• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last of Us

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a tiny detail if it doesn't mean a damn thing. Who cares if she was an ADA from Nebraska or a damn nurse from New Orleans. No matter what her backstory is, it has NO effect on her whatsoever. It literally makes no difference, so who cares?

You are making a big deal out of nothing. Who cares if it's a dog or a tester or a metal detector type machine or a blood test? It makes NO difference on the storyline. I think you need to stop being a Karen.

Or, better yet, stop watching. Noone is making you sit through this poorly written show with scenes with dogs and an unrealistic career choice for 1 character.
If something doesn’t matter, then why say it?

It’s about the only detail we know about her. And it’s obviously not true.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If something doesn’t matter, then why say it?

It’s about the only detail we know about her. And it’s obviously not true.
Once again...who cares what her career is? It's useless, unimportant, forgettable. Only people who are trying to find something wrong with this show would have a problem with that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again...who cares what her career is? It's useless, unimportant, forgettable. Only people who are trying to find something wrong with this show would have a problem with that.
There is very little dialogue the last two episodes aside from Ellie and Joel.

When others speak, I listen.

Seems like listening to what characters say is how we learn about the situation. Eastern Colorado University is a weeks ride, we know because Tommy told us. The dam supplies power to the commune full of communists, because a woman who got her undergrad at 14 told us.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is very little dialogue the last two episodes aside from Ellie and Joel.

When others speak, I listen.

Seems like listening to what characters say is how we learn about the situation. Eastern Colorado University is a weeks ride, we know because Tommy told us. The dam supplies power to the commune full of communists, because a woman who got her undergrad at 14 told us.
But the age thing, it's an assumption being made by you. Why make the assumption? I think it's very stupid to rag on the show because of the not-needed, unimportant and irrelevent background of 1 of hundreds of characters on the show. Like, get over it lol. If it's that big of a deal to you, I suggest you stop watching and just wait for spoilers.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the age thing, it's an assumption being made by you. Why make the assumption? I think it's very stupid to rag on the show because of the not-needed, unimportant and irrelevent background of 1 of hundreds of characters on the show. Like, get over it lol. If it's that big of a deal to you, I suggest you stop watching and just wait for spoilers.
She said she was the ADA.

It’s 20 years later.

She’s pregnant.

Other than ignoring dialogue, how does that shake out to you? I know, I know, you just don’t pay attention to what the characters tell the audience, right?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of hundreds!?!

There are four living people with names. Cmon now.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She said she was the ADA.

It’s 20 years later.

She’s pregnant.

Other than ignoring dialogue, how does that shake out to you? I know, I know, you just don’t pay attention to what the characters tell the audience, right?
it just doesn't really matter.

I am still annoyed that Ellie knows how what a cassette tape is though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it just doesn't really matter.

I am still annoyed that Ellie knows how what a cassette tape is though.
Maybe it does matter?

There isn’t much small talk in this. Aside from Bill and Frank’s sweet nothings.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it does matter?

There isn’t much small talk in this. Aside from Bill and Frank’s sweet nothings.
well the big information is Ellie and Joel's pasts. Maria feeds into Joel's some...but she is just a side character (NPC, if you will) and is in a single episode. What she did for a living 20 yrs ago makes absolutely no impact on the story.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the big information is Ellie and Joel's pasts. Maria feeds into Joel's some...but she is just a side character (NPC, if you will) and is in a single episode. What she did for a living 20 yrs ago makes absolutely no impact on the story.
62F7BBA6-BBF5-4A07-9F09-B703750509B2.gif

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it does matter?

So this kind of the point here.

Really good shows pay attention to details like this. Things characters say matter.

This whole woman's backstory makes zero sense.

I keep hearing how amazing this show is but every damn episode there's stupid stuff like this. It's like Game of Thrones season 5-8 level of not giving a fuck about anything.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already know what happens. I played the game.

But just in case you want to know....

In the final episode we will finally get some closure on the whole "will-they-won't-they" dynamic between Joel and Ellie.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was kinda hoping the dog would bite her in her weird face.

Maybe next week when they go fuck around in a mall for some reason.
I was kinda hoping Ellie would take the dog out with her knife before it got a chance to sniff anything.

And then the people from Jackson would be like "Good. You passed our test. That dog was a very bad boy."

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really good shows pay attention to details like this. Things characters say matter.

I keep hearing how amazing this show is but every damn episode there's stupid stuff like this. It's like Game of Thrones season 5-8 level of not giving a fuck about anything.
I get what you are saying.

but it also isn't at all important what she did 20 yrs ago.

my biggest criticism is that they seem to be moving pretty quickly across the country...it just feels rushed all around and I am kind of losing interest.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying.

but it also isn't at all important what she did 20 yrs ago.

my biggest criticism is that they seem to be moving pretty quickly across the country...it just feels rushed all around and I am kind of losing interest.
If they follow the story of Maria from the story yeah, it won't affect anything. But they've already changed the character so who knows.

One good change they made was Joel's injury. In the game he falls like 10 feet down, gets impaled, and somehow lives.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where do you keep hearing this? This whole thread for 2 weeks has been you complaining, not people praising it as the best show ever. People liked episode 3. Are you going to get over that any time soon?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If she’s not lying to the girl for some sinister reason, why even have the line?

So I can wonder if micro dosing the zombie mushroom will allow 60 year old women to look hot and not have hot flashes?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If she’s not lying to the girl for some sinister reason, why even have the line?

So I can wonder if micro dosing the zombie mushroom will allow 60 year old women to look hot and not have hot flashes?
Let's not talk smack about hot 60 year old pregnant black women.

That's probably my #1 most googled phrase of all time.

Last edited:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you keep hearing this? This whole thread for 2 weeks has been you complaining, not people praising it as the best show ever. People liked episode 3. Are you going to get over that any time soon?
I guess I just see and hear stuff outside this thread sometimes.

Like when I didn't post anything in it for 2+ weeks.