• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My GF is not a dude, and she's the one who watches them. I'm usually Hoopin' it, but that's where my comfy chair is.

I sort of saw that Kevin Costner baseball movie with Susan Sarandon last night. Out of like a dozen TVs it was the only screen that wasn't basketball.

Bull Durham

One of my all time favorite movies

IronJaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bull Durham

One of my all time favorite movies
Of course, there are movies about real players and teams, such as The Pride of the Yankees (Lou Gehrig), The Pride of St. Louis (Dizzy Dean), The Stratton Story, 42, and 61*(I really enjoyed 61*) and a few more. Then, like Bull Durham, the comedy type baseball movies like Major League, Angels in the Outfield (1951 and a remake in 1994), Major League II...not very good like Major League, but some parts are good like when Cousin Eddie was harassing "Wild Thing" from the stands, Major League: Back to the minors (better than Major League II), It Happens Every Spring with Ray Milland as a professor who develops a substance that resists wood so he becomes a Cardinals pitcher with his substance), and of course, The Sandlot, Fever Pitch, and the Bad News Bears (the original...the second version was awful).

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, there are movies about real players and teams, such as The Pride of the Yankees (Lou Gehrig), The Pride of St. Louis (Dizzy Dean), The Stratton Story, 42, and 61*(I really enjoyed 61*) and a few more. Then, like Bull Durham, the comedy type baseball movies like Major League, Angels in the Outfield (1951 and a remake in 1994), Major League II...not very good like Major League, but some parts are good like when Cousin Eddie was harassing "Wild Thing" from the stands, Major League: Back to the minors (better than Major League II), It Happens Every Spring with Ray Milland as a professor who develops a substance that resists wood so he becomes a Cardinals pitcher with his substance), and of course, The Sandlot, Fever Pitch, and the Bad News Bears (the original...the second version was awful).

Yeah baseball movies have a strong library

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with that. That third Major League movie should’ve never seen the light of day.
While it wasn’t as good as the original, I didn’t really mind the remake of BNB.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
47 Ronin with Mr. Reeves... came out in 2013, not sure why I never watched it but I found it pretty entertaining. Couldn't stop thinking of Sekiro while watching lol.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Amsterdam. It's more of a vibe than a movie but it's pretty clear with it's point. I liked it but it's about as safe as a movie can be. Like a college dorm room with everyone getting along

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Noise. Adam Driver is a college professor in Hitler studies and the husband in a blended family. Both he and his wife are obesessed with the fear of death. That's the central theme of this movie which is a confusing mix of black comedy and dramatic elements. There's a chemical leak in their town which exacerbates their fears and leads to a mass evacuation and panic. There are some funny and interesting parts but it really never came together and I wouldn't recommend it.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullet train.

It’s silly and violent, more the former than even the latter

Prince drags it down like an anchor

But a fun watch

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K so finally got around to watching Whip It (Ellen Page roller derby movie) and gotta say it was pretty good. A little slow in areas, but overall great acting by Page and her surrounding Derby partners. I LOVED Stern/Harden in this movie who really stole the show.

It was a pretty endearing movie and coming of age. My knock was the lame love interest *SPOILERS* perceived BETRAYAL but overall was pretty fun. It helps that when I was in College I actually went to a couple Roller Derby matches - it's a little confusing to follow and the movie did a poor job portraying how it exactly works (which is confusing) but it's a fun movie anyway.

Good performances by Lewis and Page as well, but the interactions between Stern/Harden/Page really is what sold the movie..

6/10, nothing major to write home about... I would suggest anyone watching this (on HBO Max ATM) research a little bit about how Roller Derby works before you watch. As usual with sports movies, it's not entirely correct... but it gets the point across.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love that movie!

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double Indemnity (1944)

A great movie about a murder plot for the sake of an insurance payout, and then the aftermath. One of the best classic film noirs.

A

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Cousin Vinny again and West Side Story again... the original not that unnecessary piece of junk Spielberg cobbled together. MCV was entertaining, though not quite as funny as I recall.. and I'm still a sucker for the original WSS.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Do Over.

Typical Adam Sandler movie.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunset Boulevard (1950)

Very good movie by the great Billy Wilder. Good payoff in the end.

A-

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont Worry Darling. The bad reviews were right... a half-assed mix of The Stepford Wives & Truman Show. The lead performance by Florence Pugh is the only thing to recommend it and it was not nearly enough. It seemed as if she was acting in a different movie from the rest but perhaps that was intentional.

This has the outline of a great flick. I watched it over 2 nights as I went to bed picking up part 2 last night against my better judgement because the first half had just been a rather boring slow crawl towards..... well, that's what I wanted to find out. Because thematically it was interesting and there was promise of a nice payoff at the end. Well not so much. The screen went black, the credits rolled and that's 2 hours of my life that I'll never get back. The look was great .. I'll say that for it. 4/10

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont Worry Darling. The bad reviews were right... a half-assed mix of The Stepford Wives & Truman Show. The lead performance by Florence Pugh is the only thing to recommend it and it was not nearly enough. It seemed as if she was acting in a different movie from the rest but perhaps that was intentional.

This has the outline of a great flick. I watched it over 2 nights as I went to bed picking up part 2 last night against my better judgement because the first half had just been a rather boring slow crawl towards..... well, that's what I wanted to find out. Because thematically it was interesting and there was promise of a nice payoff at the end. Well not so much. The screen went black, the credits rolled and that's 2 hours of my life that I'll never get back. The look was great .. I'll say that for it. 4/10
It has been available to me for free on one of the services (HBO?) for a while now, but I haven’t yet been tempted to check it out. I have yet to hear anything good about it.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old...typical m night shamalingadingdong flick. Stars with an interesting premises and then the ending fails miserably. Resort vacation turns into a twilight zone episode give it a C-