• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The LA Angels at Your Texas Rangers 9/26 - 9/29

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that definitely puts us at the disadvantage. I'm assuming its because we have the worst combined head-to-head record?

I have no explanation for that.... Most likely you're right. We played so bad against Cleveland.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the win streak.... So damn frustrating right now. I just hope this team gets to decide their fate on the field against TB or Cleveland not in the standings :hope:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit..... I looked at the schedule earlier in the week and I thought it was 7:05???? Did they change it?

They changed the game to 11am today because there is a chance of inclement weather later in the day. Not sure that would help us any playing a day game, unless Josh drops a pop-up or can't hit in the day time. Oh wait that excuse was 2 years ago

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We suck at day games..... The team won't be demoralized and feel extra pressure by seeing TB or Cleveland win before first pitch.... Which was a possibility before the time change.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardenhire's a real a-hole. He forfeits tonight by pitching Pedro Hernandez (almost 7 ERA) and is following that act up tomorrow by starting Cole DeVries (11+ ERA!). Thanks for respecting the integrity of the game so much that you just give away games before they even start. The Rangers are solely to blame for their current predicament, so I don't expect other teams to do them any favors. But I also don't expect other teams to just about go out of their way to do the Indians such significant favors either. Seriously, how can you consciously start a guy with an 11 ERA? What a great way to thank fans there in Minnesota during Fan Appreciation week. They'd have a better chance at winning letting the ghost of Kirby Puckett pitch tomorrow than the soon-to-be Subway Sandwich Artist DeVries.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardenhire's a real a-hole. He forfeits tonight by pitching Pedro Hernandez (almost 7 ERA) and is following that act up tomorrow by starting Cole DeVries (11+ ERA!). Thanks for respecting the integrity of the game so much that you just give away games before they even start. The Rangers are solely to blame for their current predicament, so I don't expect other teams to do them any favors. But I also don't expect other teams to just about go out of their way to do the Indians such significant favors either. Seriously, how can you consciously start a guy with an 11 ERA? What a great way to thank fans there in Minnesota during Fan Appreciation week. They'd have a better chance at winning letting the ghost of Kirby Puckett pitch tomorrow than the soon-to-be Subway Sandwich Artist DeVries.

Those little bastards almost came back and won the first game! If Kazmir shits the bed like he did throughout his stint with the angels, the game could be a high scoring slugfest that goes either way. I don't expect anything out of De Vries tho, the twins seem like they want to just get this season over with. Toronto is our best hope, they played well today and have a good starter pitching on the final game of the season.

It sucks relying on bottom feeders, but I recall the Marlins winning a game for St. Louis late in September. St. Louis narrowly clinched a wild card on the last game of that season. The Cardinals upset the Phillies, beat the Brewers, and won the World Series aided by a perfectly timed thunderstorm and an infamous outfield blunder. I'm not saying we would be the next Cardinals, but the best thing about the MLB playoffs is that anything can happen and any team could win. We would be one of the hotter teams if we get in based off our previous 10 games.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Rios has turned out to be a very good acquisition for the Rangers. He has all the tools and seems to have a very consistent approach at the plate.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew Reed would blow the game the other night against Cleveland. Him and Nate have been awful. But if we can overcome that blown game in Tampa that will really be something. If not for that we are tied with Cleveland and a game ahead of Tampa. But I have to give this team some credit right now because they have to win out at home to have a chance and so far they have done it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's jack in the farm system that's close to ML ready and there's not much in FA that's much of an improvement over Mitch Moreland if you factor in price

Only way to do so would be through trade

just a thought but how about Napoli?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And from what I've read, Napoli has played a very good 1B this year, probably an anomaly but certainly not a SSS

Cruz (re-sign)
Napoli
Soto (re-sign)
McCann

Something along those lines would suit me fine

C help (Soto, McCann, Napoli in an emergency)
OF help (Cruz)
DH help (Napoli, McCann, Cruz)
1B help (Napoli)

What I posted earlier

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like it except i would consider adding a quality LF'er to your list.

how about pitching?

Cruz, Rios, Gentry and Martin should be getting it done in the OF, I certainly wouldn't throw big money or prospects at someone

Cruz's defensive inadequacies would be mitigated in LF

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz, Rios, Gentry and Martin should be getting it done in the OF, I certainly wouldn't throw big money or prospects at someone

Cruz's defensive inadequacies would be mitigated in LF

i see some of your point but i feel that Cruz is a liability in the OF and he should be considered only as a primary DH with limited exposure in the OF and i see Gentry and Martin as working as a tandem in CF with Gentry being the primary 4th OF'er. the need for a quality LF'er exist

Tacobenboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like it except i would consider adding a quality LF'er to your list.

how about pitching?

If they re-sign Cruz, and manage to get Napoli back, then Gentry is my everyday LF and leadoff hitter. Problem is, the Sox are gonna pony up and pay Napoli so I just don't see him coming back.

Tacobenboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Hamilton in the lineup for the Angels. Shit there goes a couple of double plays. Pretty much every player in the Angel lineup hits over .300 against Holland. Very, very short leash for him today if I'm Wash. We certainly don't have the luxury of watching Dutch try to work through his inner demons today.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Rios has turned out to be a very good acquisition for the Rangers. He has all the tools and seems to have a very consistent approach at the plate.
Agree and hope others do too. This guy has done what he was expected to do and more.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see some of your point but i feel that Cruz is a liability in the OF and he should be considered only as a primary DH with limited exposure in the OF and i see Gentry and Martin as working as a tandem in CF with Gentry being the primary 4th OF'er. the need for a quality LF'er exist

I'd be willing to be Cruz wouldn't sign to be our primary dh.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cruz is a liability in the OF but not a huge one and even less so in LF and if you're only splitting time between Gentry and Martin in CF, then you're under-utilizing Gentry

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nathan sent a text to Gardenhire telling him to rally the troops in Minny. Frasor sent texts to Jays players encouraging them. Hopefully they help their old friends out a bit.