an episode where a hetero couple falls in love, would I be complaining that the episode was a waste of time and didn't move the story? Unsure.

Hmm i don't know either. I will say it's one spot where the story could be more impactful being a couple of gay dudes.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm i don't know either. I will say it's one spot where the story could be more impactful being a couple of gay dudes.
the complaint earlier in this thread was that Ep 3 was their first opportunity to have an episode with just Ellie and Joel and they wasted it.

Seeing Ep 4, they didn't waste a whole lot. There will be plenty of scenes with the two of them together and build on their story.

Shit, I want to know the background on the new chick in Ep 4 now. Give me all the backgrounds. Everyone in this show has their own story and that is kind of awesome.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would still be a full episode love story of 2 one off Characters in a Zombie apocalypse series.

We all expect the main players relationships to evolve over time and for the show to spend time on the relationships.
We know it can't be blood & guts action 24/7

But you can't turn an entire episode into the "Young and the Restless" and expect it to be everybody's cup of Tea.

I'm glad for those who loved the episode. But some of those very people feel it's unacceptable that others did not care for it.