• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Kingdom

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done.
The series has finished up, with rumors of potential movies to cover the remaining books.

Would recommend to anyone that enjoyed Vikings or GoT.

The final season of last kingdom was much better than season 8 of GOT. My wife cried pretty much every episode lol. Just a very well done series.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best series on Netflix. The last season seemed kinda “hurry up and tie all the loose ends because we won’t get another season”

Can’t wait for the movie

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best series on Netflix. The last season seemed kinda “hurry up and tie all the loose ends because we won’t get another season”

Can’t wait for the movie

In the middle of it.. not enjoying it near as much. I get the point was to unite England but meh...I'd have preferred they left the ending the series had.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the middle of it.. not enjoying it near as much. I get the point was to unite England but meh...I'd have preferred they left the ending the series had.
I would love to see a similar series that isn't based on historical events.
Just go to town on the action, political intrigue, and characters without having to shoehorn them into a known history.

Kids getting taken, raised in a foreign land, learning new ways, finding forbidden love, then going on a path of revenge leaving a trail of bodies along the way.

A tale as old as time......

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see a similar series that isn't based on historical events.
Just go to town on the action, political intrigue, and characters without having to shoehorn them into a known history.

Kids getting taken, raised in a foreign land, learning new ways, finding forbidden love, then going on a path of revenge leaving a trail of bodies along the way.

A tale as old as time......

Basically the entire movie was to get to the end which was the only potential surprise. I wish they'd just left the ending as is. Anyone who brushed up on Aethelstan knew he united England.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with historical fiction is that you kind of have to follow the major plot points of history which both adds to and detracts from the rest of the story.

Adds reality. Removes surprise.