• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The idea that Pace was never going to eat his mistakes

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham was a disappointment in Green Bay despite playing with Aaron Rodgers.

A) That's not the point. Regardless of whether or not you feel that the replacement is competent. The point is that he admitted he got the signing wrong.

B) Name the last TE in GB who did anything other than disappoint. I'll wait.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn coming out of nowhere played a big part in releasing Floyd. So I don't know how much credit Pace deserves. Would Floyd be gone if Quinn stayed in Dallas? Who knows right.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn coming out of nowhere played a big part in releasing Floyd. So I don't know how much credit Pace deserves. Would Floyd be gone if Quinn stayed in Dallas? Who knows right.

It seems highly unlikely that the Bears were going to pay Floyd elite edge rusher money at his 5th year option price.

Also, regardless of how you spin it, the Bears moved on from Floyd and upgraded. So, of course, Pace deserves credit for that.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk to me after opening day...If Trubisky is our starter, Pace's biggest mistake will probably cost us another year....I'm absolutely certain at this point that in 2018 we could have done what we did without Mitch...and odds are significantly high that we would have done better. He has not propelled us...He has restricted us...and to further that restriction will not be apologized for by making somewhat obvious (due to both price and ineffectiveness) moves in dumping Burton and Floyd.

Pace needs a miracle if Biscuit starts. I'm sure of it.

Dude is going to literally get everyone fired.

But hey, he's a nice kid. So that should make the firing easier to swallow.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk to me after opening day...If Trubisky is our starter, Pace's biggest mistake will probably cost us another year....I'm absolutely certain at this point that in 2018 we could have done what we did without Mitch...and odds are significantly high that we would have done better. He has not propelled us...He has restricted us...and to further that restriction will not be apologized for by making somewhat obvious (due to both price and ineffectiveness) moves in dumping Burton and Floyd.

Pace needs a miracle if Biscuit starts. I'm sure of it.

Dude is going to literally get everyone fired.

But hey, he's a nice kid. So that should make the firing easier to swallow.

Or he would simply need Foles to save the day if Trubisky comes out as the same old Trubisky.

The bright side of Trubisky starting this year as opposed to the previous two? We are not totally committed to him if he should stink the joint up. He would only remain the starter for as long as he earns it. If he started 2-2 and we played a handful of 19-16 or 21-16 type of games again? Odds are that we turn to Foles.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or he would simply need Foles to save the day if Trubisky comes out as the same old Trubisky.

The bright side of Trubisky starting this year as opposed to the previous two? We are not totally committed to him if he should stink the joint up. He would only remain the starter for as long as he earns it. If he started 2-2 and we played a handful of 19-16 or 21-16 type of games again? Odds are that we turn to Foles.

Having an additional game and playoff spot will allow for a little fudge...but I don't like being a defense first team and having us fall behind a game or 2 in the division right off the bat...So if that happens, here's hoping the rest of the north doesn't see a team or teams go 3-1 or 4-0. That's our best shot in that scenario. These little things add up. Unless anyone thinks we're some kind of juggernaut with Foles? I don't. So starting 2-2 then asking for 9-4 the rest of the way to guarantee a playoff spot seems...iffy. I guess 8-5 could do it.

17 game schedule has me kind of wonked out figuring out how it will all break down. Probably 10 wins is still the benchmark? So 11 is in...10 is probably in and possibly need help?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having an additional game and playoff spot will allow for a little fudge...but I don't like being a defense first team and having us fall behind a game or 2 in the division right off the bat...So if that happens, here's hoping the rest of the north doesn't see a team or teams go 3-1 or 4-0. That's our best shot in that scenario. These little things add up. Unless anyone thinks we're some kind of juggernaut with Foles? I don't. So starting 2-2 then asking for 9-4 the rest of the way to guarantee a playoff spot seems...iffy. I guess 8-5 could do it.

17 game schedule has me kind of wonked out figuring out how it will all break down. Probably 10 wins is still the benchmark? So 11 is in...10 is probably in and possibly need help?

The 17 game schedule will not begin in 2020. They're hoping to begin that in 2021. This will be the last go round with the old format.

However, given the extra playoff spot? I think the 7th spot will probably float between 9-8 and 10-7 most every year. When they first announced the expansion, it was said that there were only a select few years where 8-8 would have gotten in when it hadn't already done the job. Most of the time it would have been 9-7, I think. Last year in the NFC it would have been that Rams at 9-7. With us 8th and on the outside at 8-8.

What this should do is get rid of the 10-6 team missing the playoffs. Which happens roughly once or twice per decade. With us having been a victim of that in 2012.