• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The idea that Pace was never going to eat his mistakes

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is sort of dead, right?

- Cuts Leonard Floyd

- Brings in probable Trubisky replacement

- Signs Jimmy Graham and cuts Trey Burton

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is sort of dead, right?

- Cuts Leonard Floyd

Burton wasn't a mistake. Should've been a brilliant sign. Nobody could know that he had Traumatic Brain Injury.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burton wasn't a mistake. Should've been a brilliant sign. Nobody could know that he had Traumatic Brain Injury.

Well, regardless...

There were a lot of fans/local commentators (and posters here) saying we were stuck riding out certain players because they were a big Pace investment.

I think Pace has made it abundantly clear that he can own a mistake/misstep (we'll call Burton a misstep) and try to fix it. Instead of simply doubling down out of pride and going down with his ship.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, regardless...

There were a lot of fans/local commentators (and posters here) saying we were stuck riding out certain players because they were a big Pace investment.

I think Pace has made it abundantly clear that he can own a mistake/misstep (we'll call Burton a misstep) and try to fix it. Instead of simply doubling down out of pride and going down with his ship.

Oh ya...no fucking doubt, Burton can fuck rocks.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don’t make the playoffs this year, he’s gone. I don’t mind him too much compared to other Bears GMs. I think he is average. If we lose him, odds are the next GM blows everything up and his vision turns out to be nothing. I think this bears team vastly under achieved last year. With Foles at QB, and improved TE position (Burton and Graham could’ve been a deadly duo, but the bears back ups last year were good) and an improved oline, we are super bowl contenders if our QB is average to good.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don’t make the playoffs this year, he’s gone. I don’t mind him too much compared to other Bears GMs. I think he is average. If we lose him, odds are the next GM blows everything up and his vision turns out to be nothing. I think this bears team vastly under achieved last year. With Foles at QB, and improved TE position (Burton and Graham could’ve been a deadly duo, but the bears back ups last year were good) and an improved oline, we are super bowl contenders if our QB is average to good.
I think he's above average. People forget just how much of a dumpster fire the team was when he took over. We had some talent but it was toxic or aging with absolutely nothing in the pipeline thanks to Angelo and Emery racking up wretched drafts. The team he inherited was:

QB: Cutler (aging and not that good)
RB: Forte (aging)
WR: Marshall (toxic)
WR: Jeffery
TE: Martellus Bennett (wanted out and did hardly anything after leaving)
LT: Bushrod
LG: Slauson
C: Garza (getting washed up)
RG: Kyle Long
RT: Jordan Mills

DE: Jared Allen (washed up)
DE: Lamarr Houston (decent)
DE: Willie Young (decent)
DT: Stephen Paea
DT: Jay Ratliff (washed up)
LB: Jon Bostic (not that good)
LB: Lance Briggs (end of his career)
LB: Shea McClellin (bust)
CB: Kyle Fuller (rookie)
CB: Tim Jennings (older and undersized)
S: Chris Conte (awful)
S: Ryan Mundy (replacement level)

The bench was a cavalcade of guys who would never make anything of themselves elsewhere other than Charles Leno taking over at LT. It's taken a while to get some talent through the draft but he has, and he's been aggressive in addressing needs in free agency and trades with guys like Robinson, Burton, Mack and Foles. Not everything has worked out but no GM is going to have a pristine record, especially not when his big move at QB doesn't work out.

As we said last year, if this team had an average QB, it would have been in the superbowl picture even with a pretty bad offensive line and running game. That's in large part to the roster Pace has built, which is also chocked full of not just good players but high character players as well.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's above average. People forget just how much of a dumpster fire the team was when he took over. We had some talent but it was toxic or aging with absolutely nothing in the pipeline thanks to Angelo and Emery racking up wretched drafts. The team he inherited was:

QB: Cutler (aging and not that good)
RB: Forte (aging)
WR: Marshall (toxic)
WR: Jeffery
TE: Martellus Bennett (wanted out and did hardly anything after leaving)
LT: Bushrod
LG: Slauson
C: Garza (getting washed up)
RG: Kyle Long
RT: Jordan Mills

DE: Jared Allen (washed up)
DE: Lamarr Houston (decent)
DE: Willie Young (decent)
DT: Stephen Paea
DT: Jay Ratliff (washed up)
LB: Jon Bostic (not that good)
LB: Lance Briggs (end of his career)
LB: Shea McClellin (bust)
CB: Kyle Fuller (rookie)
CB: Tim Jennings (older and undersized)
S: Chris Conte (awful)
S: Ryan Mundy (replacement level)

The bench was a cavalcade of guys who would never make anything of themselves elsewhere other than Charles Leno taking over at LT. It's taken a while to get some talent through the draft but he has, and he's been aggressive in addressing needs in free agency and trades with guys like Robinson, Burton, Mack and Foles. Not everything has worked out but no GM is going to have a pristine record, especially not when his big move at QB doesn't work out.

As we said last year, if this team had an average QB, it would have been in the superbowl picture even with a pretty bad offensive line and running game. That's in large part to the roster Pace has built, which is also chocked full of not just good players but high character players as well.
Hate you for that reminder. Liked your post though...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is sort of dead, right?

- Cuts Leonard Floyd

Graham was a disappointment in Green Bay despite playing with Aaron Rodgers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was overpaid from the get go. IMO. Not a fan or against the player himself but I never thought he deserved that money based on production.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think much of him myself but compared to what we trotted out last year he is a upgrade. I still think we will get a TE in the draft.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hope is that green bay just didn't/doesn't use or know to use the right end in their offense. I wouldn't expect the Graham we saw in NO or Seattle but if he's solid then he's a massive upgrade over last year. This certainly puts tight end in the draft conversation, and we all know that you can find some good ones in the 2nd and beyond.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermichael Finley and Jared Cook.
LOFL

Finley's best year was 8 years ago. 61 rec, 667 yds, 2 fucking TDs.

Not exactly a world-beater.

And Cook's best and ONLY season? 30 fucking rec. 337 yds and 1 TD

Try again.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOFL

Finley's best year was 8 years ago. 61 rec, 667 yds, 2 fucking TDs.

Not exactly a world-beater.

And Cook's best and ONLY season? 30 fucking rec. 337 yds and 1 TD

Try again.
The other TE's were much worse.