• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passengers..

It can accurately be described as Science Fiction romance. That's it in a nutshell.

Rating it is easy.

+1 for Jennifer Lawrence who's still a hottie
+1 for the Sci-fi around self sustaining spaceships in long flight.

2/5

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hail, Caesar
The acting was good. The movie scenes within the movie scenes were done well.
Had some funny parts, but this movie just fell flat for me. It seemed like it moved along pretty good, but it just wasn't that great. Won't be watching this one again.
5/10
Its an acquired taste but I must admit that I hadn't thought of the movie in months and it was brought up during O Brother Where Are Though and I remembered that it was pretty good. Hail Caesar is admittedly very forgettable.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La La Land

9/10. Good music, good humor, good ending. I thought the best part was when Gosling was explaining to Stone about what makes jazz so great. I thought the opening musical number didn't quite hit, and the first 15 minutes were kind of dragging, but it took off after that.

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passengers..

It can accurately be described as Science Fiction romance. That's it in a nutshell.

Rating it is easy.

+1 for Jennifer Lawrence who's still a hottie
+1 for the Sci-fi around self sustaining spaceships in long flight.

2/5

Just got back with the wife seeing it. I liked the plot, but the writing was fucking horrible.

JLaw-
54104718.jpg

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back with the wife seeing it. I liked the plot, but the writing was fucking horrible.

JLaw-
54104718.jpg

Pratt screwed up.. He was on the verge on spending a life-time on a "desert island" with J-Law

It was ok. There were some parts that were better than other. It got a little schlocky at the end.

His dilemma is interesting although I think the Lawrence character would have done the same to ease her pain too.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw "Fences" 4.5/5

Not special effects, car chases, or explosions. Pure dialogue which the actors pull off extremely well. Mykelti Williamson was great as uncle Gabriel, a touched in the head war vet. Wasn't what I expected what this film would be about, but was pleasantly surprised.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La La Land

9/10. Good music, good humor, good ending. I thought the best part was when Gosling was explaining to Stone about what makes jazz so great. I thought the opening musical number didn't quite hit, and the first 15 minutes were kind of dragging, but it took off after that.

The ending was spectacular, as it captured the theme of the movie and the natural dilemma so well without giving an answer. Similar but slightly worse than "the look" at the end of Whiplash. Which frankly is how I would describe the movie...similar but slightly worse than Whiplash. That's not some big diss by the way. Whiplash is one of the three best movies I've ever seen while La La Land was merely one of the best three I saw this year. Highly recommend it.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Right. Going in, I knew nothing about it. That shit had me laughing.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw "Fences" 4.5/5

Not special effects, car chases, or explosions. Pure dialogue which the actors pull off extremely well. Mykelti Williamson was great as uncle Gabriel, a touched in the head war vet. Wasn't what I expected what this film would be about, but was pleasantly surprised.

So you liked Fences eh. Cool. I wanna see it as well. I saw it in its first form, a play, on Broadway back in the 80s. It's part 6 of a 10 part series called the Pittsburgh Cycle that was written by August Wilson. When I saw it James Earl Jones was Troy, Mary Alice was Rose, and Frankie Faison was in the Gabriel role. Damn great play and damn great acting by all involved, but I wondered if it would translate well to film. If you already knew this then my bad, but thanks for posting about it. I wanna see the movie even more now.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you liked Fences eh. Cool. I wanna see it as well. I saw it in its first form, a play, on Broadway back in the 80s. It's part 6 of a 10 part series called the Pittsburgh Cycle that was written by August Wilson. When I saw it James Earl Jones was Troy, Mary Alice was Rose, and Frankie Faison was in the Gabriel role. Damn great play and damn great acting by all involved, but I wondered if it would translate well to film. If you already knew this then my bad, but thanks for posting about it. I wanna see the movie even more now.

Play? Gaaaaaaaaay!

:)

How's life treating you Breed? Been hiding out on the Skins board?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to watch the new Independence Day last night.

It was so fucking bad. Couldn't finish it.

I'm glad I skated right by it at the video store then.

Picked up the Tom Hanks movie Sully.

Yesterday I watched Jason Bourne. I like that series.

And yesterday afternoon I watched On The Beach. Greg Peck, Fred Astaire, Anthony Perkins and Ava Gardner. Powerful film.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play? Gaaaaaaaaay!

Heh. Culture, homey. Culture.

How's life treating you Breed? Been hiding out on the Skins board?

I'm well, really well. How bout yourself? I thought about you a couple weeks ago. I made one of my once in a blue moon checks of facebook and saw that a female who's from/lives in Vancouver that I know, but haven't seen in years. Hit me up. Amost immediately I thought about you. Hmmm, maybe gay after all eh. Heh.

Yeah, the Skins fourm has become my main spot. I still bounce from forun to forum though. What about you? Where are you hanging your internet hat these days?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Culture, homey. Culture.

I'm well, really well. How bout yourself? I thought about you a couple weeks ago. I made one of my once in a blue moon checks of facebook and saw that a female who's from/lives in Vancouver that I know, but haven't seen in years. Hit me up. Amost immediately I thought about you. Hmmm, maybe gay after all eh. Heh.

Yeah, the Skins fourm has become my main spot. I still bounce from forun to forum though. What about you? Where are you hanging your internet hat these days?

Hawks forum, the entertainment forum a bit here, that's about it. I dipped my toe into NST here for about 10 minutes right after we all migrated over, and never went back. That place is... well... not for me.

Just funnin' about the play btw. Did lots of plays back in HS, and even got paid to do murder mystery weekends waaaay back in the day.

Doing alright. Still grinding away. Daughter is 17, finishes grade 12 this year. Wants to go to an incredibly expensive arts/game/TV/film school in of all places Vancouver.

Thankfully I've only got one to pay for, unlike you.

Good to know you're well though.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This past week

Sausage Party - funny as all hell and definitely not for kids
Sing - some humor and more suited for kids
Rogue One - 4 stars, people will get a few surprise delights out of this one

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rouge One: Really enjoyed it. Had pretty high expectations and they were pleasantly met.

4/5

Suicide Squad: Meh, it was okay. Harley's ass was easily the star of the show. They should have shown it more IMO.

2/5