• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last of Us

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So… If you care enough to do so, the official podcast addresses almost every question that has been asked in this thread so far.

Keep in mind, anyone wondering why the show deviates from the game at any point, that the writer of the game story is also pretty much the writer for the show, so he most certainly has reasons…
did they talk about how she knew what a cassette tape was?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you approve of review bombing the episode because butthurt gamers can't get over a little storytelling?
I think IMDB needs to get rid of their rating system much like Youtube did.

By allowing people to express opinions you allow for negative opinions to be expressed. If those negative opinions are expressed about things that educated and smart people agree are not negative it can lead to creators feeling bad. And if creators feel bad they can experience depression and other mental health issues. Some might even commit suicide.

• Boring
Reactions: ill

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the takes here are just so so shocking!

And try so hard to be shocking.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did they talk about how she knew what a cassette tape was?
You got me there. Though I would say that Ellie seems to be a bit of a music aficionado from what we saw of her identifying song decades on the radio… Maybe she’s vaguely familiar with cassette tapes? ‍♂️

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see someone Ellies age knowing what a cassette tape is. I knew what an 8 track was and have never listened to one in my life

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Last of Us meets The Super Mario Bros. Movie on SNL:

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see someone Ellies age knowing what a cassette tape is. I knew what an 8 track was and have never listened to one in my life
Yet she didn't know what a seatbelt was?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think IMDB needs to get rid of their rating system much like Youtube did.

By allowing people to express opinions you allow for negative opinions to be expressed. If those negative opinions are expressed about things that educated and smart people agree are not negative it can lead to creators feeling bad. And if creators feel bad they can experience depression and other mental health issues. Some might even commit suicide.

That was a dumb change YouTube did. Look, not everything you create will always be GOOD or positive by the majority. That's called life. Not everyone should get a participation trophy and applauded for every little thing they do. YouTube started seeing backlash on all the SJW/PC bullshit that mainstream media was pushing, and probably got pressure to remove negative ratings because the major Corps that are all SJW/PC whined and complained (and Google is very much that way too).

The negative ratings basically said, "Your content or message sucks. F off." There were PLENTY of videos on YouTube that had negative ratings with a OVERWHELMINGLY larger positive rating. And why? Because people liked the content. Removing all ratings or bitching out like YouTube did is a bullshit solution.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think review bombing something like that is childish.

if you don't like it, that's fine...but to go on IMDB with posting multiple 1 star reviews to bring down the overall rating is lame.

looks like it is mostly non-US users who did it too..unless they just claim to be non-US

View attachment 320457

Yah but there's the inverse of this too....

A bunch of people go out and rate things 10 because PC/SJW bullshit or they want to counter all the people with negative ratings. In fact (and Disney is famous for this) a lot of times fake accounts are created to hype up a movie. So there's the other side of it too... big studios routinely buy off critics as well to rate their movies high (same with video game Companies). Generally no surprise that EA games who just reskins things 90% of the time and advertises like hell gets decent to high ratings on basically every one of their mostly monotonous, same ol' shit games. Or Disney who churns out the same bullshit re-skinned, CGI, PC/SJW crapfest somehow gets high ratings when everyone who is sane know it sucks.

I wouldn't rate the episode a ONE, but I said it was a poor episode from the get go and not changing my opinion. I get with a series/movie you have more creative luxury to expand on things or do something different, but did we REALLY need THAT story to stretch on for 45 fuckin' minutes? I mean Jesus... could've been just as effective in 20 minutes. I don't work on the show but I would not be surprised if there was a clear PC agenda here. Hollyweird and the PC/SJW warriors are already calling it the best television show in HISTORY. WHAT!? Go make Brokeback Mountain 2.0 if that's your thing, it had zero place in this show and the story. I think it was simply to stretch out the series so they can make money, and what better way to get ratings than throw in some LGBTQ shit.

I don't mind gay people at all (I have a couple gay friends, and know some gay co-workers that are great!). Hell most that I meet keep everything clean, make everything look fabulous, have great personalities, and they can't create another shit-kicker kid. Jesus I wish more would move near me so my property value would go up.

That said, the episode dragged ON AND ON with this story. This could've been a Lifetime movie and nobody would've batted an eye. You've got a series (basically a movie at this point) that's about zombies and a tragic event just happened and Ellie/Joel are together for the first time on their own, let's make the episode 4/5 about a gay couple that had fairly little relevance in the overall story. You could've removed that entire story and nobody would've thought anything of it. It didn't advance the story, it was pure filler. At some point I actually thought I misclicked something and was watching a different movie or series. I would've felt the same had it been a man and woman with the same story thrown in for 45 minutes. It was just WAAAAAAAY out of place. It felt entirely like a different show/series.

Last edited:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah but there's the inverse of this too....

A bunch of people go out at rate things 10 because PC/SJW bullshit or they want to counter all the people with negative ratings. In fact (and Disney is famous for this) a lot of times fake accounts or created to hype up a movie. So there's the other side of it too... big studios routinely buy off critics as well to rate their movies high (same with video game Companies). Generally no surprise that EA games who just reskins things 90% of the time and advertises like hell gets decent to high ratings on basically every one of their mostly monotonous, same ol' shit games. Or Disney who churns out the same bullshit re-skinned, CGI, PC/SJW crapfest somehow gets high ratings when everyone who is sane know it sucks.

I wouldn't rate the episode a ONE, but I said it was a poor episode from the get go and not changing my opinion. I get with a series/movie you have more creative luxury to expand on things or do something different, but did we REALLY need THAT story to stretch on for 45 fuckin' minutes? I mean Jesus... could've been just as effective in 20 minutes. I don't work on the show but I would not be surprised if there was a clear PC agenda here. Hollyweird and the PC/SJW warriors are already calling it the best television show in HISTORY. WHAT!? Go make Brokeback Mountain 2.0 if that's your thing, it had zero place in this show and the story. I think it was simply to stretch out the series so they can make money, and what better way to get ratings than throw in some LGBTQ shit.

I don't mind gay people at all (I have a couple gay friends, and know some gay co-workers that are great!). Hell most that I meet keep everything clean, make everything look fabulous, have great personalities, and they can't create another shit-kicker kid. Jesus I wish more would move near me so my property value would go up.

That said, the episode dragged ON AND ON with this story. This could've been a Lifetime movie and nobody would've batted an eye. You've got a series (basically a movie at this point) that's about zombies and a tragic event just happened and Ellie/Joel are together for the first time on their own, let's make the episode 4/5 about a gay couple that had fairly little relevance in the overall story. You could've removed that entire story and nobody would've thought anything of it. It didn't advance the story, it was pure filler. At some point I actually thought I misclicked something and was watching a different movie or series. I would've felt the same had it been a man and woman with the same story thrown in for 45 minutes. It was just WAAAAAAAY out of place. It felt entirely like a different show/series.
I just don't understand why anybody would dislike the best episode of television of all time.

It had everything you could have possibly wanted in a show about a zombie apocalypse.

No zombies? Check.
A plot that focusses on side characters we'll never see again and could be skipped without missing anything? Check.
Contrived, cliche plot? Check.
Gay buttsex? Check.

I cried so hard.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand why anybody would dislike the best episode of television of all time.

It had everything you could have possibly wanted in a show about a zombie apocalypse.

No zombies? Check.
A plot that focusses on side characters we'll never see again and could be skipped without missing anything? Check.
Contrived, cliche plot? Check.
Gay buttsex? Check.

I cried so hard.

Cave! You're just so passionate and caring!

Let's grow some strawberries together!

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cave! You're just so passionate and caring!

Let's grow some strawberries together!
You know, that's something else that doesn't make much sense. You don't often start growing strawberries from seeds. Those fuckers come back every year and are pretty resilient. You'd usually get starts in my limited experience.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good episode 3 tonight.

So we've got episode 1-3 and a Lifetime movie thrown in randomly. Alright!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K, so it was KC, not Pittsburgh. The summary afterwards said basically, “Yeah, Pittsburgh was next, but KC was more like what Calgary (where we filmed) looks like.”… Really doesn’t matter I suppose.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet she didn't know what a seatbelt was?
Well, she never got in a car before. But I would imagine things like cassettes and players would still be highly sought after things along with records and cd's for scavengers. They still exist now.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, she never got in a car before. But I would imagine things like cassettes and players would still be highly sought after things along with records and cd's for scavengers. They still exist now.

I'm all for pointing out obvious mistakes such as the terrain being completely wrong for west of Boston but feels like we splitting hairs here lol